Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

RUMOR: Brock Lesnar meeting with Dana White at UFC 168?

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• RUMOR: Brock Lesnar meeting with Dana White at UFC 168?

RUMOR, RUMOR, RUMOR, RUMOR, RUMOR from PWInsider.

One of the main rumors floating around the MMA world this week is that Brock Lesnar would be in attendance at this weekend's UFC 168 PPV, looking to speak with UFC head Dana White about returning to fight for the flagship MMA promotion.

During a pre-fight press conference yesterday, White was asked if Lesnar would be meeting with him this weekend. White coyly responded, "I don't know. I honestly don't know. Honestly, I don't know."

After leaving WWE the first time, Lesnar talked his way into a UFC contract and quickly became the UFC Heavyweight champion. Health issues caused by diverticulitis curtailed his UFC career with Lesnar announcing his retirement two years ago and eventually returning to WWE.

However, since returning to WWE, Lesnar has discussed returning to fighting for UFC with White, so it's not outside the realm of possibility that his deal with WWE (which is obviously structured uniquely for Lesnar to keep him happy) allows him to pursue MMA should he choose to do so.
    Dana's doing the promoter thing, as expected, but this is a thing that warrants discussion, imo.

Brock taking off from WWE again for UFC, possibly?
    Originally posted by mx518
    he's one of the biggest smarks on this board and epitomizes everything that a smark actually is.
    Originally posted by mx518
    No, it's just called being realistic; I never thought I'd see DJM join the dark side.
    NOBODY PUTS BABY IN A CORNER!

Re: RUMOR: Brock Lesnar meeting with Dana White at UFC 168?

There's nothing wrong with that. The guy is a walking money-magnet, and people like that do as they please. I just hope he isn't done with WWE for good.

Comment

There's nothing wrong with that. The guy is a walking money-magnet, and people like that do as they please. I just hope he isn't done with WWE for good.

Comment

I'm sure WWE wouldn't mind if Brock went to UFC while still under a WWE contract, but I'm not sure Dana White will go for that.

Comment

I'm sure WWE wouldn't mind if Brock went to UFC while still under a WWE contract, but I'm not sure Dana White will go for that.

Comment

Well He's contracted with WWE threw WM31 so if he were to go back it wouldn't be till after that time because i'm sure both WWE and UFC wouldn't want him getting hurt before big events. Also I realize Brock was decent(he did win the title after all) but I don't see him really being able to compete in UFC again his gut issue pretty much eliminated him and are just a huge target for people(see his fight with Overeem). I think he should just stick to wrestling from now on. Guys like Cain and Junior will crush him now unfortunately

Comment

Well He's contracted with WWE threw WM31 so if he were to go back it wouldn't be till after that time because i'm sure both WWE and UFC wouldn't want him getting hurt before big events. Also I realize Brock was decent(he did win the title after all) but I don't see him really being able to compete in UFC again his gut issue pretty much eliminated him and are just a huge target for people(see his fight with Overeem). I think he should just stick to wrestling from now on. Guys like Cain and Junior will crush him now unfortunately

Comment

Originally posted by Todd View Post
                Pretty much this.

I love having Brock back in the WWE picture , even if its only periodically. So whatever the case may end up being , I hope the door doesn't ever close again on his involvement with the WWE.

Comment

Originally posted by Todd View Post
                  Pretty much this.

I love having Brock back in the WWE picture , even if its only periodically. So whatever the case may end up being , I hope the door doesn't ever close again on his involvement with the WWE.

Comment

Money is about the only reason Dana would go for this. Brock really can't beat any of the top guys at this point and it's been proven. still would make mad money for the UFC no matter what.
                    Now you're on the field callin' me an asshole, 'Cause I roped up your body like a lasso

And I could be just like Mr. HK, runnin' cause a melee
                    Bring my team a W, I'm poppin' shots like Pele

Comment

Money is about the only reason Dana would go for this. Brock really can't beat any of the top guys at this point and it's been proven. still would make mad money for the UFC no matter what.
                      Now you're on the field callin' me an asshole, 'Cause I roped up your body like a lasso

And I could be just like Mr. HK, runnin' cause a melee
                      Bring my team a W, I'm poppin' shots like Pele

Comment

If Josh Barnett beats Travis Browne tomorrow night, that would be the perfect, ideal matchup for Brock, both in the cage and on the microphone. Dana would bring Brock back in a heartbeat if Brock want's to fight again.

The smart way to book him(from the UFC perspective) would be to either put him up against Barnett(if Barnett wins) in a #1 contender fight, or just hotshot him into a rematch against Cain Velasquez for a cash in(if Barnett loses tomorrow night). I think Brock loses either way. If Barnett wins tomorrow night they should sprinboard him off of Brock into a title shot.

Comment

If Josh Barnett beats Travis Browne tomorrow night, that would be the perfect, ideal matchup for Brock, both in the cage and on the microphone. Dana would bring Brock back in a heartbeat if Brock want's to fight again.

The smart way to book him(from the UFC perspective) would be to either put him up against Barnett(if Barnett wins) in a #1 contender fight, or just hotshot him into a rematch against Cain Velasquez for a cash in(if Barnett loses tomorrow night). I think Brock loses either way. If Barnett wins tomorrow night they should sprinboard him off of Brock into a title shot.

Comment

I call BS. Brock Lesnar cannot fight in the Octagon ever again.

Comment

I call BS. Brock Lesnar cannot fight in the Octagon ever again.

Comment

Working...
                              X