Mark Henry's path to the WWE title

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Mark Henry's path to the WWE title

Here are my thoughts on how I see Henry winning the WWE title, if he ever wins it.

I think that he will lose at Money In The Bank. Then Cena will lose at Summer Slam to Bryan. And Bryan will lose to Henry at Night Of Champions. Finally, Henry will lose to Bryan at Hell In A Cell. From this, Henry challenges Bryan on Raw in a rematch, but loses. Henry cries foul... Controversy. Whoever is the World Heavyweight title holder comes out to confront him. Consequently, this exchange leads to a match at Survivor Series. Henry wins his second World Heavyweight title. At Royal Rumble, he defends his title but, eventually, loses it to Barrett on Raw. At this point, I would give Henry a shot at the tag team titles with Langston or other. It doesn't necessarily have to be a long run. The point is to have Henry conclude his career on a positive note and for him to pass the torch to Langston to be the next powerhouse heel. Eventually, I think he [Langston] will turn face and be that for a while.

I chose Night Of Champions since Henry has won the ECW and World Heavyweight titles at the same PPV.
    sigpic

"It's the sad thing about entertainment, it's not always about who is the best."
    - Jake "The Snake" Roberts

Re: Mark Henry's path to the WWE title

That's a ton of title changes.

Unfortunately, I don't see the belt coming off of Cena for a long while.

sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by BestInThe205 View Post
      That's a ton of title changes.

Unfortunately, I don't see the belt coming off of Cena for a long while.
      I don't see why people subscribe to the notion that Cena will hold the title for a long time.
      If there's any two guys that should take it from him, it's Henry or Bryan.

I don't see why people think it's a given that Henry will lose, either. I see Bryan winning, if he does, off Henry before I see it with Cena.

Spoiler

Comment

I'd live to see Henry win the belt. But Barrett isn't winning it. I don't think he should anyway. Barrett bores me to death. I hate hearing him talk and his move set isn't very good either. I don't see what everyone's obsession with him is.

Comment

Originally posted by Lionhart View Post
          I don't see why people subscribe to the notion that Cena will hold the title for a long time.
          If there's any two guys that should take it from him, it's Henry or Bryan.

I don't see why people think it's a given that Henry will lose, either. I see Bryan winning, if he does, off Henry before I see it with Cena.
          I'm not being snarky or cynical here. But it is simply because it is John Cena, and they will never stop pushing him.
          Originally posted by mx518
          he's one of the biggest smarks on this board and epitomizes everything that a smark actually is.
          Originally posted by mx518
          No, it's just called being realistic; I never thought I'd see DJM join the dark side.
          NOBODY PUTS BABY IN A CORNER!

Comment

Originally posted by Djm View Post
            I'm not being snarky or cynical here. But it is simply because it is John Cena, and they will never stop pushing him.
            Del Rio. Punk. Sheamus.

The last three guys to take the WWE title off Cena. Henry would fit in fine there. Cena will have to drop it when it means something...it means something if Bryan or Henry win.

It won't mean shit, really, if anyone else takes it off him. All three of those guys weren't perceived to be on Cena's level when they won it from him. Henry winning will be fine.

Spoiler

Comment

Well, I can't speak for others but I've always liked William Regal. I don't think a lot of wrestling fans really took to him. Whatever. I like English wrestlers. My choice of Barrett winning the World Heavyweight title was due to my interest in somebody else not named Del Rio, Ziggler or Christian holding it. If not Barrett, perhaps, Cesaro.

I digress, I've no problem with Henry winning the WWE title at Money In The Bank. However, there's no real way to write an outcome for this main event without it coming off as predictable. I mean, very predictable. The match needs a shock to happen to decide the outcome.
              Last edited by sillyrabbit; 07-05-2013, 06:42 PM.
              sigpic

"It's the sad thing about entertainment, it's not always about who is the best."

Comment

I definitely can see Henry beating Cena. He's gotten a lot of heat over the past 3 weeks. But everyone here knows Cena won't be losing this match. I hate it but that's the way it is. If I'm wrong and Henry wins then I will gladly say I was wrong.

Comment

I definitely think one of them (Henry or Bryan) will indeed take the title off of Cena. I think Bryan is the more likely of the two though.

A ton and a half of credit to Rad for this superb artwork

Originally posted by The Miz
                  I'd rather you all hate me for everything I am than love me for something i'm not
                  Days Oncall has left to use his MITB Contract: 300-ish

Comment

Henry won't win the gold with one moth's worth of momentum. Just don't see it happening. I would like to see him win the belt though and then have DB come out to cash in and have Mark Henry just fucking level him. Before it's official so Henry can keep the gold for RAW and then drop or retire or something. I don't want a long Henry run but I would like to see him get to call everyone a puppet which fucking ruled. WWE needs black stars and losing Henry isn't a good thing. The guy should be the King of Smackdown for at least a year. Might not be fast paced action but you'll understand it doesn't have to be because Mark Henry will kill you.

Comment

I was checking on wikipedia because I was thinking of something. I was thinking he could win the title and become the last ever grand slam champion that actually has a chance of happening (Christian), simply because he said he has held every title but the wwf one. But according to wikipedia he has never head the tag titles or the IC/US titles. I thought he held them all, but I guess not, and its a shame because 1 final grand slam champ would be cool to see.

Comment

Originally posted by Kara View Post
                        I was checking on wikipedia because I was thinking of something. I was thinking he could win the title and become the last ever grand slam champion that actually has a chance of happening (Christian), simply because he said he has held every title but the wwf one. But according to wikipedia he has never head the tag titles or the IC/US titles. I thought he held them all, but I guess not, and its a shame because 1 final grand slam champ would be cool to see.
                        What if somehow Mark Henry created a teleportation device and during it's first real human test run D'Lo Brown snuck in somehow and they became spliced together like in The Fly!

Comment

As far as the black talent is concern, they've a chance to emerge sooner than later. It all depends on their individual marketability. Not to mention, they've to exhibit real talent on the microphone, not just in the ring. I know, that's self-explanatory. But, sometimes, as fans, we lose sight of these crucial points.

Right now, Langston, Kingston, PTP, Fox and Naomi have long-term potential. Conversely, I'm uncertain if either Ezekiel Jackson or David Otunga have a future with the company. Admittedly, I like Otunga's legal adviser gimmick.

I concur. Henry will be missed in the short-term. He was old school. He was a true heel. I really dislike ambiguity in wrestling. In my opinion, you're either a good guy or a bad guy. I mean, I recall Ted DiBiase as always being a heel character. Conversely, when you flip-flop over and over, in some cases. It's irksome. For example, Del Rio was awesome as a heel. Then he turned face which never worked for me. And became lame real fast. Although he's back to being a heel, I don't care about him anymore.
                          sigpic

Comment

It's funny how people think differently because I thought Del Rio was so boring as a heel. Heck, I don't like him as a face either. I just think he's boring all around. I can't understand much of what he says during his promos. Sorry, but they are pushing the wrong guy waaaaay too hard

Comment

To answer the Del Rio question, for me, like The Rock, it has more to do with his ability to sound convincing as a heel when he speaks. "The Pope" and Joe are other perfect examples. A lot of these guys are good workers to boot.
                              sigpic

Comment

Working...
                              X