Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• rvd has a 90 days taking time off on new contact

credit pwinsider.com

Rob Van Dam is scheduled to exit the WWE storylines some time in October, either after the Battleground pay-per-view or after the Hell In a Cell pay-per-view.
    Van Dam reportedly has 90 day blocks in his new contract where he will work for 90 days and then take some time off to rest before coming back to work another 90 days.

Re: rvd has a 90 days taking time off on new contact

I don't think it implies 90 days off, Jman. I think it says he will have time off, before working 90 days period at a time.

Comment

I don't think it implies 90 days off, Jman. I think it says he will have time off, before working 90 days period at a time.

Comment

It should almost be compulsory to work that sort of schedule, as long as it's still financially viable for the wrestlers.

It makes sure they don't get burned out from being on the road continuously, keeps everyone a little healthier, and allows for the product to be continually freshened up through natural rotation of the roster.

Three months on, one month off, repeat. Something like that.

Comment

It should almost be compulsory to work that sort of schedule, as long as it's still financially viable for the wrestlers.

It makes sure they don't get burned out from being on the road continuously, keeps everyone a little healthier, and allows for the product to be continually freshened up through natural rotation of the roster.

Three months on, one month off, repeat. Something like that.

Comment

Well that kind of takes some suspense out of his next title match, if he's leaving right afterwards.

Bender

This will remain in my sig until The Rock gets his WWE World Heavyweight Championship rematch.

Comment

Well that kind of takes some suspense out of his next title match, if he's leaving right afterwards.

Bender

This will remain in my sig until The Rock gets his WWE World Heavyweight Championship rematch.

Comment

I agree that guys should have easier schedules and whatnot but I agree with Champ. This makes storylines suck in certain instances. How about rather than running guys ragged they can still have ime off every 90 days just not Raw. So every 90 days you only work Raws for a month this way storylines dont take a hit and you get to recoup

I am not threatened by any man whose name is three letters.

- Damien Sandow
                in response to RVD's return

Comment

I agree that guys should have easier schedules and whatnot but I agree with Champ. This makes storylines suck in certain instances. How about rather than running guys ragged they can still have ime off every 90 days just not Raw. So every 90 days you only work Raws for a month this way storylines dont take a hit and you get to recoup

I am not threatened by any man whose name is three letters.

- Damien Sandow
                  in response to RVD's return

Comment

Originally posted by The Champ View Post
                    He could always win and get MITB'd.

Comment

Originally posted by The Champ View Post
                      He could always win and get MITB'd.

Comment

Hopefully he's not gone for too long. RVD's been great since returning.

-Fresh Prince-
                        Chief Ass Whooper of Sorry Sons of Bitches! - Stone Cold Steve Austin

Comment

Hopefully he's not gone for too long. RVD's been great since returning.

-Fresh Prince-
                          Chief Ass Whooper of Sorry Sons of Bitches! - Stone Cold Steve Austin

Comment

Originally posted by Bang Bang View Post
                            I've never understood why they don't do that with more wrestlers. Cena's the only guy I can think of that's been injured and taken out of house shows but still works Raw. It really does make perfect sense.

But having said that, by my understanding the only reason WWE doesn't do this is because of the way they structure their contracts. The way I understand goes something like this: A wrestler signs a two year contract. If he works whenever he's told for two years straight, he has then works through the contract and either signs a new deal or leaves the company. However, if that wrestler get's injured for say, 6 months, WWE then extends his contract for six more months starting when he is healed and working again. I believe unlike the olden days, the wrestler still get's paid for the ENTIRE duration of their contract, so if they get injured at least they still get paid. So basically even though the wrestler is getting his contractually agreed upon pay, he HAS to WORK for the time stated in his contract.

Comment

Originally posted by Bang Bang View Post
                              I've never understood why they don't do that with more wrestlers. Cena's the only guy I can think of that's been injured and taken out of house shows but still works Raw. It really does make perfect sense.

But having said that, by my understanding the only reason WWE doesn't do this is because of the way they structure their contracts. The way I understand goes something like this: A wrestler signs a two year contract. If he works whenever he's told for two years straight, he has then works through the contract and either signs a new deal or leaves the company. However, if that wrestler get's injured for say, 6 months, WWE then extends his contract for six more months starting when he is healed and working again. I believe unlike the olden days, the wrestler still get's paid for the ENTIRE duration of their contract, so if they get injured at least they still get paid. So basically even though the wrestler is getting his contractually agreed upon pay, he HAS to WORK for the time stated in his contract.

Comment

Working...
                              X