So, what if Punk doesn't show up?

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• So, what if Punk doesn't show up?

Sure, the Payback PPV is in Chicago. And sure, Paul Heyman signed the contract and said Punk will be there.

But what if he's not? What if this really is all big picture for something else? What if Punk won't be there and they do a whole different angle about it? Did WWE accidentally let Punk's contract expire or something?

Face turn? Heel turn? Who knows? I mean, has Punk actually said ANYTHING about the PPV? Or Paul Heyman? Or Chris Jericho?

Do we really know if Punk is going to be there?
    Originally posted by mx518
    he's one of the biggest smarks on this board and epitomizes everything that a smark actually is.
    Originally posted by mx518
    No, it's just called being realistic; I never thought I'd see DJM join the dark side.
    NOBODY PUTS BABY IN A CORNER!

Re: So, what if Punk doesn't show up?

If he doesn't show then call me a rube. I don't see it happening since it's in Chicago. At the very least I expect his music to hit, he comes out, looks around, then heads back behind the curtain and leaves

I am not threatened by any man whose name is three letters.

- Damien Sandow
    in response to RVD's return

Comment

I don't think he will show up. He will return eventually. But I doubt he will be at payback.

Comment

If the WWE were smart and they were wanting to do Lesnar/Punk, the smart thing would be to have Lesnar come out and F-5 Punk and cost him the match against Jericho. Could you imagine how that would go down in Punk's hometown? It'd be immense.

FYI, I think he'll be there. He's said to be starting house shows again toward the end of this month, so I think it'll happen.

Comment

Lesnar costing punk the match would be pretty awesome. It would give Lesnar more heat. Abd it will give Jericho a much deserved win. However that's only if punk shows up.

Comment

Zero chance that Punk doesn't show up.

Vince just doesn't work that way. Remember this is the guy who paid Jeff Jarrett $300,000 just to drop the IC Title to Chyna so he wouldn't be false advertising.

Punk will show, but he'll lose to Jericho and maybe he'll go away for another month or two again.

Comment

Yeah Vince wouldn't do this. He's not the type to advertise something and then not deliver it.

Comment

Originally posted by Justin Valuable View Post
                Yeah Vince wouldn't do this. He's not the type to advertise something and then not deliver it.
                Exactly. Dude even managed to get God to team with HBK because Vince said he would be there.

2x PW Power 25 Winner

Currently Playing - The Legend of Zelda: Breath of The Wild and NBA 2K17

PW Game of the Year 2016 - Voting now open.

Comment

As a promoter you cannot advertise and then not deliver. This is one of the reasons why WWE was so harsh with Steve Austin when he had his issues in 2002.

Comment

The businessman in Vince wouldn't allow that.

I think they're just waiting til the PPV for him to show up. It will probably make it 10x more special.

He gives the people what they want, remember?

Spoiler

Comment

That's not Vince's way of doing things. He doesn't like to let people down on PPV. On Raw you can use all the tricks in the book but when someone shells out their hard-earned money, you have to give them what you've promised.

There's no chance.

Comment

This is one of the reasons why Vince has been so successful as a promoter: he delivers on his promises.

Comment

Originally posted by Todd View Post
                          That's not Vince's way of doing things. He doesn't like to let people down on PPV. On Raw you can use all the tricks in the book but when someone shells out their hard-earned money, you have to give them what you've promised.

There's no chance.
                          *bites*

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=JMp8aDH8d9M

Also, how the hell do I embed? I always look like a dumbass for just posting links.

Spoiler

Comment

WWE has an out!

Elevated liver enzymes!

Comment

Pro Wrestling is carny in it's origin, so it wouldn't surprise me...I also think the bait and switch would be great. Keep you on your toes...that's all in theory however, in this day of lawsuits and suing for anything under the sun...he does basically have to come through...although...the Card Subject To Change is an out...

Comment

Working...
                              X