Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Raw and Smackdown May Be Leaving USA and SYFY

Raw and Smackdown may lose their homes on USA and Syfy

Basically, the WWE and NBCU didn't come to terms on a new licensing deal during negotiations. WWE now has the opportunity to field offers from other networks, although NBCU still has the right to match any offer made. I'm a little surprised NBC didn't pay up considering Raw is still a ratings powerhouse even today, and Smackdown on Syfy and the Divas show on E! do really well for them too. But maybe the WWE considers this a good thing. I'm sure some network will offer them what they were asking.

Re: Raw and Smackdown May Be Leaving USA and SYFY

I don't know if I give a shit really. Change is sometimes a good thing.

Comment

Comment

Originally posted by Repperton View Post
        But didn't they fail when they tried to move Saturday Night's Main Event to FOX, and RAW to TNN?

Still My Champ
        Thanks, surrender.

Comment

Originally posted by Repperton View Post
          But didn't they fail when they tried to move Saturday Night's Main Event to FOX, and RAW to TNN?

Still My Champ
          Thanks, surrender.

Comment

I wonder if NBCU has let this happen to allow the WWE to shop around and then come back for a lower price. Pro wrestling isn't as popular as its been in the past.

Comment

I wonder if NBCU has let this happen to allow the WWE to shop around and then come back for a lower price. Pro wrestling isn't as popular as its been in the past.

Comment

Just eecause WWE didn't accept NBCU's offer doesn't mean that they're moving. WWE wasn't expected to accept no matter what was offered because they wanted to see what other offers they'll be given. They'll still probably end up staying on USA AND SyFy.

And this wasn't NBCU's decision it was WWE's. Plus WWE are gonna get at least twice what they get now, not less. Wrestling's still popular. And sports TV is getting a premium right now.

Comment

Just eecause WWE didn't accept NBCU's offer doesn't mean that they're moving. WWE wasn't expected to accept no matter what was offered because they wanted to see what other offers they'll be given. They'll still probably end up staying on USA AND SyFy.

And this wasn't NBCU's decision it was WWE's. Plus WWE are gonna get at least twice what they get now, not less. Wrestling's still popular. And sports TV is getting a premium right now.

Comment

Maybe those two shows will be moved exclusively to the WWE Network.

Still My Champ
                    Thanks, surrender.

Comment

Still My Champ
                      Thanks, surrender.

Comment

Originally posted by CM Punk'd View Post
                        How would WWE grow its fan base then? Raw and SmackDown need to be on TV.

Comment

Originally posted by CM Punk'd View Post
                          How would WWE grow its fan base then? Raw and SmackDown need to be on TV.

Comment

I will never forgive USA for airing the dog contests during the Attitude Era of RAW.

I used to be devastated about that.

Comment

I will never forgive USA for airing the dog contests during the Attitude Era of RAW.

I used to be devastated about that.

Comment

Working...
                              X