Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

How Do You Feel About Undertaker Just Being 'The Streak'?

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• How Do You Feel About Undertaker Just Being 'The Streak'?

I was having a conversation with Red and Champ about this and I think it's part of the reason why my interest in Taker has waned significantly. It seems to me that 'The Streak' is all that he is. It's a very lazy way to book a match. It's Lesnar vs. The Streak. Undertaker seemingly doesn't exist as his own character anymore with his own intentions and own thought process. All he is now is the streak and I think it's incredibly boring, especially because Taker is a great character with a lot of history and ability. 'The Streak' Taker, though, is incredibly boring.

Am I on the outside here or is there a general agreement over this?
    HAYZE

Re: How Do You Feel About Undertaker Just Being 'The Streak'?

This is why the streak can't end. Ever. If it did then he's... nothing.

Comment

This is why the streak can't end. Ever. If it did then he's... nothing.

Comment

No I agree with you and have also voiced my opinion on it numerous times. There is nothing to the undertaker now but the streak and it's a damn shame because he used to be so much more than that.

And his feud with brock lesnar so far has been EXACTLY what I thought it would be. Heyman coming out cutting promos on the streak and how lesnar is going to end it. It is so shallow, so predictable, and boring. I absolutely hate this streak shit.

Comment

No I agree with you and have also voiced my opinion on it numerous times. There is nothing to the undertaker now but the streak and it's a damn shame because he used to be so much more than that.

And his feud with brock lesnar so far has been EXACTLY what I thought it would be. Heyman coming out cutting promos on the streak and how lesnar is going to end it. It is so shallow, so predictable, and boring. I absolutely hate this streak shit.

Comment

Undertaker could be more. I hate to say this, but ... Triple H and Undertaker told a good story with the "it's time to hang it up" business, and then with Taker chasing Hunter the following year. It really made for a different dynamic.

The problem isn't that "the streak is all Taker has left." If used creatively, that's actually a very compelling trait with a lot of storyline potential to play off of. Randy Orton made the streak important. Shawn Michaels made breaking the streak something so personally significant that he put his career on the line. Those were great stories centered around the streak. It's doable. But not if you're just focusing on "I'm going to break the streak, hur hur hur."

The problem is using that as a crutch to support a storyline that could be so much more. It's WWE's lazy writing that is (as always) the problem.

Comment

Undertaker could be more. I hate to say this, but ... Triple H and Undertaker told a good story with the "it's time to hang it up" business, and then with Taker chasing Hunter the following year. It really made for a different dynamic.

The problem isn't that "the streak is all Taker has left." If used creatively, that's actually a very compelling trait with a lot of storyline potential to play off of. Randy Orton made the streak important. Shawn Michaels made breaking the streak something so personally significant that he put his career on the line. Those were great stories centered around the streak. It's doable. But not if you're just focusing on "I'm going to break the streak, hur hur hur."

The problem is using that as a crutch to support a storyline that could be so much more. It's WWE's lazy writing that is (as always) the problem.

Comment

I love it. I'm a realist and know Taker is near the end, cant wrestle all year long so like I said many years ago...I'd be totally fine with him as a once a year attraction, sort of like how Andre was.

Comment

I love it. I'm a realist and know Taker is near the end, cant wrestle all year long so like I said many years ago...I'd be totally fine with him as a once a year attraction, sort of like how Andre was.

Comment

Originally posted by TheKliq View Post

my thoughts as well,I was fine for a year or two with "The Streak" angle and with Taker coming back just to defend it,but now nearly four year of him being a "Wrestlemania Only" wrestler that defends the streak has gotten extremely boring.All of his feuds are now the same,whomever he's facing cuts a promo,then he cuts a promo,theirs a brawl and then theirs a super predictable match(that are always good in terms of the in ring quality) and Taker wins and disappears again for another nine to ten months and just repeats the same angle over again.

I am a huge Undertaker fan but if he's really only going to wrestle once a year and due the same angle over and over again with the same outcome I would rather he just retires.I really hope that a next years Wrestlemania he either faces Cena,Sting in a "Dream Match" with a better build then in the past years or something total fresh like a feud with Bray Wyatt were he gets into Takers head and makes him look human for once i.e goes after his true family in McCool and his kids.

Comment

Originally posted by TheKliq View Post

my thoughts as well,I was fine for a year or two with "The Streak" angle and with Taker coming back just to defend it,but now nearly four year of him being a "Wrestlemania Only" wrestler that defends the streak has gotten extremely boring.All of his feuds are now the same,whomever he's facing cuts a promo,then he cuts a promo,theirs a brawl and then theirs a super predictable match(that are always good in terms of the in ring quality) and Taker wins and disappears again for another nine to ten months and just repeats the same angle over again.

I am a huge Undertaker fan but if he's really only going to wrestle once a year and due the same angle over and over again with the same outcome I would rather he just retires.I really hope that a next years Wrestlemania he either faces Cena,Sting in a "Dream Match" with a better build then in the past years or something total fresh like a feud with Bray Wyatt were he gets into Takers head and makes him look human for once i.e goes after his true family in McCool and his kids.

Comment

Well they can easily build more story into this feud by peppering in the UFC stare down route. I know it's taboo around here for some bizarre reason, but mentioning that plus their previous encounters can help build interest in this storyline for people who aren't satisfied on the streak alone.

Comment

Well they can easily build more story into this feud by peppering in the UFC stare down route. I know it's taboo around here for some bizarre reason, but mentioning that plus their previous encounters can help build interest in this storyline for people who aren't satisfied on the streak alone.

Comment

I hate it, I hate how for years people on the internet made it feel like The Streak is Undertaker's whole legacy, without any of his other accomplishments or stories existing alongside it.

I hate how WWE embraced this idea and fully implemented since the HHH saga, just another reason for me not to enjoy those two years of crap.

It's probably the biggest reason behind my desire for the damn thing to be broken already.
                            That's all, folks.

Comment

I hate it, I hate how for years people on the internet made it feel like The Streak is Undertaker's whole legacy, without any of his other accomplishments or stories existing alongside it.

I hate how WWE embraced this idea and fully implemented since the HHH saga, just another reason for me not to enjoy those two years of crap.

It's probably the biggest reason behind my desire for the damn thing to be broken already.
                              That's all, folks.

Comment

Working...
                              X