Page 2 of 22 FirstFirst 123412 ... LastLast

Thread: First I'm gonna make a Fan Fic GD thread, then I'm gonna #BeatUpJohnCena

is not your buddy, guy.

vCash
    Mentioned
    141 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Default Re: First I'm gonna make a Fan Fic GD thread, then I'm gonna #BeatUpJohnCena

TELL US EVERYTHING.

Glad you guys had a good time.

≡≡≡≡|≡≡≡≡

vCash
    Mentioned
    96 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Default Re: First I'm gonna make a Fan Fic GD thread, then I'm gonna #BeatUpJohnCena

Quote Originally Posted by Kid Jericho View Post
    How's your night? Mine's going well ... Just having a beer and burger with PI in Pittsburgh.
    A decade plus in the making, and it was everything I ever dreamt it would be... and more! Now we just gotta find somewhere halfway between Pittsburgh and Cincinnati to meet up and/or take turns heading each other's way to make this at least an annual thing... if not semi-annual, quarterly... weekly, daily... HOURLY!?!?

Quote Originally Posted by Raven* View Post
    PI and I were supposed to celebrate the 2016 Stanley Cup champions.
    Next season. Especially if we make it back to the finals.

Quote Originally Posted by Jeff View Post
    I still regret not meeting up with PI when he was here local for work.
    If it makes you feel any better, I was definitely intending to mug and/or sexually assault you that night. You dodged a figurative and possibly literal bullet that night.

: 04/02/11}:forever&always
    ... ... ... ... ... ... ... ... ... ... ... ... ... ... ... ...
    http://forums.prowrestling.com/showthread.php?t=121686

vCash
    Mentioned
    31 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by RT View Post
    TELL US EVERYTHING.

Glad you guys had a good time.
    Just a lot of general bro talk. Work jazz for awhile too. The fed stuff was so fun.

[π: WWPID?] ♥ ♥ ♥ ♥

≡≡≡≡|≡≡≡≡

vCash
    Mentioned
    96 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I watch Raw on Sling TV too.

Man, hanging with PI tonight was a blast. We shot the shit about work, family life, my kid ... And then got down to business doing our own WWE Draft using the rules as they are laid out. I did SD! and he did Raw. I'll post results tomorrow.

Also, we sat outside my hotel for probably an hour spitballing about a fed idea I had. He can chime in, but I think it was one of the coolest ideas I've had in awhile. It's revisionist history and a totally different approach to what actually happened.
    Yeah, Hostile Cahoots were on a roll. The night could've definitely kept rolling. Damn this "work" thing that compels us to part ways and get to bed at a reasonable hour.

I say you introduce some of the ideas that we hashed out in a "journal thread"... like the random thread, but tailored to a specific poster. Or maybe I'll give that a shot. Right now my creative juices are pumping, and I'm torn between doing something with my RAW roster or revisionist history. Strangely, I think we flipped tonight... you're thinking revisionist history, and I'm thinking about crafting something new in present tense (namely bringing Reverend D-Von into the New Day fold, and recreating the Wyatt Family with the Social Outcasts).

Such an awesome night!
    : 04/02/11}:forever&always
    ... ... ... ... ... ... ... ... ... ... ... ... ... ... ... ...
    http://forums.prowrestling.com/showthread.php?t=121686

I <3 JESUS

vCash
    Mentioned
    34 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

You two got me wanting to find a partner and do a brand split and compete against.
    Follower of Christ.

vCash
    Mentioned
    5 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

It still amazes me how quick it is to get a split off the ground, love me a good draft! Only issue is I am sick of the usual split within one company/two shows... I've always wanted to go down the whole two company split say WCW vs. WWE, ECW vs. WCW, WWE vs. TNA... I suppose it's not so much a split but more of two promotions going head to head, like a new Monday Night Wars you know... still have a draft where both sides can make up a sick roster each, make it a cross promotional show... not sure on the specifics but it's something I've always wanted to give a try.
    Thanks to Rad for the awesome banner!

Layne is my Green Star Holzhammer's Avatar

vCash
    Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I thought the draft might have been a good starting point to try and get into pro-wrestling again. I was so wrong.

2003 Club of FanFic <3

vCash
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Holzhammer View Post
    I thought the draft might have been a good starting point to try and get into pro-wrestling again. I was so wrong.
    I sat down to watch the draft and ended up finishing paperwork instead. G1-Climax/Super J Cup both being on at the same time helps though - I've watched 6 wrestling matches in one week, biggest record since the WM time period.

vCash
    Mentioned
    5 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

If it was that bad I'm glad I didn't watch it

vCash
    Mentioned
    31 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I liked the structure of the graph, and begrudgingly I get why Raw did the 3 for 2 picks.

But the selections themselves were terrible.

vCash
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I stayed up live to watch it and was left pretty underwhelmed. Seeing Balor and American Alpha get called up was awesome, but some of the picks were truly baffling. Gonna' hold judgement until next week however, as despite everything, they could knock it out of the park moving forward.

@SaveUsWP

Quote Originally Posted by RT
    "Will is so British, I don't even believe he is British. He just fits the stereotype so well, it's ridiculous."

≡≡≡≡|≡≡≡≡

vCash
    Mentioned
    96 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I liked the structure of the graph, and begrudgingly I get why Raw did the 3 for 2 picks.

But the selections themselves were terrible.
    Ours was better.

vCash
    Mentioned
    31 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Absolutely. I need to type that up still.

vCash
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I didn't mind the draft....I'd rather wait and see what happens rather than judge it already.

I think it's funny how people are already saying it is a terrible idea and that the WWE failed. They haven't done anything yet.

vCash
    Mentioned
    31 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I thought the allocation of talent was terrible, and there were some moves I really despised (why break up The Club so soon? Why keep Sami and Owens together?).

vCash
    Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Hip, young SmackDown! that's going to give chances to the upcoming talented youngsters draft John Cena and Randy Orton before... well, upcoming talented youngsters. Splitting divisions in half instead of each brand focusing on their own unique division. Generally nonsensical picks. There goes my dream of a new Heyman Era-esque SmackDown!.

(Speaking of 'SmackDown!', they should really change that name.)

I <3 JESUS

vCash
    Mentioned
    34 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I loved everything about the draft other than the picks themselves. What a great time to distinguish two different identities... and yet, they just gave us two of the same. I understand everything that they did, I just disagree. WWE played it very safe. They tried to divide their drawing power because they're still going to have to sell out house shows with these small rosters. I think they could have made huge new stars by taking a risk. Like I said, I understand everything they did. I just disagree that it was the only way to accomplish what they were after.
    Follower of Christ.

vCash
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I thought the allocation of talent was terrible, and there were some moves I really despised (why break up The Club so soon? Why keep Sami and Owens together?).
    I agree that there were some things I was surprised at. Both of the questions you just asked I was also wondering myself. I didn't expect The Club to break up, and I wish they hadn't. I also didn't expect Zayn and Owens to be on the same shows either. Just the same that I didn't expect Orton and Cena to be on the same show. While I agree with you on these "questions", and there were also other things about the draft that I questioned, I still think it's fair to give it a chance and to see what they do with it. I don't think it's a "failure" yet. We'll just have to wait and see what each show offers. Could it be a failure? Absolutely, but we have to wait and see.

Quote Originally Posted by Holzhammer View Post
    Hip, young SmackDown! that's going to give chances to the upcoming talented youngsters draft John Cena and Randy Orton before... well, upcoming talented youngsters. Splitting divisions in half instead of each brand focusing on their own unique division. Generally nonsensical picks. There goes my dream of a new Heyman Era-esque SmackDown!.

(Speaking of 'SmackDown!', they should really change that name.)
    From a marketing point, it makes sense that they would draft Orton and Cena over some of the younger talents. I don't think this means that they aren't going to push the younger guys. Some of the younger guys are not as well known as someone like Cena or Orton. I was surprised that Cena and Orton got drafted to the same show, however, but I don't think it means that the younger guys will not succeed. Obviously, if they start booking main events with Cena and Orton constantly involved, then I would say that they are holding certain talents back. We'll have to wait and see.

When they first announced the draft, my initial thought was that they did not have a big enough roster like they did in 2002 to make it work, and part of me still thinks that. However, (and I know this is only my opinion), I've enjoyed the product lately and I think it's fair to give them a chance to make this work. Let's see what they can do. Hopefully we will see some new stars made through all of this. That's what I look forward to seeing.

vCash
    Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

If you look at the popularity of NXT, then I don't think it's necessarily true that from a marketing perspective they needed to have Orton and Cena drafted so SmackDown! so early. They could easily keep Raw as the obvious WWE flagship with the big names, and rework SmackDown! into something that stands out. It shouldn't be about two shows being equal to one another; it should be about unique identities. Shorter show (like I said before, one hour would much better) with 'lesser known' names, but who could put on great matches or are otherwise interesting because of their gimmicks. Keep the big stars on Raw and take a chance on SmackDown!. It's been struggling as it is, so you can't lose anything.

I <3 JESUS

vCash
    Mentioned
    34 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I could be wrong, but NXT mostly has drawing appeal with serious wrestling fans, right? As far as a mainstream appeal, they don't really have it, right? Like I said, I could be wrong about that. But that in itself brings up an interesting point, if it works for the serious wrestling fans, put them on the main show and it will likely work for the mainstream fan as well (I mean, look at Punk, Bryan, Owens, Zayn). From a business standpoint, it could be sold. It just takes some work. But you can't do it lazily.
    Follower of Christ.

I <3 JESUS

vCash
    Mentioned
    34 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I've been thinking a lot about what I would have done different. I said before that I think the WWE played it safe in the draft. Because it's not my money, I would go all in and shake things up.

I would have went all in on a John Cena heel turn. Not at the Draft but at his return about two months ago. AJ Styles was having some issues with the Club at the time. He was denying any "involvement" with the heel duo who were assisting him with wins and post-match assaults. AJ remained clear that he had nothing to do with these attacks going into that fight with Roman Reigns at Extreme Rules. Styles has the loss after multiple interferences from the Usos and the Club and Reigns retains the WWE Heavyweight Championship. Cena returns in two weeks and on that night Styles turned on Cena and unified with the Club as their leader. That is the part that I'd change. I'd continue the storyline with Styles with the Club helping him get wins and attacking his foes. The entire time I'd have Styles being unappreciative of their efforts and denying it. But the end game would be that it was true. Styles didn't want their help and was trying to make it in the WWE on his own. I'd put him up against Reigns one more time at Money in the Bank and keep Cena away from it all. Cena's first major storlyine would be "does the veteran still got it" and put him in the Money in the Bank ladder match against the young stars (Zayn, Ambrose, Cesaro, Owens, Wyatt, Ziggler, Ryder, take your pick). I'm not sure how old those guys are, but in WWE terms, Cena is a veteran and those guys are the rookie / young guns of the organization. Cena overcomes the odds in the Ladder Match, but (as you go back and watch) he didn't participate in the match much. He stayed away from any danger. At the time you don't see it because CENA! and this being his return match. In the main event, Styles and Reigns go to a good distance and take everything out of each other. Earlier in the night the Club decimated the Usos (which Reigns had said he didn't "need" but over time we saw otherwise.) I haven't decided the best course of action, but Reigns losing the title to AJ doesn't make much sense in the grand scheme. I'd send the Club out and AJ be more than offended by their choice to help him. He resists and doesn't take advantage of their help but Reigns doesn't care and attacks all three for the win. The Club, after the match, attacks Reigns to a BRUTAL beatdown. AJ comes to and tries to call them off saying it's done already. The Club tells him something like "we aren't doing this for you." And that someone else "appreciates the work they do" and they work for someone else now. The fans are likely expecting a Balor debut at this point, and go WILD when the lights go out. They come up and Cena is standing in the ring holding the MITB briefcase. He cracks AJ's skull with it. And the Club assists Cena in BREAKING Reigns. Cena cashes in. Wins the title. His reign is that of legend. As a face he held the title for 380 days (in one reign) fighting against ALL comers. Cena as a heel, will hold it 434 days and only defend it when the WWE forces him into it. He has a similar deal that Brock Lesnar had in defense, meaning he only defends the title 6-8 times a year, but since he is an active wrestler, he is always on programming. He would be used in Raw and Smackdown! both despite the draft and brand split. He defends on both sides, wrestles competitors on both sides. He generally has more non-title matches than actual defenses. I'd have him hold the title until Summer Slam the next year to build up a legit competitor for the title (AJ Styles, Kevin Owens, etc...) AJ could side with the Shield to combat him in big tag matches at Survivor Series, etc... I know putting the title on a guy for over a year as the major title could have some ramifications but in the brand split, I'd put a major emphasis on the United States and Intercontinental Championship and look at doing some major feuds away from the title. I'd make Cena the most detestable man in WWE history. Turning on the fans. Turning on the faces he'd sided with all these years. Turning on the men that had his back when he went up against the most dangerous men in wrestling. He would wage war against the "new breed" of wrestlers that came up out of NXT. Maybe even start a streak of trying to legit hurt them so they can't compete. When the fans hate you that much, it gives you a good chance to build up the new face of the WWE. I'd definitely go with AJ Styles. But go for the long burn. Don't waste it on some Battleground fight. Have Cena run from him. Make Styles earn it. Hurt him. Injure him. Get him out of action. Have Styles return and bring Shield with him to fight off the Club. As they did in Japan, I'd expand the Club as necessary to stay ahead of the competition. Pick and choose. That's just the first thing I would have done different. To compare, WWE sent Dean Ambrose into the draft as champion feuding with Seth Rollins and Roman Reigns. I would have still went with the Shield story but away from the title and held the payoff match for Summer Slam. Some time after.. I'd reunite them to help AJ fight the Club. Though, I'd think of a different name than the Club.

Sorry about the wall of text. My mind wouldn't shut off.
    Follower of Christ.

vCash
    Mentioned
    5 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

That looks and sounds really awesome Jeff... I went and had a look at the draft results, everyone who has said it is right! WWE just played it safe, they had a real chance to shake things up and make each show a separate entity, give each show its own identity and they failed in that aspect. I'm like you Jeff, getting ideas after checking things out, I've never done a split on my own but if the format was right and doable then I'd give it a shot... already got a little story in my head and how I'd make it and what direction to take.

vCash
    Mentioned
    31 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Alright, so … here is PI and mine’s rosters from our in-person Draft this past Monday. One thing to call out is that we took the 3/2 ratio and made it specific to number of people, not picks, so tag teams wouldn’t totally skew the balance.

A few things to call out about our Draft vs. WWE’s:

• We drafted the same No. 1 and No. 2 as WWE
    • I had the same first three picks, in order, for Smackdown
    • PI took the New Day, but I tapped on the idea of creating my own Tag Division.
    • We also broke up The Club (PI’s a dick), but at least Sami and KO ended up on different rosters
    • PI’s pick of Balor is to help launch the Cruiserweight Title
    • I’m not a big fan of Women’s Wrestling in general, but I decided to stock-up on that Division since PI had Tag and Cruiser
    • The US and IC Titles ended up on the same show as WWE
    • I went heavy on NXT, but because I didn’t have a Tag Division, American Alpha will have to continue slumming it in Orlando
    • We each broke up one Tag Team: I took Bubba Ray for a great Bully Ray heel run. And PI took … Simon Gotch. Yup … that was a thing that happened.

Raw (PI):

• Seth Rollins
    • Brock Lesnar
    • Roman Reigns
    • Bray Wyatt
    • Finn Balor – NXT
    • Anderson/Gallows
    • The New Day – Tag Champions
    • Sami Zayn
    • Rusev – US Champion
    • Austin Aries – NXT
    • Enzo and Cass
    • Neville
    • Dolph Ziggler
    • Cesaro
    • Alberto Del Rio
    • Simon Goth (WTF PI?)
    • R-Truth
    • Zack Ryder
    • Social Outcasts
    • D-Von
    • Fabreeze
    • Eric Rowan
    • Kalisto

Smackdown Live! (KJ):

• Dean Ambrose – WWE Champion
    • AJ Styles
    • John Cena
    • Samoa Joe – NXT Champion
    • Kevin Owens
    • The Miz – IC Champion
    • Randy Orton
    • Shinsuke Nakamura – NXT
    • Charlotte – Women’s Champion
    • Bayley – NXT
    • Bubba/Bully Ray
    • Sasha Banks
    • Baron Corbin
    • Chris Jericho
    • Jack Swagger
    • Sheamus
    • Paige
    • Becky Lynch
    • Tye Dillinger
    • Titus O’Neil

is not your buddy, guy.

vCash
    Mentioned
    141 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I've been running through ideas for a fed using the draft as a jumping off point and the rosters you and PI chose are frighteningly close to what I would have gone with.

I <3 JESUS

vCash
    Mentioned
    34 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Simon Gotch in the Cruiserweight Division would be superb.
    Follower of Christ.

Thread Information