Vince McMahon Has Lost His Mind

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Vince McMahon Has Lost His Mind

Really, Vince? Heard of the Constitution? Freedom of speech? Really, Vince? Really?

"At Monday’s RAW from Greenville, South Carolina, a fan reportedly held up a “RAW Is Generico” sign and was moved by security, taken from his paid seat to the opposite side of the arena and a seat filler took his seat at ringside. The fan asked security why he was being moved and was told the people running the show didn’t want him sitting there because of his sign.

The fan reportedly asked if they could just take the sign and let him sit at ringside but was told by a security guard that he was about to be kicked out because the people running the show, presumably WWE officials, didn’t want him there. Another guard told the fan that wasn’t correct, they just didn’t want him in front of the camera. Apparently another man who was sitting with the fan also had his seats changed after he was seen holding up a sign related to Ring of Honor."

http://www.prowrestling.com/wwe-repo...e-seats-at-raw

Re: Vince McMahon Has Lost His Mind

Does that not warrant a lawsuit?

Taking away signs is one thing, but actually moving people from seats they paid for?

Bender

This will remain in my sig until The Rock gets his WWE World Heavyweight Championship rematch.

Comment

That's pretty fucked up, if true.

Comment

Originally posted by The Champ View Post
        Does that not warrant a lawsuit?

Taking away signs is one thing, but actually moving people from seats they paid for?

This is exactly what I was thinking.
        Where are PW's legal experts? This seems like, if he doesn't get a refund, he has grounds to sue.....

Comment

Has anyone that's been to events in person seen similar things happen?

When I went to WM24 in Orlando, they inspected all our signs at the gate before entrance.

Comment

I wonder how much this had to do with Jim Ross' rant about "morons and tools". This never happened at the HOF, but a wrestling show.

This isn't something new though the company has been doing this for years now after the Attitude Era was over, but not moving of seats.

Definitely would not have seen this during that time though.
            Who is the boss? Who made wrestling? Who is sports entertainment?

WRESTLEMANIA 4 LIFE~~

Comment

Originally posted by Ace View Post
              Has anyone that's been to events in person seen similar things happen?

When I went to WM24 in Orlando, they inspected all our signs at the gate before entrance.
              When I went to Hell In A Cell, we were moved from the $15 limited view seats to the VIP area on the camera side because the people had been moved/removed/left or something. It wasn't really explained to us, but, HEY, my group got a free upgrade because of it.

sigpic

Comment

I would GUESS there's small print or something somewhere that allows them to do this. If not, you'd probably be able to finagle a lot of freebies out of them by threatening a lawsuit (it wouldn't be worth it for either side to actually go through with a lawsuit).

Comment

The WWE would be stupid not to cover their ass with small print legal mumbo jumbo that you agree to at some point. These companies know no one reads it and they take virtually every right they legally can from you.

Comment

Originally posted by BestInThe205 View Post
                    When I went to Hell In A Cell, we were moved from the $15 limited view seats to the VIP area on the camera side because the people had been moved/removed/left or something. It wasn't really explained to us, but, HEY, my group got a free upgrade because of it.
                    That's completely different from being moved from a seat you paid for because of a sign. Just take the fucking sign, that's just wrong.
                    Originally posted by RT
                    I'm an Ice Cube.

Comment

Originally posted by Ice View Post
                      That's completely different from being moved from a seat you paid for because of a sign. Just take the fucking sign, that's just wrong.
                      Still strange as the sign was about a wrestler in its employ. Of course, it might have to do with the name El Generico. One thing about the 80's I didn't like was acting as if people didn't know wrestler's pasts in other organizations. I understood it though as there was a lot of heat amongst the leagues for top spot and a way to prevent free exposure to the competitor. It was still backwards as fans knew exactly who "Texas Tornado" and "Legion of Doom" were. More backwards was Tony Atlas no selling his past which was IN the company and being called Saba Simba.
                      Who is the boss? Who made wrestling? Who is sports entertainment?

WRESTLEMANIA 4 LIFE~~

Comment

When WWE rents an arena, they pretty much own it for that entire day, hench they can do just about whatever they want. And if certain signs and gestures are not ideal for air time, which once again they've purchased and fully own, then you've gotta play by their rules.

Sorry, people are just going to have to find other ways to be smarky, just not on WWE's dime and time.

Comment

I hate people who hold up large signs since it blocks the people behind them which is why I get why they gotta sometimes crack down on taking away signs but to move the person is so fucking lame.
                          Currently Playing:
                          Cosmic Star Heroine(PS4), Rocket League(PS4), Steins;Gate 0(PS4)

Comment

Originally posted by Blindy View Post
                            I hate people who hold up large signs since it blocks the people behind them which is why I get why they gotta sometimes crack down on taking away signs but to move the person is so fucking lame.
                            That's not why they do it, though. They're perfectly fine with people's views being blocked by signs supporting The Rock and John Cena, just not signs that are supporting something that they're not pushing.

Originally posted by Mr. Hustle View Post
                            When WWE rents an arena, they pretty much own it for that entire day, hench they can do just about whatever they want. And if certain signs and gestures are not ideal for air time, which once again they've purchased and fully own, then you've gotta play by their rules.

Sorry, people are just going to have to find other ways to be smarky, just not on WWE's dime and time.
                            I think we all understand that, hence why no one would have really cared had they simply confiscated the sign.

Depriving people of seats they paid for is clearly over the line, though.

Bender

This will remain in my sig until The Rock gets his WWE World Heavyweight Championship rematch.

Comment

Originally posted by Mr. Hustle View Post

WWE isn't the only entity that paid for access to the arena. Fans pay money too. If I pay for a seat and am forced to move to another one over a stupid reason like this, I'd have every right to be pissed and probably wouldn't go to another show again. The sign wansn't obscene. People have brought Benoit signs, swastikas, and shit like that and those made it on air. Getting static for a sign supporting a wrestler the WWE employs is ridiculous. Being forced to move from a paid seat over it is even more ridiculous. Besides, the fan offered up the sign and they refused that. They basically forced him to move because reasons. That's not right any way you slice it. And to be told that they don't want you in front of the camera is just fucking bullshit. I'd have been pissed and would've complained to any superior I could find.

Comment

Working...
                              X