Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Langston and Ambrose discuss whether unifying the IC and US titles is a good idea

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Langston and Ambrose discuss whether unifying the IC and US titles is a good idea

I've alluded to this idea before in a previous post. So I'm 100% in favor of this happening in the foreseeable future. It's about time...

Langston and Ambrose should make it come to fruition at next year's WrestleMania PPV.

We know, we know. You’ve barely gotten used to calling Randy Orton the WWE World Heavyweight Champion, and already WWE.com is stirring the pot with more merger talk. But we can’t help but wonder: Should the United States and Intercontinental Titles be unified?

With WWE’s recent streamlining of the title picture — in addition to the new WWE World Heavyweight Title, both the Divas Title and the WWE Tag Team Championships became the sole representatives of their divisions in 2010 — the Intercontinental and United States Championships remain the only mirror titles in WWE.

Is it time for one championship to rule them all? We weighed the pros and cons, and spoke with both Intercontinental Champion Big E Langston and United States Champion Dean Ambrose to get their opinions.
    http://www.wwe.com/inside/should-wwe...itles-26170268
    sigpic

"It's the sad thing about entertainment, it's not always about who is the best."
    - Jake "The Snake" Roberts

Re: Langston and Ambrose discuss whether unifying the IC and US titles is a good idea

I'd rather they keep them as separate entities, use the IC as a "Huge Push" title and use the US as a "Dead Rubber Jobber" title.

Comment

Re: Langston and Ambrose discuss whether unifying the IC and US titles is a good idea

I'd rather they keep them as separate entities, use the IC as a "Huge Push" title and use the US as a "Dead Rubber Jobber" title.

Comment

I'm all for it, for the same reasons as the two world titles needed it. We don't need two, especially when they're both barely defended as it is,

Comment

I'm all for it, for the same reasons as the two world titles needed it. We don't need two, especially when they're both barely defended as it is,

Comment

Dean Ambrose is a what champion?
            Candice Larae, Bea Priestley, Nixon Newell, and Tessa Blanchard tribute
            Finn Balor is the future of the WWE
            Siera, Hotel, India, Echo, Lima, Delta - Forever
            Cena fan for LIFE
            Did you know, without lifts, Ambrose is taller than Reigns by an inch?

banner by, Dj LatinoHeat

Comment

Dean Ambrose is a what champion?
              Candice Larae, Bea Priestley, Nixon Newell, and Tessa Blanchard tribute
              Finn Balor is the future of the WWE
              Siera, Hotel, India, Echo, Lima, Delta - Forever
              Cena fan for LIFE
              Did you know, without lifts, Ambrose is taller than Reigns by an inch?

banner by, Dj LatinoHeat

Comment

Personally, my preference was always for the Intercontinental title to absorb the Untied States title so that only the former exist. I concur with Langston, or he concurs with me.

WWE.COM: So you think a new title should be created to replace the two championships?

AMBROSE: Instead of me lugging around both titles, yeah.

LANGSTON: I wouldn’t say so. I think the Intercontinental Title has so much prestige that I would hate for it to go away. If anything, I think it could absorb the U.S. Title
                sigpic

"It's the sad thing about entertainment, it's not always about who is the best."

Comment

Personally, my preference was always for the Intercontinental title to absorb the Untied States title so that only the former exist. I concur with Langston, or he concurs with me.

WWE.COM: So you think a new title should be created to replace the two championships?

AMBROSE: Instead of me lugging around both titles, yeah.

LANGSTON: I wouldn’t say so. I think the Intercontinental Title has so much prestige that I would hate for it to go away. If anything, I think it could absorb the U.S. Title
                  sigpic

Comment

Just unify all the fu**ing titles already so they can have the WWE World Intercontinental Heavyweight Divas Tag Team Champion.

Comment

Just unify all the fu**ing titles already so they can have the WWE World Intercontinental Heavyweight Divas Tag Team Champion.

Comment

Originally posted by Slushy View Post
                        I think this is what people want.

But then a month later, some of the people who want one title for each division/card placement will be the same people who want the return of the Hardcore, European, and Light-Heavyweight Championships.

Comment

Originally posted by Slushy View Post
                          I think this is what people want.

But then a month later, some of the people who want one title for each division/card placement will be the same people who want the return of the Hardcore, European, and Light-Heavyweight Championships.

Comment

If they do this then let this happen at WM 30. Build the match up with video promos of past IC and US champions with comments from those champions about what the title means to them.

Comment

If they do this then let this happen at WM 30. Build the match up with video promos of past IC and US champions with comments from those champions about what the title means to them.

Comment

Working...
                              X