2013 Year End Awards

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• 2013 Year End Awards

Now that the godawful Slammys are over with and the year is coming to a close in the next few weeks I thought that once again this year a proper year end thread was in order.So here's the category's and my picks,use the same category's and make your own picks.

Wrestler of the Year:CM Punk

Diva of the Year:AJ Lee

Match of the Year:Brock Lesnar .Vs CM Punk-SummerSlam '13

Feud of the Year:CM Punk .Vs Paul Heyman

Moment of the Year:Mark Henry's "Retirement"

PPV of the Year:Wrestlemania 29

Rookie of the Year:The Shield

Tag Team of the Year:The Shield

Comeback of the Year:Chris Jericho

Announcer of the Year:JBL

Most Improved Wrestle of the Year:Roman Reigns

Who to Watch for in 2014:Roman Reigns

Line of the Year:"I'll Be Your HuckleberrY" Dusty Rhodes
    Last edited by JohnnyPresley21; 12-10-2013, 03:42 PM.

Re: 2013 Year End Awards

Wrestler of the Year: Randy Orton (I fucking said it)

Diva of the Year: oh wow who could it be

Match of the Year: Goldust & Cody Rhodes vs. The Shield - Battleground/John Cena vs. Daniel Bryan - Summerslam

Moment of the Year: Daniel Bryan and John Cena's slap-fight during their Summerslam bout

PPV of the Year: Summerslam

Rookie of the Year: Dean Ambrose

(Actual) Rookie of the Year: Bayley

Tag Team of the Year: Harper and Rowan

Comeback of the Year: Goldust

Announcer of the Year: Literally nobody. They all suck. The black guy who does announcing for NXT, he annoys me the least.

Most Improved: Goldust

Who to Watch: Bray Wyatt/Wyatt Family

Line of the Year: "You, John Cena, are a parody of wrestling." (or something like that) -Daniel Bryan

Also, I feel like "Feud of the Year" should be one. In which case I would say Daniel Bryan vs. John Cena.
    Last edited by Vance Landow; 12-10-2013, 03:32 AM.

Comment

Wrestler of the Year: Randy Orton (I fucking said it)

Diva of the Year: oh wow who could it be

Match of the Year: Goldust & Cody Rhodes vs. The Shield - Battleground/John Cena vs. Daniel Bryan - Summerslam

Moment of the Year: Daniel Bryan and John Cena's slap-fight during their Summerslam bout

PPV of the Year: Summerslam

Rookie of the Year: Dean Ambrose

(Actual) Rookie of the Year: Bayley

Tag Team of the Year: Harper and Rowan

Comeback of the Year: Goldust

Announcer of the Year: Literally nobody. They all suck. The black guy who does announcing for NXT, he annoys me the least.

Most Improved: Goldust

Who to Watch: Bray Wyatt/Wyatt Family

Line of the Year: "You, John Cena, are a parody of wrestling." (or something like that) -Daniel Bryan

Also, I feel like "Feud of the Year" should be one. In which case I would say Daniel Bryan vs. John Cena.

Comment

Wrestler of the Year: Daniel Bryan.

Diva of the Year: AJ Lee.

Match of the Year: CM Punk versus Brock Lesnar - Summerslam 2013

Moment of the Year: Daniel Bryan winning clean over John Cena.

PPV of the Year: I honestly have no idea.

Rookie of the Year: The Shield

Tag Team of the Year: The Shield

Comeback of the Year: Rob Van Dam.

Announcer of the Year: They all suck.

Most Improved Wrestle of the Year: Cody Rhodes.

Who to Watch for in 2014: Kalisto.

Comment

Wrestler of the Year: Daniel Bryan.

Diva of the Year: AJ Lee.

Match of the Year: CM Punk versus Brock Lesnar - Summerslam 2013

Moment of the Year: Daniel Bryan winning clean over John Cena.

PPV of the Year: I honestly have no idea.

Comeback of the Year: Rob Van Dam.

Announcer of the Year: They all suck.

Most Improved Wrestle of the Year: Cody Rhodes.

Who to Watch for in 2014: Kalisto.

Comment

Are these WWE only?

Comment

Are these WWE only?

Comment

Wrestler of the Year: CM Punk

I consider 'wrestling' to be more than just in-ring work and I think Punk has both Bryan, every member of The Shield, Jericho, Cesaro beat in that regard. Not his best year, Punk still had some classic matches with Taker, Brock and I actively enjoyed the Rumble match against The Rock.

Diva of the Year: AJ Lee

AJ is without doubt the most interesting diva since Lita retired in 06 and is making the most of her opportunities to earn back the respect the division is sorely lacking. Most would say this choice is a no-brainer but I don't think that's giving AJ any credit given how well Paige is performing in NXT.

Match of the Year:
                Daniel Bryan vs. John Cena - SummerSlam 2013

I enjoyed Brock/Punk more at the time, but Bryan/Cena definitely holds up better and should have been the star making performance.

Moment of the Year: Randy Orton cash in.

Others will point to moments like the Henry retirement speech, the Y2J surprise entrance at the Rumble, Post-Mania Raw etc. but I wanted to go with the moment that had the most impact on the direction of the company, so I went with this.

PPV of the Year: SummerSlam

One of the best SummerSlams in history and an easy choice for this category. Shout out to Payback which I thought really over-delivered as a B show.

I'm counting them, yes, technically they made their in-ring debut at TLC but there has to be some rule on the amount of matches you're allowed to wrestle prior. The Shield have been one of the best groups in wrestling and deserve all the accolades that come their way.

Cheating a little bit, but watching The Shield reminds me of what it must have been like to have been a fan of WCCW when the Freebirds and Von Erichs were going at it.

Comeback of the Year: Bray Wyatt

Does Husky Harris count because brother that gimmick is night and day from the one he had before. One of the best talkers the WWE have had in years (I'm going all the way to the Attitude era) and still one of the few reasons I tune in anymore.

If not, Jericho tore it up or at least tried to do something different each and every night.

Announcer of the Year:
                John Bradshaw Layfield.

Well, I for one am glad he's back at the booth and really enjoy his chemistry with Cole.

Most Improved: The Usos

Were on the road to no where for the past few years to now being one of the more over teams in wrestling. Need more mic. time to gain more of a following but their presence has definitely added to the product.

Who To Watch in 2014: Sami Zayn

Every bit as good as Bryan.

Comment

Wrestler of the Year: CM Punk

I consider 'wrestling' to be more than just in-ring work and I think Punk has both Bryan, every member of The Shield, Jericho, Cesaro beat in that regard. Not his best year, Punk still had some classic matches with Taker, Brock and I actively enjoyed the Rumble match against The Rock.

Diva of the Year: AJ Lee

AJ is without doubt the most interesting diva since Lita retired in 06 and is making the most of her opportunities to earn back the respect the division is sorely lacking. Most would say this choice is a no-brainer but I don't think that's giving AJ any credit given how well Paige is performing in NXT.

Match of the Year:
                  Daniel Bryan vs. John Cena - SummerSlam 2013

I enjoyed Brock/Punk more at the time, but Bryan/Cena definitely holds up better and should have been the star making performance.

Moment of the Year: Randy Orton cash in.

Others will point to moments like the Henry retirement speech, the Y2J surprise entrance at the Rumble, Post-Mania Raw etc. but I wanted to go with the moment that had the most impact on the direction of the company, so I went with this.

PPV of the Year: SummerSlam

One of the best SummerSlams in history and an easy choice for this category. Shout out to Payback which I thought really over-delivered as a B show.

I'm counting them, yes, technically they made their in-ring debut at TLC but there has to be some rule on the amount of matches you're allowed to wrestle prior. The Shield have been one of the best groups in wrestling and deserve all the accolades that come their way.

Cheating a little bit, but watching The Shield reminds me of what it must have been like to have been a fan of WCCW when the Freebirds and Von Erichs were going at it.

Comeback of the Year: Bray Wyatt

Does Husky Harris count because brother that gimmick is night and day from the one he had before. One of the best talkers the WWE have had in years (I'm going all the way to the Attitude era) and still one of the few reasons I tune in anymore.

If not, Jericho tore it up or at least tried to do something different each and every night.

Announcer of the Year:
                  John Bradshaw Layfield.

Well, I for one am glad he's back at the booth and really enjoy his chemistry with Cole.

Most Improved: The Usos

Were on the road to no where for the past few years to now being one of the more over teams in wrestling. Need more mic. time to gain more of a following but their presence has definitely added to the product.

Who To Watch in 2014: Sami Zayn

Every bit as good as Bryan.

Comment

Originally posted by The Buck 3 Stud View Post
                    Are these WWE only?
                    Being that it is in the WWE section of the forum I would assume so

I am not threatened by any man whose name is three letters.

- Damien Sandow
                    in response to RVD's return

Comment

Originally posted by The Buck 3 Stud View Post
                      Are these WWE only?
                      Being that it is in the WWE section of the forum I would assume so

I am not threatened by any man whose name is three letters.

- Damien Sandow
                      in response to RVD's return

Comment

Wrestler of the Year - CM Punk
                        Just the BEST IN THE COMPANY.

Diva of the Year - Brie Bella
                        Yeah, I said a Bella, so what? She is in my eyes the Diva of the year, sure... AJ became Champion this year but I grew bored of her, Brie Bella all the way.

Match of the Year - Lesnar/HHH Mania 29
                        Great match.

Moment of the Year - Rock becoming Champ
                        'Nuff said.

PPV of the Year - Royal Rumble
                        Rock's title win.... that is all.

Rookie of the Year - Big E Langston
                        From Royal Rumble promo dud.... to IC Champion, that's good for a rookie.

Tag Team of the Year - The Real Americans
                        WE THE PEOPLE!!!! (enough said)

Comeback of the Year - The Rock
                        Came back and won the WWE Title in his return match, can anybody else who returned this year say that? (I said WWE.. not WHC, so before we get some smart alec remarks about Cena, just no).

Announcer of the Year - JBL
                        I guess its him.

Most Improved Wrestle of the Year - Roman Reigns
                        I guess we only saw him in one match in 2012...... so, y'know......... I guess that's how he has improved.

Who to Watch for in 2014 - Sami Zayn
                        Some kid from NXT, people keep banging on about him... so watch this space.

Line of the Year - "Your arms are too short to box with god" CM Punk to The Rock

Comment

Wrestler of the Year - CM Punk
                          Just the BEST IN THE COMPANY.

Diva of the Year - Brie Bella
                          Yeah, I said a Bella, so what? She is in my eyes the Diva of the year, sure... AJ became Champion this year but I grew bored of her, Brie Bella all the way.

Match of the Year - Lesnar/HHH Mania 29
                          Great match.

Moment of the Year - Rock becoming Champ
                          'Nuff said.

PPV of the Year - Royal Rumble
                          Rock's title win.... that is all.

Rookie of the Year - Big E Langston
                          From Royal Rumble promo dud.... to IC Champion, that's good for a rookie.

Tag Team of the Year - The Real Americans
                          WE THE PEOPLE!!!! (enough said)

Comeback of the Year - The Rock
                          Came back and won the WWE Title in his return match, can anybody else who returned this year say that? (I said WWE.. not WHC, so before we get some smart alec remarks about Cena, just no).

Announcer of the Year - JBL
                          I guess its him.

Most Improved Wrestle of the Year - Roman Reigns
                          I guess we only saw him in one match in 2012...... so, y'know......... I guess that's how he has improved.

Who to Watch for in 2014 - Sami Zayn
                          Some kid from NXT, people keep banging on about him... so watch this space.

Line of the Year - "Your arms are too short to box with god" CM Punk to The Rock

Comment

Wrestler of the Year : John Cena
                            Cena won the Royal Rumble, beat CM Punk in one of the biggest matches of the year on Raw, beat The Rock in the biggest match of the year at WM 29, defeated Ryback then defeated and Henry, Cena only lost the belt to Daniel Bryan at SummerSlam becuz he was hurt, then Cena comes back two months ahead of schedule from his injury and wins the World Heavyweight Title.
                            Yeah. John Cena = Wrestler of the Year

Diva of the Year : AJ Lee
                            It’s a no brainer.

Match of the Year : Brock Lesnar .Vs CM Punk-SummerSlam '13
                            Great match. Two big stars giving it their all.
                            Glad to see Brock go over, so he is not viewed as the part-time main event jobber.

Moment of the Year : Shawn Michaels kicking Daniel Bryan in the face
                            And the next night on Raw, the A+ player (HBK) demands that the B+ player (Daniel Bryan) shakes his hand. Then Daniel Bryan goes on to make the biggest mistake of his life!

PPV of the Year: Wrestlemania 29
                            I don’t have too much to go by here. I watched WM29, Royal Rumble, and the last match at SummerSlam.
                            So between my two choices of Rumble and WM29, I’ll go with WM29. Both PPVs sucked, but WM29 sucked less. WM29 was one of the most predictable WMs ever.

Rookie of the Year : Eva Marie
                            Are The Shield rookies?

Tag Team of the Year : The Rhodes Brothers
                            I’ve always been a fan of Dustin Rhodes going back to his wCw days.
                            P.S. – For the record, Bad Influence is the overall Tag Team of the Year, The Bro Mans are 1st runners-up, and the Rhodes Brothers are my top WWE choice.

Comeback of the Year : John Cena
                            The healing powers of Super Cena strike again!
                            The Champ comes back two months ahead of schedule from his tricep injury and wins the World Heavyweight Title!
                            And this Sunday on PPV, we put an exclamation point on ‘The Year of Cena’ as he unifies the two biggest titles in wrestling.
                            The Undisputed Champ is here!

Announcer of the Year : JBL
                            JBL says what he wants. He isn’t a puppet for the powers-that-be who are screaming in the headset.

Most Improved Wrestler of the Year : Brie Bella
                            She did her own thing, and it took much improvement to do so.

Who to Watch for in 2014 : John Cena
                            Gonna dunk Hulk Hogan on his head at Wrestlemania 30!

Line of the Year:
                            "The formal term for it is a cohabitation agreement" - John Cena to Nikki Bella

Comment

Wrestler of the Year : John Cena
                              Cena won the Royal Rumble, beat CM Punk in one of the biggest matches of the year on Raw, beat The Rock in the biggest match of the year at WM 29, defeated Ryback then defeated and Henry, Cena only lost the belt to Daniel Bryan at SummerSlam becuz he was hurt, then Cena comes back two months ahead of schedule from his injury and wins the World Heavyweight Title.
                              Yeah. John Cena = Wrestler of the Year

Diva of the Year : AJ Lee
                              It’s a no brainer.

Match of the Year : Brock Lesnar .Vs CM Punk-SummerSlam '13
                              Great match. Two big stars giving it their all.
                              Glad to see Brock go over, so he is not viewed as the part-time main event jobber.

Moment of the Year : Shawn Michaels kicking Daniel Bryan in the face
                              And the next night on Raw, the A+ player (HBK) demands that the B+ player (Daniel Bryan) shakes his hand. Then Daniel Bryan goes on to make the biggest mistake of his life!

PPV of the Year: Wrestlemania 29
                              I don’t have too much to go by here. I watched WM29, Royal Rumble, and the last match at SummerSlam.
                              So between my two choices of Rumble and WM29, I’ll go with WM29. Both PPVs sucked, but WM29 sucked less. WM29 was one of the most predictable WMs ever.

Rookie of the Year : Eva Marie
                              Are The Shield rookies?

Tag Team of the Year : The Rhodes Brothers
                              I’ve always been a fan of Dustin Rhodes going back to his wCw days.
                              P.S. – For the record, Bad Influence is the overall Tag Team of the Year, The Bro Mans are 1st runners-up, and the Rhodes Brothers are my top WWE choice.

Comeback of the Year : John Cena
                              The healing powers of Super Cena strike again!
                              The Champ comes back two months ahead of schedule from his tricep injury and wins the World Heavyweight Title!
                              And this Sunday on PPV, we put an exclamation point on ‘The Year of Cena’ as he unifies the two biggest titles in wrestling.
                              The Undisputed Champ is here!

Announcer of the Year : JBL
                              JBL says what he wants. He isn’t a puppet for the powers-that-be who are screaming in the headset.

Most Improved Wrestler of the Year : Brie Bella
                              She did her own thing, and it took much improvement to do so.

Who to Watch for in 2014 : John Cena
                              Gonna dunk Hulk Hogan on his head at Wrestlemania 30!

Line of the Year:
                              "The formal term for it is a cohabitation agreement" - John Cena to Nikki Bella

Comment

Working...
                              X