X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Jim Ross retires

http://www.wwe.com/inside/jim-ross-to-retire

Re: Jim Ross retires

This should come as a surprise to nobody. Jim deserves his retirement and I am sure he's busy enough with other things now.

He's arguably one of the best commentators wrestling has ever had.

Spoiler

Comment

This should come as a surprise to nobody. Jim deserves his retirement and I am sure he's busy enough with other things now.

He's arguably one of the best commentators wrestling has ever had.

Spoiler

Comment

I'm wondering if he just figured there was no point in hanging around anymore when it didn't seem he was wanted much by WWE. I don't blame him for moving on and concentrating on his business ventures. Hope to see him show up every once in a while. Maybe for 'Mania.

Comment

I'm wondering if he just figured there was no point in hanging around anymore when it didn't seem he was wanted much by WWE. I don't blame him for moving on and concentrating on his business ventures. Hope to see him show up every once in a while. Maybe for 'Mania.

Comment

Good for him, the man has done so much for this great business and should take it easy for his latter days on this earth. We freakin' love you J.R. !!! Truly one of the all time greats.....*standing ovation*

Comment

Good for him, the man has done so much for this great business and should take it easy for his latter days on this earth. We freakin' love you J.R. !!! Truly one of the all time greats.....*standing ovation*

Comment

He should get a real, genuine Appreciation Night the next time RAW comes to Oklahoma.

Still My Champ
                Thanks, surrender.

Comment

He should get a real, genuine Appreciation Night the next time RAW comes to Oklahoma.

Still My Champ
                  Thanks, surrender.

Comment

Originally posted by CM Punk'd View Post

We know what happens at those lol:

In all seriousness, well deserved retirement!

Wonder if HHH will say on Monday this was "good for business"? lol

-----------------------------------
                    As announced earlier, WWE Hall of Famer Jim Ross is retiring after 20 years with the company.

Aside from Jim Ross wanting to focus on "other business ventures" (most notably his JR's Barbecue company), the Wrestling Observer reports that WWE Chairman Vince McMahon had a role in his departure.

According to Observer report, Ross and McMahon met yesterday (Wednesday) to discuss Ross's future with the company, which led to the decision for Ross to retire.

It's being said that Ric Flair's unruly behavior at the WWE 2K14 panel during SummerSlam weekend was a contributing factor in his departure. WWE management felt that Ross, who hosted the event, should have cut off Ric Flair when he went off-script and made several controversial remarks in front of WWE & 2K Sports executives.

http://www.lordsofpain.net/news/wwe/...aving_WWE.html
                    Who is the boss? Who made wrestling? Who is sports entertainment?

WRESTLEMANIA 4 LIFE~~

Comment

Originally posted by CM Punk'd View Post

We know what happens at those lol:

In all seriousness, well deserved retirement!

Wonder if HHH will say on Monday this was "good for business"? lol

-----------------------------------
                      As announced earlier, WWE Hall of Famer Jim Ross is retiring after 20 years with the company.

Aside from Jim Ross wanting to focus on "other business ventures" (most notably his JR's Barbecue company), the Wrestling Observer reports that WWE Chairman Vince McMahon had a role in his departure.

According to Observer report, Ross and McMahon met yesterday (Wednesday) to discuss Ross's future with the company, which led to the decision for Ross to retire.

It's being said that Ric Flair's unruly behavior at the WWE 2K14 panel during SummerSlam weekend was a contributing factor in his departure. WWE management felt that Ross, who hosted the event, should have cut off Ric Flair when he went off-script and made several controversial remarks in front of WWE & 2K Sports executives.

http://www.lordsofpain.net/news/wwe/...aving_WWE.html
                      Who is the boss? Who made wrestling? Who is sports entertainment?

WRESTLEMANIA 4 LIFE~~

Comment

I hope he is still allowed to scout for the company.

"There are two novels that can change a bookish fourteen-year old's life: The Lord of the Rings and Atlas Shrugged. One is a childish fantasy that often engenders a lifelong obsession with its unbelievable heroes, leading to an emotionally stunted, socially crippled adulthood, unable to deal with the real world. The other, of course, involves orcs."

Comment

I hope he is still allowed to scout for the company.

"There are two novels that can change a bookish fourteen-year old's life: The Lord of the Rings and Atlas Shrugged. One is a childish fantasy that often engenders a lifelong obsession with its unbelievable heroes, leading to an emotionally stunted, socially crippled adulthood, unable to deal with the real world. The other, of course, involves orcs."

Comment

Originally posted by Mr. Victorino View Post
                            This

Comment

Originally posted by Mr. Victorino View Post
                              This

Comment

Working...
                              X