Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Darren Young comes out as gay

http://www.tmz.com/2013/08/15/darren...superstar-gay/

I'm really happy about this. In the sense that he could potentially become a great role model for gay kids in the WWE Universe. Fingers crossed Vince doesn't turn him into a caricature.

Very pleased that Darren is comfortable enough to admit it in the wrestling business.

Re: Darren Young comes out as gay

Good on him! And yep, really hope they don't turn him into a caricature.

Comment

Good on him! And yep, really hope they don't turn him into a caricature.

Comment

WOW is all that comes to mind. So was that really his "coming out" in a simple 3 minute TMZ story, because if this was his coming out that's a huge story for the world of pro-wrestling.

And I hope everything works for him, but coming out didn't help Orlando Jordan, and it really, really killed Chris Kanyon's career.

Comment

WOW is all that comes to mind. So was that really his "coming out" in a simple 3 minute TMZ story, because if this was his coming out that's a huge story for the world of pro-wrestling.

And I hope everything works for him, but coming out didn't help Orlando Jordan, and it really, really killed Chris Kanyon's career.

Comment

Good for him to feel comfortable to come out now. Big positive step for the business. I know Stephanie is big on LGBT issues and he'll have support from management.

And don't worry, WWE won't turn him into a joke like TNA did with Orlando Jordan. The business/society has changed since Kanyon came out a decade ago.

Comment

Good for him to feel comfortable to come out now. Big positive step for the business. I know Stephanie is big on LGBT issues and he'll have support from management.

And don't worry, WWE won't turn him into a joke like TNA did with Orlando Jordan. The business/society has changed since Kanyon came out a decade ago.

Comment

Is Pat Patterson not openly gay? Or is he the 'old school gay' where everybody knows but nobody talks about it.

TMZ are calling Young the first openly gay wrestler.
                Bring back the fourth wall

Comment

Is Pat Patterson not openly gay? Or is he the 'old school gay' where everybody knows but nobody talks about it.

Bring back the fourth wall

Comment

Originally posted by Mr. Perfect View Post

Those examples are what makes me afraid of what they can potentially do with these news, so hopefully the do not make him the gay wrestler, who's primary and only characteristic is that he's gay, and instead if they do decide to use this they do it more subtly. Or they could continue letting D-Young be himself with Primetime Players as he has been thoroughly entertaining in that role.

"There are two novels that can change a bookish fourteen-year old's life: The Lord of the Rings and Atlas Shrugged. One is a childish fantasy that often engenders a lifelong obsession with its unbelievable heroes, leading to an emotionally stunted, socially crippled adulthood, unable to deal with the real world. The other, of course, involves orcs."

Comment

Originally posted by Mr. Perfect View Post

Those examples are what makes me afraid of what they can potentially do with these news, so hopefully the do not make him the gay wrestler, who's primary and only characteristic is that he's gay, and instead if they do decide to use this they do it more subtly. Or they could continue letting D-Young be himself with Primetime Players as he has been thoroughly entertaining in that role.

"There are two novels that can change a bookish fourteen-year old's life: The Lord of the Rings and Atlas Shrugged. One is a childish fantasy that often engenders a lifelong obsession with its unbelievable heroes, leading to an emotionally stunted, socially crippled adulthood, unable to deal with the real world. The other, of course, involves orcs."

Comment

Good for him, makes me glad to see him do this.

This is gonna be a huge test for WWE, let's see if things have really changed for the better with this company.
                        That's all, folks.

Comment

Good for him, makes me glad to see him do this.

This is gonna be a huge test for WWE, let's see if things have really changed for the better with this company.
                          That's all, folks.

Comment

Originally posted by Push Goldust View Post

Pretty sure Pat is openly gay. Came out many years after competing as an active wrestler though.

Comment

Originally posted by Push Goldust View Post

Pretty sure Pat is openly gay. Came out many years after competing as an active wrestler though.

Comment

Working...
                              X