Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Brock Lesnar vs The Undertaker (Wrestlemania 29)

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Brock Lesnar vs The Undertaker (Wrestlemania 29)

After thinking about it this is the only logicial match up. I think Cena/Taker should be at Wrestlemania 30 and if Taker decides to retire then he should do the job. Cena has said several times he's in this for the long haul, especially after his divorce. I have no problem seeing that.

However, for THIS YEAR....I don't care what the dirt sheets say about Lesnar's style being too physical for Taker, I think it's gotta happen. HHH needs to sit this one out in my opinion. Put his ego to the side...let the rematch happen at SummerSlam.

This, along with the Rock/Cena II of course, would sell Wrestlemania.

And the WWE production MUST use this to hype up the Mania showdown.

Re: Brock Lesnar vs The Undertaker (Wrestlemania 29)

Don't know if Vince would want to show viewers his mythical Taker out of character...He's protective of that gimmick. Good match though if it were to happen.

Comment

I don't think WWE needs to use that footage for a good buildup for Lesnar vs Taker. Its Undertaker out of character and it wouldn't really work.

As for Undertaker doing the job in his final match, I disagree. Undertaker should never lose at WrestleMania. That's his thing, its how he's gonna be remembered by fans. Imagine how many DVDs the WWE can sell after he retires undefeated at WrestleMania. If he loses at Mania the WWE loses the opportunity to market his undeteated at WM compilation which I am looking forward to owning.

Banner Credit: Spike

Comment

I think UT/Brock should be the match at Mania and I stated it since Mania ended last year unless it was going to be Taker/Cena. I'm not too sure about using this footage in the video packages to hype the match though.
        Who is the boss? Who made wrestling? Who is sports entertainment?

WRESTLEMANIA 4 LIFE~~

Comment

Taker is pretty cool in that clip. The bigger question is, is Taker growing his hair back this year or are we getting the shorter do again?

But yeah, I am totally for Taker vs. Brock at WM.

Thanks JV for the artwork!!

Comment

Originally posted by The Model View Post
            This, along with the Rock/Cena II of course, would sell Wrestlemania.
            Then what does Punk do?

Bender

This will remain in my sig until The Rock gets his WWE World Heavyweight Championship rematch.

Comment

Agree that they shouldn't show that confrontation because Taker is out of character there... Weird for WWE to do that as a way of trying to build hype for the match.

I would love to see this match, because Brock would make a great addition to the streak but with Rock/Cena, where does Punk fit in? He deserve to be in one of the top two matches. The only way I see him fitting in Rock/Cena in a triple threat is if he walks in as champion, and that means beating the Rock at the Rumble, and I don't see that happening.

Comment

Well, Ryback still hasn't got a win over CM Punk. Of course, Punk fans won't like the idea of Punk losing at Mania to Ryback.

I also think the company would be more concerned about having the money matches with the draws of Rock, Lesnar, Cena, and Taker over what Punk would do. Not saying it's right, but understandable. Of course, then another question pops up what would HHH be doing?
                Who is the boss? Who made wrestling? Who is sports entertainment?

WRESTLEMANIA 4 LIFE~~

Comment

Triple H would be a good opponent assuming Punk goes over, which I slightly doubt because it means HHH loses his last three matches. I would still be interested in Punk vowing to end Taker's streak as a way of him saying that after coming off losing his record title reign, he's gonna top it by accomplishing something bigger, and that's taking Taker's streak. It has a nice backstory to it. But I don't wanna see HHH/Brock again, which is sure to happen if Punk gets to fight Taker.

Comment

why do people want to see taker vs lesnar so badly...

1) the buildup and promos would be terrible
                    2)the outcome would be predictable

although I suppose hhh vs lesnar wouldn't be much better... I'd rather HHH face some rookie like antonio or wade, Lesnar face Sheamus, and taker can face whoever and add another tally for his wrestlemania streak..

Comment

Originally posted by TheKliq View Post
                      2)the outcome would be predictable
                      That applies to almost any Undertaker WrestleMania match.

Bender

This will remain in my sig until The Rock gets his WWE World Heavyweight Championship rematch.

Comment

My dream card right now is Lesnar vs Taker, Rock vs Cena vs Punk, HHH vs The Shield

Comment

Originally posted by Champ View Post
                          That applies to almost any Undertaker WrestleMania match.
                          yes I know.. that is why i would rather see him face someone who I don't care about.

Comment

WWE will never use that footage to build up a Brock vs Undertaker match,because Taker never breaks out of character on WWE programming.He doesn't even appear at the HOF induction ceremony.He is backstage of course,but they never show him,because Taker in a suit sitting in the front row would be him breaking kayfabe,something he never does on WWE.If he was to return to his American Badass/Big Evil gimmick,they could use it,but there is no chance of that happening(when they hinted that idea to Vince a few years ago,he rejected it immediately and not very politely).

Comment

I go in the camp of saying that the streak should never be broken, but I balance that by saying we don't need Taker at Manaia with his 15 minute entrances to the ring.
                              As for Lesnar vs Taker, I can't see it happening, they don't like each other so Lesnar is unlikely to job and there is no way in hell the WWE is going to blow the streak on a part timer with no significant history.

Comment

Working...
                              X