When John Cena Wins The Belt...

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• When John Cena Wins The Belt...

...What feud do you look forward to happening?

I think a feud with Mark Henry could be great. It would be new and fresh. They could milk a couple of months out of that one. Have the first PPV match end in DQ or a No Contest and then have Henry destroy Cena after the match and cause some internal bleeding and/or taped ribs leading to the rematch, where Cena manages to overcome him. An alternate idea is having Henry take the belt in the first match and injure Cena for a few months, ala Earthquake taking out Hogan in 1991 (which had kids crying back then, too) and then having Cena come back and win it in the big comeback match later.

A face/face encounter with Ryback that ends with Ryback taking the belt could be neat if they built Ryback up to have some sort of aura but I'm afraid they've made him a choke artist by having him lose every big match he's had to date. I'm not even sure if a victory over The Shield in some capacity will make much difference.

Another idea is to toss a midcard/upper-midcard heel in there with him for a month. Sometimes, it's cool to test the waters by putting someone in a title match even though they're clearly not ready for a world title run, but it's a way of seeing how the audience react to them in that situation. See Austin (against Undertaker) at Cold Day In Hell 1997 or Cena himself (against Brock) at Backlash 2003 or Jericho winning the belt from Triple H in April of 2000 as examples. Or Ryback last year at HIAC, though they were kinda forced into that one. Throw someone like Damien Sandow in there with Cena for the belt for a month just to see how people react to it. Could even do a false finish where it looks like Sandow just won the belt (just so fans can see what it looks like to see Sandow holding the belt) only to restart the match and have Cena retain. There's reports of Vince wanting to see Sandow in the main event scene sooner than later anyway.

Those are just a few ideas.

Re: When John Cena Wins The Belt...

How would a DQ finish happen at Extreme Rules?

Comment

I wouldn't mind a Mark Henry/Cena feud. Eventually I'd like a Ryback v Cena with Ryback going over, hopefully that can really establish him as a star.

Comment

Originally posted by Jake View Post
        How would a DQ finish happen at Extreme Rules?
        I didn't mean that the match would have to happen right away the next month. I assume Cena will have the belt most of the year, so there's plenty of time later on.

Comment

I would like to see Cena vs. Ryback, Cena vs. one of the Shield members, Cena building Cody Rhodes back up, and I am sure Cena and Punk will find their way back to each other.

Thanks JV for the artwork!!

Comment

Thread title is interesting. No intrigue I guess for Mania's main event.
            Who is the boss? Who made wrestling? Who is sports entertainment?

WRESTLEMANIA 4 LIFE~~

Comment

Originally posted by Vince Mcmahon View Post
              Thread title is interesting. No intrigue I guess for Mania's main event.
              As the saying goes, it's a fait de complet at this point.

Comment

Originally posted by Darkmania View Post
                As the saying goes, it's a fait de complet at this point.
                Yeah, I have to agree with others the only saving grace right now is for the two to try to make a classic. I mean if little kids believe Cena is winning I have seen other places as they say he always wins title matches.
                Who is the boss? Who made wrestling? Who is sports entertainment?

WRESTLEMANIA 4 LIFE~~

Comment

Originally posted by Vince Mcmahon View Post
                  Yeah, I have to agree with others the only saving grace right now is for the two to try to make a classic. I mean if little kids believe Cena is winning I have seen other places as they say he always wins title matches.
                  Not that I think there is even a chance of this happening, however it would be quite the twist if Cena lost this one.

Comment

I don't think Cena could take a second clean loss to Rock without drastically altering his character afterwards.

Bender

This will remain in my sig until The Rock gets his WWE World Heavyweight Championship rematch.

Comment

I have already said a Mark Henry Cena fued seems like the best option. Henry is on that level IMO.

Comment

Originally posted by Champ View Post
                        I don't think Cena could take a second clean loss to Rock without drastically altering his character afterwards.
                        Yep, that would be the only way. I remember a scenerio some posters presented last year that went something like the Rock wins, Cena beats him up so bad after the match that Cena turns heel and the Rock is so 'injured' he has to forfeit the title.

I would bet though on the "Cena wins, Rock shakes his hand" scenerio.

Comment

Cena/Henry could be the Feud of the Year. I am completely serious. Henry could be the Andre to Cena's Hogan. I want a half-year long feud in which Cena drops the title to Henry and wins it back in a Cell or Last Man Standing Match.

Comment

Cena/Henry would be awesome, IMO. The WWE needs to book this at some point in the next 6 months.
                            Thanks too Fresh Prince

Comment

Originally posted by Coolstuff View Post
                              Cena/Henry would be awesome, IMO. The WWE needs to book this at some point in the next 6 months.
                              Yeah they is not many guys on the roster. Who are on the WWE championships level.
                              Out off the roster Brock Rock Cena Punk Ryback and Henry are the only wwe championship contenders IMO

Comment

Working...
                              X