Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

No Smackdown! Party?! The World's Strongest Man is in the ring, so you best show up!

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• No Smackdown! Party?! The World's Strongest Man is in the ring, so you best show up!

Henry and Orton hooking up! What I love about Orton is that he lays down for good talent. That's how a top star should be.

Re: No Smackdown! Party?! The World's Strongest Man is in the ring, so you best show

I checked in on Smackdown. Henry match. I'll check back in later when something good is happening.

Comment

Re: No Smackdown! Party?! The World's Strongest Man is in the ring, so you best show

Raw recap next! Yay!

Bender

This will remain in my sig until The Rock gets his WWE World Heavyweight Championship rematch.

Comment

Originally posted by merle View Post
        I checked in on Smackdown. Henry match. I'll check back in later when something good is happening.
        Ah, come on, Merle. The man is the most convincing beast in the company. But I know you don't like him, so agree to disagree.

Regarding the Henry/Orton match, I think it was a fantastic ending and Henry came off looking strong despite not getting a pin. That's how you book a smoz without stripping a monster of him momentum.

Originally posted by Champ View Post
        Raw recap next! Yay!
        I could so very much do without the Raw recaps, except on very exceptional circumstances.

HERNY!

DON'T HURT STRIKER....

(well, go ahead, Henry - hurt him, because you do it so well)

That's not enough to stop you, Henry. I think they'll have to call in First Blood Part II John Rambo if they want to stop you.

Comment

Layla needs to lose the blonde hair. Badly.

Bender

This will remain in my sig until The Rock gets his WWE World Heavyweight Championship rematch.

Comment

Originally posted by Mercury View Post
            Ah, come on, Merle. The man is the most convincing beast in the company. But I know you don't like him, so agree to disagree.
            Fair enough. I've never been a fan of his but alot of that has to do with the "Worlds Strongest Man" schtick (which is not his fault, the E pushed it and the announcers overdo it). It just bothers me because he was hyped to the moon by the U.S. Olympic committee in the 1996 olympics and he Dan and Dave'd it up! Despite failing to medal, he still came into the E billed as The World's Strongest man. That just always bothered me.

I agree that Layla looks better as a brunette.

Fandango! I'm not expecting this gimmick to last long.

Comment

Originally posted by Champ View Post
              Layla needs to lose the blonde hair. Badly.
              Agreed. Doesn't suit her. She is gorgeous as is, and I can't help but be charmed by her. She seems naturally sweet and down to earth, and what a delightful smile she has.

Comment

Oddly, I was not a fan of Layla during the Diva Search. Now I absolutely adore that woman.

JBL has never seen that counter before? Didn't Tamina use that recently? Didn't Finlay use it all the time? I still love JBL on commentary though.

Comment

Fair enough. I've never been a fan of his but alot of that has to do with the "Worlds Strongest Man" schtick (which is not his fault, the E pushed it and the announcers overdo it). It just bothers me because he was hyped to the moon by the U.S. Olympic committee in the 1996 olympics and he Dan and Dave'd it up! Despite failing to medal, he still came into the E billed as The World's Strongest man. That just always bothered me.

I agree that Layla looks better as a brunette.

Fandango! I'm not expecting this gimmick to last long.
                  Certainly. But the WWE, as you eluded to, has a tendency to embellish. However, prior to the Olympics bust, Henry was legitimately one of the strongest men in the world. Didn't he win some major powerlifting events? I know he got inducted into the first class of Swarchenegger's Hall of Fame. I remember watching a Nightline segment dedicated to Henry back when he was hyped for the Olympics.

Comment

What on earth are you talking about? He has a legitimate claim to the name - he was being called the WSM before he even came to WWE. Just look at all the records he still holds (the two highest raw powerlifting scores of all time etc.) And the reason he didn't medal at the Atlanta Olympics was because he got injured.

Comment

Oddly, I was not a fan of Layla during the Diva Search. Now I absolutely adore that woman.

JBL has never seen that counter before? Didn't Tamina use that recently? Didn't Finlay use it all the time? I still love JBL on commentary though.
                      He was simply brilliant during Del Rio's championship victory over show. That's a perfect example of how a commentator can elevate a great moment into a legendary one.

Comment

Oh, Henry is a beast and obviously a very powerful man but the whole story of how he was a bust in the olympics left a bad taste in my mouth. It's a long story but it boils down to the fact that he wouldn't train with the olympic trainers, did his own thing and came into the olympics weaker than he was in trials. I know, I should let it go. But for some reason I know the horse is dead but I keep beat..... let me rephrase that.... I continue to club it.

Comment

Originally posted by hr View Post
                          What on earth are you talking about? He has a legitimate claim to the name - he was being called the WSM before he even came to WWE. Just look at all the records he still holds (the two highest raw powerlifting scores of all time etc.) And the reason he didn't medal at the Atlanta Olympics was because he got injured.
                          He screwed himself in 1996. Maybe he got hurt in 1992, but 1996 was on him. And a lot of his powerlifting championships were in their infancy and not pulling in the top talent in the world when he won them, like Schwareneggers.

Comment

Man, I love seeing Rock on SMACKdoowwwwwnnnnnnnnnn!

And I love when he gives a tough, to the point promo.

Oh, Henry is a beast and obviously a very powerful man but the whole story of how he was a bust in the olympics left a bad taste in my mouth. It's a long story but it boils down to the fact that he wouldn't train with the olympic trainers, did his own thing and came into the olympics weaker than he was in trials. I know, I should let it go. But for some reason I know the horse is dead but I keep beat..... let me rephrase that.... I continue to club it.
                            Though I'm obviously a Henry fan, I truly think you should because I strongly feel that his beastly run toward and with the WHC is one of the best stories wrestling has produced in several years.

Comment

In my opinion that was a great promo by Rock.

Comment

Working...
                              X