Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

What's the deal with the same fans in the front row at every major event?

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• What's the deal with the same fans in the front row at every major event?

I'm sorry if this has been discussed before, but I'm talking about Brock Lesnar guy, Clown guy, Sign guy, suit guy, Hogan guy, etc. These dudes have to be plants. I have seen pictures on their twitter at these events and they're always front row and always mingling with the wrestlers. They are always on camera. So what do you guys know about these cast of characters? Are they plants or just rich fucking people? I highly doubt they're super rich. My guess is they're plants designed to be there to get other people excited about the show. I bet they are even paid by the WWE a small amount or maybe just hotel/airfare covered.

Re: What's the deal with the same fans in the front row at every major event?

It's pretty annoying either way because people miss out on having those seats when they're always taken up by the same guys.

Bender

This will remain in my sig until The Rock gets his WWE World Heavyweight Championship rematch.

Comment

It's pretty annoying either way because people miss out on having those seats when they're always taken up by the same guys.

Bender

This will remain in my sig until The Rock gets his WWE World Heavyweight Championship rematch.

Comment

I agree, it's really annoying. It's bullshit. They might be good guys; they probably are. If I see any of them at Hell In A Cell, I'm going to politely ask them to shoot me straight. I'm pretty confident they are plants. If not, they have great connections within the industry or they know some tricks regarding how to snag up best seats. They either know a guy that snags up best seats with their system or they are plants. Either way, it's fucking annoying.

Comment

I agree, it's really annoying. It's bullshit. They might be good guys; they probably are. If I see any of them at Hell In A Cell, I'm going to politely ask them to shoot me straight. I'm pretty confident they are plants. If not, they have great connections within the industry or they know some tricks regarding how to snag up best seats. They either know a guy that snags up best seats with their system or they are plants. Either way, it's fucking annoying.

Comment

Originally posted by The Champ View Post
            Not really. If they have bought their front row seats everytime then they have the right to sit in those seats everytime. If they're that big of a fan, fair play to them.

I follow the majority of them on Twitter and they seem legitimate, it's their characters or gimmicks (clown, sign guy) that gets them noticed and they have met these wrestlers at numerous events like Axxess and what not. Sign Guy did an interview a few years ago and says he maxed out credit cards on travelling to events. It's not inconceivable that these people literally spend all their money to go to WWE events.

2013 TBG Poster of the Year

Scotland, Celtic and FC Basel
            CELTIC (SPFL CHAMPIONS 2013/14)
            FC BASEL (SSL CHAMPIONS 2013/2014; SWISS CUP FINALISTS)

Comment

Originally posted by The Champ View Post
              Not really. If they have bought their front row seats everytime then they have the right to sit in those seats everytime. If they're that big of a fan, fair play to them.

I follow the majority of them on Twitter and they seem legitimate, it's their characters or gimmicks (clown, sign guy) that gets them noticed and they have met these wrestlers at numerous events like Axxess and what not. Sign Guy did an interview a few years ago and says he maxed out credit cards on travelling to events. It's not inconceivable that these people literally spend all their money to go to WWE events.

2013 TBG Poster of the Year

Scotland, Celtic and FC Basel
              CELTIC (SPFL CHAMPIONS 2013/14)
              FC BASEL (SSL CHAMPIONS 2013/2014; SWISS CUP FINALISTS)

Comment

They could just have the money to be able to go to these events ever think about that? Don't go around hating on people who are able to go to these events and get good seats and they also could have good connection s.Just giving you my two cents.
                Last edited by Melinafan20; 09-11-2013, 05:17 PM.

thank you surrender

Comment

They could just have the money to be able to go to these events ever think about that? Don't go around hating on people who are able to go to these events and get good seats and they also could have good connection s.Just giving you my two cents.

thank you surrender

Comment

It is suspicious that they always get front row, usually on camera side though. Out of thousands of people, the chances of getting those seats as often they do is miniscule...unless you know someone "on the inside".

I've always assumed they're related to/friends with someone who works in WWE...but for whatever reason, they can't/won't come out and say so. I know if I was a wrestler, I'd make sure I got my friends and family the best seats in the house.

Comment

It is suspicious that they always get front row, usually on camera side though. Out of thousands of people, the chances of getting those seats as often they do is miniscule...unless you know someone "on the inside".

I've always assumed they're related to/friends with someone who works in WWE...but for whatever reason, they can't/won't come out and say so. I know if I was a wrestler, I'd make sure I got my friends and family the best seats in the house.

Comment

Either WWE Magazine or WWE.com once did an article on these 'superfans.' It was probably different fans from a different era, but the gist of the story likely remains the same. I was trying to find it, but no luck yet.

From what I remember, they're either rich wrestling fans with a lot of time on their hands, or superfans who went to all the shows in one specific area. At some point, both groups of fans would get recognized by the wrestlers, many of whom are quite adept at remember faces. Said fan would be brought backstage, schmooze with the boys, and be given first dibs on the best seats. Probably at a discount price. Maybe for free in some cases. I know WWF has always been generous to the handicapped, for example.

And while I doubt this is still practiced, some wrestlers also had fan lackeys in certain cities who would act as their chauffeur while they were in town. This guy who hosted a wrestling radio show here used to do this for Flair and Honkytonk Man back in the 80s. Front row seats were often the payoff.

Here in Baltimore it was almost impossible to get front row seats to a WWF show in the late 90s unless you knew somebody at WWF or Ticketmaster.

Comment

Either WWE Magazine or WWE.com once did an article on these 'superfans.' It was probably different fans from a different era, but the gist of the story likely remains the same. I was trying to find it, but no luck yet.

From what I remember, they're either rich wrestling fans with a lot of time on their hands, or superfans who went to all the shows in one specific area. At some point, both groups of fans would get recognized by the wrestlers, many of whom are quite adept at remember faces. Said fan would be brought backstage, schmooze with the boys, and be given first dibs on the best seats. Probably at a discount price. Maybe for free in some cases. I know WWF has always been generous to the handicapped, for example.

And while I doubt this is still practiced, some wrestlers also had fan lackeys in certain cities who would act as their chauffeur while they were in town. This guy who hosted a wrestling radio show here used to do this for Flair and Honkytonk Man back in the 80s. Front row seats were often the payoff.

Here in Baltimore it was almost impossible to get front row seats to a WWF show in the late 90s unless you knew somebody at WWF or Ticketmaster.

Comment

Originally posted by Baker223 View Post
                            At some point, both groups of fans would get recognized by the wrestlers, many of whom are quite adept at remember faces. Said fan would be brought backstage, schmooze with the boys, and be given first dibs on the best seats. Probably at a discount price. Maybe for free in some cases.
                            For clarification, this is the part that I don't like.

Bender

Comment

Originally posted by Baker223 View Post
                              At some point, both groups of fans would get recognized by the wrestlers, many of whom are quite adept at remember faces. Said fan would be brought backstage, schmooze with the boys, and be given first dibs on the best seats. Probably at a discount price. Maybe for free in some cases.
                              For clarification, this is the part that I don't like.

Bender

Comment

Working...
                              X