Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

WWE Spring Cleaning....the releases keep on coming.

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• WWE Spring Cleaning....the releases keep on coming.

Originally posted by Briley Pierce
    I guarantee that was the funniest and most entertaining "You're released" phone call in WWE history. Bye, everybody!
    Originally posted by Derrick Bateman
    Welp see ya later @wwe @WWEUniverse #itsfine
    Judging by their tweets, Derrick and Briley (Dolph's brother) have both been released.

Neither ever got a fair shake which is a shame. Briley was often stuck in interviewing positions in FCW and NXT, while Derrick never got main roster opportunities despite his good performances on NXT 4 and Redemption (his storyline with Johnny Curtis, Maxine, and Kaitlyn on NXT was really good).

Gotta wonder if more releases have happened or are coming. It's been a while since we've got a mass release.

-----

EDIT - RELEASED LIST 5/17

1. DERRICK BATEMAN
    2. BRILEY PIERCE
    3. SAKAMOTO
    4. AUDREY MARIE
    5. BRANDON TRAVEN
    6. PERCY WATSON
    7. ANYA
    Last edited by LS; 05-17-2013, 07:22 PM.

WWE Spring Cleaning 2013 Thread

Looks like they're starting with the NXT folks.

First one gone is Briley Pierce, the brother of our World Heavyweight Champion Dolph Ziggler.

Shame, he just debuted as a wrestler (jobber) on NXT last week.

Derrick Bateman's gone too? Shame, he wasn't all that bad. Pretty funny personality back in the old NXT Redemption days.

If I were Percy Watson I wouldn't answer my phone today.

I'm guessing Fandango/Johnny Curtis is thanking his lucky stars today.

Comment

Re: Derrick Bateman and Briley Pierce released

Shame about Pierce but he still young , let him get more experience in the indies and I think he'll eventually be back.

As for Bateman I thought he was ready for the main roster, shame also.

"There are two novels that can change a bookish fourteen-year old's life: The Lord of the Rings and Atlas Shrugged. One is a childish fantasy that often engenders a lifelong obsession with its unbelievable heroes, leading to an emotionally stunted, socially crippled adulthood, unable to deal with the real world. The other, of course, involves orcs."

Comment

Re: WWE Spring Cleaning 2013 Thread

Originally posted by Stefan View Post
        Derrick Bateman's gone too? Shame, he wasn't all that bad. Pretty funny personality back in the old NXT Redemption days.

If I were Percy Watson I wouldn't answer my phone today.

I'm guessing Fandango/Johnny Curtis is thanking his lucky stars today.
        I see Percy going too, wouldn't be surprised if he already got the phone call. Sucks that they never capitalized on him after NXT 2.

I'd say Yoshi and Hunico might be at risk too despite being great wrestlers, but at the same time, they do need great wrestlers like that to fall back on. I haven't watched much of Camacho, but him as well. And maybe Big Zeke too.

As for divas, I would say Rosa but she is always safe (they need someone for the WWE.com photoshoots!) but you never know. I would have said Alicia a month ago but she's been doing a lot of press and charity lately so she's likely safe. If any divas go, I guess there's a small chance Audrey is released. And possibly Anya since she's been employed for nearly a year and still hasn't appeared on NXT, though they might just be working really hard on training her.

Comment

If Hunico and Yoshi get fired it would be such a waste of talented wrestlers, Hunico was putting some of the best matches weekly before he got injured, hope they don't get fired.

"There are two novels that can change a bookish fourteen-year old's life: The Lord of the Rings and Atlas Shrugged. One is a childish fantasy that often engenders a lifelong obsession with its unbelievable heroes, leading to an emotionally stunted, socially crippled adulthood, unable to deal with the real world. The other, of course, involves orcs."

Comment

And JTG, who celebrated his sixth anniversary in WWE this week.

Comment

Bateman seemed like he had potential, too bad on that one.

No idea who the other guy is, although it's surprising that they'd release the brother of someone who's pretty highly regarded right now (and is the current World Heavyweight Champion).

Bender

This will remain in my sig until The Rock gets his WWE World Heavyweight Championship rematch.

Comment

Bateman is an example of how WWE is so lazy and misses the boat with people. As Stefan mentioned, he's a funny guy, and he had a lot of personality and charisma. The knee injury may have hurt him but it's not like they were ever actually trying with him on the main roster anyway.

And after Caylee Turner and now Briley Pierce, is it time to stop with the younger sibling experiments?!

Comment

I'm gonna laugh my ass off if JTG survives yet another round of spring cleaning. He's becoming the new Funaki in that regard.

Bender

This will remain in my sig until The Rock gets his WWE World Heavyweight Championship rematch.

Comment

Sakamoto's a gonner I bet (he tagged with Briley in NXT this week coincidentally). Yoshi's safe only because he's the only Asian guy on the roster. Same reason Funaki lasted as long as he did - and after Yoshi arrived, he was fired.

Comment

The WWENXT account tweeted this a few hours ago:

Which #WWENXT Superstar should be brought up to the main roster?

Not enough Briley responses I suppose! Also, maybe I take back my possible Anya release prediction, since they plugged her on the NXT Twitter account today.

Originally posted by The Champ View Post
                      I'm gonna laugh my ass off if JTG survives yet another round of spring cleaning. He's becoming the new Funaki in that regard.
                      I forgot JTG was on the roster when I made my predictions post (despite Michi changing the Raw party thread title earlier this week!)...that's how bad it is.

Comment

They've brought in a lot of new faces to NXT over the last year so it's not surprising they are letting a few go. Never really saw anything in either guy so can't say I'm disappointed.

Comment

WWE has also released Sakamoto, who was originally paired with Tensai before being sent back down to developmental, this morning. He was signed to WWE in 2011 after originally breaking into the business under TAKA Michinoku in Japan.

There are at least two additional names we have heard were released from developmental and are working to double source them.
                          http://www.pwinsider.com/ViewArticle.php?id=77618

Yep, I was right. Sayonara Sakamoto.

Comment

What a great week for Dolph. First the concussion, now his brother got fired.

Sakamoto? Don't you mean Sak O' Tomato? Or his other name, Sum Ting Wong? Seriously, after that (racist) burial by Cole and Lawler, I'm suprised he lasted this long.

Originally posted by TJ Wyoming
                            Maybe so, but at least I'm not a fucking loser. You and your country is our bitch! Been that way for a couple of centuries. And Canada (technically part of your "empire") is our bitch which makes Owens our bitch. Deal with it.
                            Don't worry, he's only making PW great again

Comment

Originally posted by Stefan View Post
                              Yoshi's safe only because he's the only Asian guy on the roster. Same reason Funaki lasted as long as he did - and after Yoshi arrived, he was fired.
                              What about Brodus' "fat friend that thinks he's Japanese"?!

Also, Curt Hawkins is at risk too, as always.

Comment

Working...
                              X