Why not acknowledge the Punk chants?

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Why not acknowledge the Punk chants?

Obviously we all hear the fans chanting for Punk when they are bored or when someone with X-Pac heat comes on the screen... my question is... why don't Stephanie or Triple H ever egg the fans on?

"Keep dreaming you'll never seem him again! mwahahahaha"

That's literally all you have to do. I find it incredibly awkward and disconcerting with the overwhelming Punk chants in spots they shouldn't be just because the crowd likes fucking with the performers. Shouldn't the performers give it right back?

"I know you all love crybabies considering how much crying DB fans do, but GET OVER IT HE'S GONE!"

It seems like it would make perfect sense no?

Last night, Stephanie shot down the crowds chants for DB saying "you can keep chanting all you want he's not here"...... just do the same thing for Punk... except it's not a work. Is the WWE really so stubborn that they refuse to even acknowledge the situation? They turned Batista heel after ridiculous crowd reaction, can't they just mention Punk once? "Forget it guys he's DONE like the Sopranos!".

Re: Why not acknowledge the Punk chants?

Because it makes no sense to do that unless he's coming back. If they just ignore it, eventually the energy will die out because there are too many other things going on. But the minute the acknowledge it on-camera, they add legitimacy to it and get people thinking, "Is this a work? Is he coming back now?" From there, it will feed on itself until it becomes a monster.

Better to just try to ignore the fans in this instance, since he's not coming back.

Comment

Because it makes no sense to do that unless he's coming back. If they just ignore it, eventually the energy will die out because there are too many other things going on. But the minute the acknowledge it on-camera, they add legitimacy to it and get people thinking, "Is this a work? Is he coming back now?" From there, it will feed on itself until it becomes a monster.

Better to just try to ignore the fans in this instance, since he's not coming back.

Comment

You mean besides Paul Heyman coming out to his music in Chicago?

Comment

Comment

Originally posted by Burlap Sac View Post
            That was different. That was Chicago. That was a way to garner massive heat the same way they've done for years playing Bret's music in Montreal, and all the other times they've "trolled" the audience for heat. They had to acknowledge it that one time, deliberately, at the start of the show, with no sign of Punk, because otherwise those Chicago fans would have built their anticipation all night long and it would have resulted in a horrible atmosphere (for WWE) by the end of the show.

But they already acknowledged that he's gone in Chicago. Why would they do it again? There's no reason to do so. And as I said in my previous post, it would be damaging to acknowledge him or the chants directly at this point.

Comment

Originally posted by Burlap Sac View Post
              That was different. That was Chicago. That was a way to garner massive heat the same way they've done for years playing Bret's music in Montreal, and all the other times they've "trolled" the audience for heat. They had to acknowledge it that one time, deliberately, at the start of the show, with no sign of Punk, because otherwise those Chicago fans would have built their anticipation all night long and it would have resulted in a horrible atmosphere (for WWE) by the end of the show.

But they already acknowledged that he's gone in Chicago. Why would they do it again? There's no reason to do so. And as I said in my previous post, it would be damaging to acknowledge him or the chants directly at this point.

Comment

Idk seems more damaging to me to have fans continually chant his name every week only to be constantly ignored as if it isn't happening.

Comment

Idk seems more damaging to me to have fans continually chant his name every week only to be constantly ignored as if it isn't happening.

Comment

As far as WWE is concerned, and I am concerned quite frankly, the sooner they go away the better. He isn't coming back and the chants are just proving a distraction. Ignore them and let them die.

Comment

As far as WWE is concerned, and I am concerned quite frankly, the sooner they go away the better. He isn't coming back and the chants are just proving a distraction. Ignore them and let them die.

Comment

Originally posted by DC The Champ View Post

That's what I was saying. WWE has acknowledged it, and moved on, the universe hasn't, and perhaps, maybe they never will. Just like DB, perhaps they can change things to bring him back. We'll never know, but we do know that is only up to CM Punk.

Comment

Originally posted by DC The Champ View Post

That's what I was saying. WWE has acknowledged it, and moved on, the universe hasn't, and perhaps, maybe they never will. Just like DB, perhaps they can change things to bring him back. We'll never know, but we do know that is only up to CM Punk.

Comment

WWE is doing the right thing by ignoring the chants. To be quite honest the chants haven't been happening at the rate many thought it would. Yeah fans chant his name at times when they get bored with something, but they are in no way preventing WWE from running their shows. In other words they have failed to hijack the show.

Comment

WWE is doing the right thing by ignoring the chants. To be quite honest the chants haven't been happening at the rate many thought it would. Yeah fans chant his name at times when they get bored with something, but they are in no way preventing WWE from running their shows. In other words they have failed to hijack the show.

Comment

Working...
                              X