Stephanie Mcmahon: "Triple H almost defined the Attitude Era"

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Stephanie Mcmahon: "Triple H almost defined the Attitude Era"

Forbes.com has an article about Triple H and Stephanie McMahon's marriage, with quotes from the power couple. In the article, The Game spoke about the Attitude Era.
    "It's one of those things — I've talked about this with Austin and a little bit with Rock, too — you don't realize is happening at the time; it's just what you're doing," said Triple H. "We were all so wrapped up in what we were doing, and it was so competitive with each other. It's only now that I think we can look back and go, 'Wow. That was a pretty special time, and we shared some pretty special things all together and made history.' I think at the time you're doing it, you realize it's going well, but you're just so deep in there that you can't even fathom really what you're doing. To look back at it now and see all those times, and to watch the video game…when we did the voiceovers to the video game, to go back and watch some of those scenes take place, it's crazy because you forget what a…that was just another day then."

Stephanie McMahon stated that Triple H "defined the Attitude Era." Triple H discussed his wife watching his matches.

"It's funny because she knows me so well that she sees the smallest little things in there and when I come back she'll be like, 'Then this happened,'" he said. "She knows all the little intricacies of everything we do and knows me so well that she can see it whether I'm hurt or not hurt. She'll be watching almost more intently than anybody."
    Who is the boss? Who made wrestling? Who is sports entertainment?

WRESTLEMANIA 4 LIFE~~

Re: Stephanie Mcmahon: "Triple H defined the Attitude Era"

Triple H... defined the Attitude Era, yes because it's not like Stephanie McMahon would be biased as fuck with that statement or anything.

Banner Credit: Surrender
    Made Nerdery Moderator - April 21st, 2015

Anime Currently Watching
    Dragon Ball Super, Pokemon Sun & Moon

Comment

Well, in a way he kinda did.

Comment

Originally posted by Jake View Post
        Well, in a way he kinda did.
        More so then "Stone Cold" Steve Austin... I think not.

Anime Currently Watching

Comment

Well, yeah. HHH and Shawn kick started it, while Rock, Austin, Taker and Foley were all at the top, a lot of the era was dedicated to HHH's rise to the top, before having all of 2000 dedicated to him.

Originally posted by TJ Wyoming
          Maybe so, but at least I'm not a fucking loser. You and your country is our bitch! Been that way for a couple of centuries. And Canada (technically part of your "empire") is our bitch which makes Owens our bitch. Deal with it.
          Don't worry, he's only making PW great again

Comment

He was the top heel who was actually a wrestler, so I don't see how that's such an offensive statement.

Bender

This will remain in my sig until The Rock gets his WWE World Heavyweight Championship rematch.

Comment

He was an integral part no doubt, but, umm, no. He'd be fourth in line, in my opinion, after Austin, Vince, and Rock, possibly in that order.

Comment

I don't think she means it the way it's coming across. Obviously Austin defined the Attitude era. HHH was such a constant presence though throughout it's beginning and end. He played a huge part.

Comment

Originally posted by The Champ View Post
                  He was the top heel who was actually a wrestler, so I don't see how that's such an offensive statement.

Of course the usual suspects will have a field day with it, though.
                  Never said it was offensive, just that it holds little water with me considering she's married to the guy... makes me wonder if she'd have a different opinion on who defined the attitude era if she wasn't married to him is all.

Anime Currently Watching

Comment

Originally posted by Lony View Post
                    Never said it was offensive, just that it holds little water with me considering she's married to the guy... makes me wonder if she'd have a different opinion on who defined the attitude era if she wasn't married to him is all.
                    Like Todd said, I don't think she means that he was most important to it than Austin. Eras don't have to be "defined" by just one person.

Bender

This will remain in my sig until The Rock gets his WWE World Heavyweight Championship rematch.

Comment

How about we get her actual statement, then? All we're going by is the report in the first post, which only partially quotes her. Should be a thread-ender here.

“For me the attitude era was a lot of fun,” said Triple H.

“ He almost defined the attitude era,” added McMahon. “He was a huge component of it.”

http://www.forbes.com/sites/johngaud...-fire-burning/
                      So it's good to know she's not entirely crazy and biased. What she said is much closer to truth than what had been implied before. I still stand by what I said earlier, in that he's fourth in line. If that still means almost, she's right.

Comment

Triple H was part of what defined the attitude era, for sure. Not the biggest part by any stretch, but he's up there nonetheless, particularly towards the end.

Comment

HHH I have admitted to being the greatest heel champion in WWE history, but he wasn't the top heel for the Attitude Era. That mantra belongs to the boss!!!

If anyone think that is disputed take out the boss out of storylines from when Bret Hart returned in 1996 all the way to when Ruthless Aggression Era begins and see how much heat the company would have in comparison. A lot of the product falls apart imo.

It's her husband, so it's understandable. It still is nepotism though. I can see she meant HHH is the DEFINITION of the Attitude Era, but that is not what she said.

- - - Updated - - -

Originally posted by TGO View Post
                          How about we get her actual statement, then? All we're going by is the report in the first post, which only partially quotes her. Should be a thread-ender here.
                          Thanks for the assist. I knew it had to be that she meant.
                          Who is the boss? Who made wrestling? Who is sports entertainment?

WRESTLEMANIA 4 LIFE~~

Comment

She said he was a huge component. Which he was.

Really can't be disputed.

Thanks Heteroflexible

Comment

Re: Stephanie Mcmahon: "Triple H almost defined the Attitude Era"

Vince was a bigger heel than HHH, but I think if you take HHH out of 2000 then you're in trouble. He really was the focal point of the product, he was all over every show. He was a key component.

Interesting that the end of the Attitude era boom coincided with HHH getting injured and missing the InVasion angle. Of course, the primary reason that failed was the fact that it sucked. But nevertheless, it's an interesting coincidence.

Comment

Working...
                              X