Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: Lucha Underground Superthread

vCash
    Mentioned
    6 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Default Re: Lucha Underground Superthread

Mantanza went crazy with the beat down of Rey last night. Angélico had me marking out with another insane dive.

Props to surrender for the great banner.

Yang Xiao Long fangirl Mistress's Avatar

vCash
    Mentioned
    65 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

My new fave stable in all of wrestling...passing the Bullet Club....is the Worldwide Underground. They won me over with their match last season vs "these guys"

Their antics in Aztec warfare 3 were hilarious.

Thank you Surrender!!!
    Voted Co-Most Underrated Nerdery Poster of 2014 (With Raven*)
    If prowrestling were fake, it would make every fan in the history of the sport a complete & utter moron - Monty Burns

vCash
    Mentioned
    38 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Paul London and his Rabbit Tribe intrigue me.

Yes, even in the weird-ass Lucha Underground, I'm gravitating towards the most off-the-wall thing.

Get at me, normies.

PW Tag Team Champion!! HilaryFan's Avatar

vCash
    Mentioned
    12 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

What a fucking awesome episode, one of the best in the shows history.

Fox vs Killshot was amazing, Rabbit Tribe are so muCh fun, Johnny freaking Mundo.

( ?_?) - 97% of PW suddenly think Michael Cole is awesome. If you're part of the 3% that still thinks he is an annoying tool, copy & paste this into your sig.

Currently Playing: Suikoden 1, Max Payne 1, Beyond Good and Evil, MGS Peace Walker

vCash
    Mentioned
    6 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

That Fox vs Killshot match was insane. I want to see them fight at least 2 more times. I just found out that Cheerleader Melissa is Mariposa. What a waste of a character. LU normally has strong characters. That's fine no promotion's batting average is close to flawless.

vCash
    Mentioned
    38 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

So, hey guys.

Lucha Underground has been three fire emojis lately. Tonight's episode, Pentagon Dark vs. the Black Lotus Triad.

It was, as they said in the 90s, crazy dope stupid fly.

vCash
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

The show was awesome.

Vampiro's commentary, was not.

vCash
    Mentioned
    65 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Sexy Star vs Mundo in a steel cage makes me happy in the pants.

Thank you Surrender!!!
    If prowrestling were fake, it would make every fan in the history of the sport a complete & utter moron - Monty Burns

vCash
    Mentioned
    6 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I fear Mantanza might break Rey Rey in half once he gets his hands on him.

vCash
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Ed View Post
    I fear Mantanza might break Rey Rey in half once he gets his hands on him.
    Season 2 Rey probably, but now that he's back to super gross roided WWE Rey I doubt it.

vCash
    Mentioned
    65 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

The Rabbit Tribe vs The Worldwide Underground needs to happen.

Thank you Surrender!!!

vCash
    Mentioned
    92 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I got Sling TV for the Texans game tonight. Apparently they have some stuff on demand on there, on El Rey they have quite a bit of Lucha Underground, the last few episodes of season 2 and a bunch of season 3. May have to start a pot of coffee, roll up a few blunts and start a marathon later tonight.

Ravishing Slick Dude KashDinero's Avatar

vCash
    Mentioned
    15 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Do it. Coffee, blunts, LU.. Sounds like the perfect Christmas to me.

Actually just came here to say I was the recipient of the greatest X-Mas pressie I've ever been given. My wonderful uncle, for whom I am very thankful for and blessed to have in my life, took the time to DL all 26 episodes of season 2 and all the episodes of so far of season 3 and put them onto a brand new USB stick.

Humbled by life right now.

Having spent the last seven months being unable to watch any wrestling outside of a weekly cut down one hour version of Raw (for which I am also grateful for as, limited as it was, it kept me in the game), I have the daunting yet exciting task of playing catch up with WWE PPV's, Takeovers, CWC, PWG's, Broken Matt Hardy's (DELETE!) ect. All that has officially been put on hold until I am fully up to date with the most amazing TV show to grace my lap/desktop in forever.

That first episode of season 2 was a glorious piece of work. That shit will hold up for years to come.

Currently watching se2ep2 and it's unlikely I'll stop for a good few more episodes.

What a fucking show Lucha Underground. So good. So very, very good.

#WrestlingHeavenOnEarth
    PW Nerdery's Most Underrated Poster Of 2015

vCash
    Mentioned
    5 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by KashDinero View Post
    Do it. Coffee, blunts, LU.. Sounds like the perfect Christmas to me.

Actually just came here to say I was the recipient of the greatest X-Mas pressie I've ever been given. My wonderful uncle, for whom I am very thankful for and blessed to have in my life, took the time to DL all 26 episodes of season 2 and all the episodes of so far of season 3 and put them onto a brand new USB stick.

Humbled by life right now.

Having spent the last seven months being unable to watch any wrestling outside of a weekly cut down one hour version of Raw (for which I am also grateful for as, limited as it was, it kept me in the game), I have the daunting yet exciting task of playing catch up with WWE PPV's, Takeovers, CWC, PWG's, Broken Matt Hardy's (DELETE!) ect. All that has officially been put on hold until I am fully up to date with the most amazing TV show to grace my lap/desktop in forever.

That first episode of season 2 was a glorious piece of work. That shit will hold up for years to come.

Currently watching se2ep2 and it's unlikely I'll stop for a good few more episodes.

What a fucking show Lucha Underground. So good. So very, very good.

#WrestlingHeavenOnEarth
    Kash is back! The perfect Christmas present for PW!

That first episode of Season 2 was the best hour of wrestling this year and probably the best hour of wrestling imo, everything was just perfect about it. Watched it so many times.

I need to catch up on the last two months of Season 3 myself. lol:

vCash
    Mentioned
    92 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I've started Ultimate Lucha Dos, I'm going to start watching through it from here and make my way through season 3. Cage and Mack taking it to the extreme in the first match, god I miss this. Pinatas!!

Oh my god. This shit is so fucking awesome. That was a fucking match right there son. Loved that so much. It's on now.
    Last edited by ShinobiMusashi; 12-26-2016 at 10:49 PM.

vCash
    Mentioned
    92 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

So I go to watch the second episode of Ultima Lucha Dos and they took all of the Ultima Lucha Dos episodes down, only thing up from season two is Cage in a Cage episode. Fuck me running. I guess I'm just going to jump into season 3.

vCash
    Mentioned
    6 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Cage now has some sort of power glove? everybody's fucked.

vCash
    Mentioned
    27 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I watched LU for the first time in a few months last night.

I think they need a new booker. Things are getting tired.

I loved season 1. I liked how season 2 started ... but now?

I feel like they've made a few big mistakes. I'm disapointed in the way they've handled Mysterio. Storylines have slowed down. Pay offs are far off and not impactful.

I like the idea of Lucha Underground. But it needs to be a lot tighter in terms of story structure.

Also ... Sexy Star? WTF? Not even top ten in terms of the LU roster ...

vCash
    Mentioned
    12 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

There are some criticisms to put to LU, but their handling of Rey is not one of them. They have booked him incredibly well, like the true legend he is.

Pentagon is the biggest black hole. They had the mos over guy on the roster ever and they turned into a glorified jobber

( ?_?) - 97% of PW suddenly think Michael Cole is awesome. If you're part of the 3% that still thinks he is an annoying tool, copy & paste this into your sig.

Currently Playing: Suikoden 1, Max Payne 1, Beyond Good and Evil, MGS Peace Walker

vCash
    Mentioned
    92 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Starting my season 3 binge marathon right now. Fucking love that Honkey Tonk Man cameo.

Matanza vs Son of Havoc was a fun as hell match. Loved the spot where Mat kicked out of a pin and pressed Havoc into the air, only for him to come down into an armbar. Sweet.

Pretty good show there, Rey vs Pentagon was nice. Also the women's match with Sexy Star was damn good too. Feel like the women's wrestling of LU is underrated, some of these matches have been better than the acclaimed stuff from NXT and WWE to me.

Moving along to episode 2. Edit: Good stuff, that fucking main event was wild. LOVED IT!
    Last edited by ShinobiMusashi; 12-30-2016 at 12:48 PM.

vCash
    Mentioned
    5 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Mad Dog Smith View Post
    I watched LU for the first time in a few months last night.

I think they need a new booker. Things are getting tired.

I loved season 1. I liked how season 2 started ... but now?

I feel like they've made a few big mistakes. I'm disapointed in the way they've handled Mysterio. Storylines have slowed down. Pay offs are far off and not impactful.

I like the idea of Lucha Underground. But it needs to be a lot tighter in terms of story structure.

Also ... Sexy Star? WTF? Not even top ten in terms of the LU roster ...
    I'll disagree on Rey's handling, they're treating him for what he is - the king of Lucha and I'm okay with that. He's also helped Dragon Azteca Jr. get over so that's good plus he's been having better matches than he was for his last few years in the WWE. I thought when he originally

But I'll agree with you on the rest and it's a big reason why I haven't watched in the last two months, there really isn't any pay-offs to the storylines for the most part and I'm not a fan of a lot of their booking decisions since about half-way through season 2. I feel that the match quality is very high and was much better than Season 1 but they've tried far too hard with complex booking angles that's been off-putting and this entire 'Reuniting the Gods' angle that has involved over half the roster in some form has been annoying because it's so hard to keep up with what's going on as they'll mention what'll look like a key factor to the angle and then never mention it again.

They revealed that Aerostar is a timetraveller who is sent into the future to reunite the seven Gods before a great disaster happens and then it's dropped completely for an entire season. That's just one example of many with them with this angle, a wrestling angle shouldn't be this hard to keep up with and I don't really see what kind of pay-off there should be.

As @HilaryFan said as well, the booking of Pentagon has been a flop. He's the hottest guy they have and they've completely mishandled everything about him and most of his booking makes no sense.

I dunno, I'll start watching LU again and catch back up but I really wish they'd go back to what Season 1 so special - just simple wrestling storylines with interesting, fleshed out characters.

vCash
    Mentioned
    12 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

To be fair, with matches like Marty vs Killshot, this is still the best wrestling show on tv regardless

vCash
    Mentioned
    92 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Finished episode 3 a few minutes ago, just started episode 4. So far this is damn good stuff, better show overall than anything else in wrestling I've seen this year.

vCash
    Mentioned
    5 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by HilaryFan View Post
    To be fair, with matches like Marty vs Killshot, this is still the best wrestling show on tv regardless
    Oh yeah, the match quality on the show is still ridiculously high. They've so many talented wrestlers and they do a good job of ensuring they get enough time to put on a very good match

Ravishing Slick Dude KashDinero's Avatar

vCash
    Mentioned
    15 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

King Cuerno and Phoenix's pair of clashes on 2.1 and 2.3 were everything I love about the in ring product of LU. Those guys have the sort of chemistry that ensures quality and intensity no matter what's at stake. The fact that those two matches took place on the same day of TV tapings makes it all the more impressive.

I know it's old news to most of you guys, and I've actually seen the first 8 or so eps of se2, but I'm once more in the state of awe that has been missing from my life for far too long.

Currently watching 2.4 and it's been a bloody great show.

Angelico, Ivellise and Son of Havoc vs The Crew was pure entertainment; I'll never tire of the dynamic that the first LU Trios champs bring/brought the table. I've always been a fan of the whole reluctant tag partner gimmick, but it's even better with three people who could quite easily walk away from each other if it wasn't for their common goal. This match also kinda reminded me just how fucking awesome Angelico is with his innovative knee strikes. Dude could nail someone with a Tiger Knee from half way across the ring before a brain could even think about contemplating what's happening.

When Joey Ryan was introduced to the show as an undercover cop (alongside Castro Cortez/Ricky Reyes) I thought it was a stroke of genius that made pure sense within the reality of the LUniverse; of course the cops are gonna be on to the corrupted soul that is Dario Cueto. His match against They Call Him Cage was a great debut for him. Joey is never gonna be a world champ, but he looked great bouncing around to Cage's wonderful power moves. That Screwdriver finish was sick too, and was a perfect way to end a match that saw Joey kicking out when it looked like he was done for. Loved how he shouted "HE AIN'T GETTING UP AFTER THIS!!". Also loved how Mundo tried to attack Cage after the match but Cage, ramped up in full on RoidRageMode, sent him packing like a boss.

Prince Puma and Pentagon ended the show in style. Simply put, Puma/Ricochet (whatever you wanna call him) is easily one of the best wrestlers on the planet, and Pentagon is possibly the coolest.

I know I'm way behind, but up the point where I'm at on this show, it has very seldom put a foot wrong, and when it comes to character development, and the overal careful handling and presentation of each member of the roster, LU is untouchable. The fact that many of the guys and gals here were previously unknown entities as far as this long time wrestling fan was concerned, and have now become some of my legit all time favourites resonates strongly with me.

LU also has the sexiest female roster ever. The fact that they're all as tough as the blokes makes them that much better. The whole intergender match thing also works here better than anywhere else. I guess it's because the whole show has a way of sucking me in without forcing myself to suspend my disbelief. LU is a comic book inspired TV show about wrestling plain and simple, and it just so happens to do the wrestling part in a way that the all out so-called indy-style benefits from and is enhanced by greatly.

The absolute main thing that I love about LU, though, is the fact that I am in full on kayfabe mark mode every time I watch it. The fact that it's clearly a "fake TV show" allows me to accept it as "RealDamnit!".

Fucking love this fucking show.
    PW Nerdery's Most Underrated Poster Of 2015

Thread Information