Daniel Bryan's chase for the WWE title

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Daniel Bryan's chase for the WWE title

I know I'm not the only one, but when Bryan lost the WWE title right after winning it I was pretty mad. Honestly, I thought it was a stupid choice on the part of WWE. However, after this past Raw, I'm thinking I might have been wrong on this one. I think I see a great "chase" storyline here. Some of the best storylines are part of "the chase." Whether it be the chase for a title or the chase of another wrestler, when done correctly the chase storyline is often the best way to go. And right now WWE has done a good job of positioning Bryan as the underdog, who has had to overcome great odds to reach the level he is. But once he reaches the top, or thinks he has reached the top, he and his fans realize the climb is not over. Personally, I really think we are on the brink of a great storyline here, and one that is almost a guarantee to have a huge payoff for the fans and for Bryan.

Re: Daniel Bryan's chase for the WWE title

I know I'll take heat for this, but Im not a Bryan fan at all. IMO, he's a mid card talent at best, who's only in the main event right now because everyone is hurt. I think the guy us good in the ring, but I hate his look, and his annoying yes and no chants annoy the crap out if me. I think wwe would be way more entertaining if they beefed up the I.C title hunt with Bryan, RVD, Ziggler, Barrett, and have Heyman sell out, join hhh and Steph, resulting in punk chasing after the title.just my opinion though

Ah Screw it

Comment

I know I'll take heat for this, but Im not a Bryan fan at all. IMO, he's a mid card talent at best, who's only in the main event right now because everyone is hurt. I think the guy us good in the ring, but I hate his look, and his annoying yes and no chants annoy the crap out if me. I think wwe would be way more entertaining if they beefed up the I.C title hunt with Bryan, RVD, Ziggler, Barrett, and have Heyman sell out, join hhh and Steph, resulting in punk chasing after the title.just my opinion though

Ah Screw it

Comment

to me is the complete opposite, while I do like Punk I think Bryan is so much better in almost every single way.

I am cautiously watching this storyline unfold and they could lose me at any moment but I know for sure I will watch any matches that Bryan has.

"There are two novels that can change a bookish fourteen-year old's life: The Lord of the Rings and Atlas Shrugged. One is a childish fantasy that often engenders a lifelong obsession with its unbelievable heroes, leading to an emotionally stunted, socially crippled adulthood, unable to deal with the real world. The other, of course, involves orcs."

Comment

to me is the complete opposite, while I do like Punk I think Bryan is so much better in almost every single way.

I am cautiously watching this storyline unfold and they could lose me at any moment but I know for sure I will watch any matches that Bryan has.

"There are two novels that can change a bookish fourteen-year old's life: The Lord of the Rings and Atlas Shrugged. One is a childish fantasy that often engenders a lifelong obsession with its unbelievable heroes, leading to an emotionally stunted, socially crippled adulthood, unable to deal with the real world. The other, of course, involves orcs."

Comment

I was mad, until the two promos that happened the following Monday, with Stephanie and Triple H. Those two promos were just epic with the style and energy that was used around it. I know the term is used very loosely, but it did feel like the Attitude era. Not because of blood, or violence, or swearing, but because of that feeling of larger than life. Because they built Bryan into a larger than life character by claiming he was everything BUT. It wasn't even a way to gain him sympathy, but to help the anger in the fans for taking something that meant everything to him. It was like how Vince tried to do everything to keep Austin from the title. It was damn near perfect. And I look forward to Bryan vs. The McMahons for the rest of the year (hopefully).
            Candice Larae, Bea Priestley, Nixon Newell, and Tessa Blanchard tribute
            Finn Balor is the future of the WWE
            Siera, Hotel, India, Echo, Lima, Delta - Forever
            Cena fan for LIFE
            Did you know, without lifts, Ambrose is taller than Reigns by an inch?

banner by, Dj LatinoHeat

Comment

I was mad, until the two promos that happened the following Monday, with Stephanie and Triple H. Those two promos were just epic with the style and energy that was used around it. I know the term is used very loosely, but it did feel like the Attitude era. Not because of blood, or violence, or swearing, but because of that feeling of larger than life. Because they built Bryan into a larger than life character by claiming he was everything BUT. It wasn't even a way to gain him sympathy, but to help the anger in the fans for taking something that meant everything to him. It was like how Vince tried to do everything to keep Austin from the title. It was damn near perfect. And I look forward to Bryan vs. The McMahons for the rest of the year (hopefully).
              Candice Larae, Bea Priestley, Nixon Newell, and Tessa Blanchard tribute
              Finn Balor is the future of the WWE
              Siera, Hotel, India, Echo, Lima, Delta - Forever
              Cena fan for LIFE
              Did you know, without lifts, Ambrose is taller than Reigns by an inch?

banner by, Dj LatinoHeat

Comment

I'm stoked for this. Bryan is exactly the kinda wrestler I can get behind; he is the perfect underdog. I think he has an awesomely unique look and persona that we've never quite seen before. He brings a potent level of intensity and passion to anything and everything he does. And finally, he's adaptable in the ring. He can do whatever he wants in the ring with whoever he wants to. He's that talented. There is no doubt in mind that he is the total package and fully deserves his spot.

Likewise, I think Orton, HHH and the rest are exactly the kinda people I can actually "hate" in professional wrestling. HHH is just so damn good at making you hate him. Similarly, while Orton isn't at HHH's heel level, he's no slouch himself. He oozes jackass. Tack on the new and awesome Shield as enforcers and they're also helping to groom new talent.

This is a clash I am giddy for. By the time it builds to the probable HHH vs. DB match at 'Mania 30, I'll be so ready for the Game to fucking tap. And to think, I thought HHH probably shouldn't do another 'Mania. I think this story necessitates it.

Comment

I'm stoked for this. Bryan is exactly the kinda wrestler I can get behind; he is the perfect underdog. I think he has an awesomely unique look and persona that we've never quite seen before. He brings a potent level of intensity and passion to anything and everything he does. And finally, he's adaptable in the ring. He can do whatever he wants in the ring with whoever he wants to. He's that talented. There is no doubt in mind that he is the total package and fully deserves his spot.

Likewise, I think Orton, HHH and the rest are exactly the kinda people I can actually "hate" in professional wrestling. HHH is just so damn good at making you hate him. Similarly, while Orton isn't at HHH's heel level, he's no slouch himself. He oozes jackass. Tack on the new and awesome Shield as enforcers and they're also helping to groom new talent.

This is a clash I am giddy for. By the time it builds to the probable HHH vs. DB match at 'Mania 30, I'll be so ready for the Game to fucking tap. And to think, I thought HHH probably shouldn't do another 'Mania. I think this story necessitates it.

Comment

This storyline actually compelled me to tune into Raw for the 1st time, post-WM. Since I like elaborate storylines, with twists, turns & multiple characters involved. This breaks the mold of the generic "I'm the #1 contender and I'm going to take your title" storylines we've been subjected to for the past few years. I think by going this route, instead of a SummerSlam happy ending was a better decision & will help Bryan's character gain more sympathy as well as further develop. Adversity will give people more of a reason to get behind Bryan instead of great matches & "Yes!' chants. I hope WWE doesn't fuck this one up & I pray that Bryan comes out more over than when he entered into this storyline.

Comment

This storyline actually compelled me to tune into Raw for the 1st time, post-WM. Since I like elaborate storylines, with twists, turns & multiple characters involved. This breaks the mold of the generic "I'm the #1 contender and I'm going to take your title" storylines we've been subjected to for the past few years. I think by going this route, instead of a SummerSlam happy ending was a better decision & will help Bryan's character gain more sympathy as well as further develop. Adversity will give people more of a reason to get behind Bryan instead of great matches & "Yes!' chants. I hope WWE doesn't fuck this one up & I pray that Bryan comes out more over than when he entered into this storyline.

Comment

Originally posted by UnderTaker77 View Post
                        I know I'll take heat for this, but Im not a Bryan fan at all. IMO, he's a mid card talent at best, who's only in the main event right now because everyone is hurt.
                        Who is "everyone"? Cena and Sheamus?

Punk's not hurt. Orton's not hurt and was a babyface a week ago.

Bender

This will remain in my sig until The Rock gets his WWE World Heavyweight Championship rematch.

Comment

Originally posted by UnderTaker77 View Post
                          I know I'll take heat for this, but Im not a Bryan fan at all. IMO, he's a mid card talent at best, who's only in the main event right now because everyone is hurt.
                          Who is "everyone"? Cena and Sheamus?

Punk's not hurt. Orton's not hurt and was a babyface a week ago.

Bender

This will remain in my sig until The Rock gets his WWE World Heavyweight Championship rematch.

Comment

I find it funny when random "rebel" fans have to state that they don't think Daniel Bryan is anything more than a mid-carder. ARE YOU SERIOUS!? Did any of you guys actually watch the Summerslam match and any of his appearances over the last decade in professional wrestling? The guy is the best in the world bar none! Annnnnnnyways, I actually think WWE sees this and are actually trying to capitalize on his momentum. Both Triple H and Orton's heel turns will automatically bump Bryan further into popularity among fans. He currently was the most over guy in the WWE and will be even more so considering how many fans actually despise both Triple H and Orton and even the WWE for stripping the title from Bryan. This is a monumental period in pro wrestling and we are all lucky to be witnessing such a period once again. Takes me back to elementary school when the attitude era was in it's hey day. Bryan's popularity harkens back to the days of Austin. Pretty awesome for a guy who's biggest criticism against him was lack of charisma! I'm absolutely stoked on this storyline and it makes me a proud wrestling fan. Something I haven't been able to say in years

Justin Valuable made this banner! YES! YES!YES!
                            I Eat Cannibals

Comment

I find it funny when random "rebel" fans have to state that they don't think Daniel Bryan is anything more than a mid-carder. ARE YOU SERIOUS!? Did any of you guys actually watch the Summerslam match and any of his appearances over the last decade in professional wrestling? The guy is the best in the world bar none! Annnnnnnyways, I actually think WWE sees this and are actually trying to capitalize on his momentum. Both Triple H and Orton's heel turns will automatically bump Bryan further into popularity among fans. He currently was the most over guy in the WWE and will be even more so considering how many fans actually despise both Triple H and Orton and even the WWE for stripping the title from Bryan. This is a monumental period in pro wrestling and we are all lucky to be witnessing such a period once again. Takes me back to elementary school when the attitude era was in it's hey day. Bryan's popularity harkens back to the days of Austin. Pretty awesome for a guy who's biggest criticism against him was lack of charisma! I'm absolutely stoked on this storyline and it makes me a proud wrestling fan. Something I haven't been able to say in years

Justin Valuable made this banner! YES! YES!YES!
                              I Eat Cannibals

Comment

Working...
                              X