Vacating the belt!

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Vacating the belt!

What if punk gets his tittle stripped from him at the rumble?

He doesn't lose which means he can bitch and moan which would fit into his character and the belt can be put up at the elimination chamber!

And the rock can win it there which is a bit of a twist what do you think?

Re: Vacating the belt!

If Punk gets stripped, they will probably give it to Rock at RR. I doubt Rock will compete in the Chamber. I do think Rock is gonna be Champion after the Rumble.

Comment

Originally posted by Westy316 View Post
      What if punk gets his tittle stripped from him at the rumble?

He doesn't lose which means he can bitch and moan which would fit into his character and the belt can be put up at the elimination chamber!

And the rock can win it there which is a bit of a twist what do you think?
      After all his bragging of the reign, it has to end with somebody beating him resulting in a huge moment and hopefully a hot rematch. Anything less than that would be garbage.

Comment

It certainly is a possibility that we hear Punk saying "I was never beat" for a good chunk of 2013. The other option I have thought of is that the WM 29 mainevent is a 3 way with Punk vs. Rock vs. Cena and Cena wins by pinning the Rock. Again Punk can walk around and say "I was never beat."

Thanks JV for the artwork!!

Comment

Vince said if the Shield interfears then punk is stripped. What about a returning Lesnar? Would set up Rock/Brock perfectly with Punk being in the WWE title match.

Comment

All this stipulation has been added for is to provide a logical reason for the Shield not getting involved in the match.

What does it tell us? The Rock is winning.

Comment

Originally posted by Todd View Post
              All this stipulation has been added for is to provide a logical reason for the Shield not getting involved in the match.

Likely, and my second place vote would go to a returning Brock Lesnar. Heyman must have something up his sleeve.

Thanks JV for the artwork!!

Comment

I don't like the idea of seeing a reign of this length end in a vacated title. I'd rather see an upset (like Santino over Umaga) or quick win like (Diesel over Backlund) than simply seeing Vince come out and say "That's it, you're not champ anymore." That would be very unfulfilling to me.

Comment

Originally posted by Todd View Post

As Darkmania said, it's either Rock is winning or Lesnar is interfering.

I'd like the latter because it could mean we get a better WrestleMania card than the one rumored, but I'm not holding my breath.

Bender

This will remain in my sig until The Rock gets his WWE World Heavyweight Championship rematch.

Comment

Why wouldn't Punk win outright and prove he is really the best in the world? I was thinking Rock would win but now that WWE pulled the red herring of "you have interference you lose the title" that would was always code for Flair keeping the NWA Title clean, I am pretty sure Punk is winning.

When I was younger I liked vacating the title for these stipulations but it has to make sense, be a double pin like the Breakdown match in 98 and not telegraph it by saying you do X, your title is suspended. IMO have it over a legit thing such as injury, suspension or double pins...

Comment

Originally posted by Champ View Post
                      As Darkmania said, it's either Rock is winning or Lesnar is interfering.

I'd like the latter because it could mean we get a better WrestleMania card than the one rumored, but I'm not holding my breath.
                      In agreement on this.

Originally posted by MKPunk View Post
                      Why wouldn't Punk win outright and prove he is really the best in the world? I was thinking Rock would win but now that WWE pulled the red herring of "you have interference you lose the title" that would was always code for Flair keeping the NWA Title clean, I am pretty sure Punk is winning.

When I was younger I liked vacating the title for these stipulations but it has to make sense, be a double pin like the Breakdown match in 98 and not telegraph it by saying you do X, your title is suspended. IMO have it over a legit thing such as injury, suspension or double pins...
                      All true as it could still end up with Punk carrying the strap into Mania and lose it in NY/NJ the same area where he won the belt in 2011. The only problem I see with this is that if Rock doesn't dethrone him the drama would not be the same unless it was someone like Taker. Cena would have been good, but I think having the match on ppv just a few months ago hurts its drawing power as some would complain its a rematch. A triple threat is still possible too.

I also think the company only vacates the title if absolutely necessary even in storylines. In 1988 it happened because the title had to come off Hogan in a dubious fashion to keep his heat as he was leaving. On paper I could see why the tourney idea looked good as a follow up to Mania III as there was no way that event was getting topped.

Then 10 years later when Rock got the title at Deadly Games it was to further the Austin/boss angle and really press forward with the WWF Corporate and PR champion over the rattlesnake. It made sense.

With Flair it was done to get the title off Hogan without having him lose to Ric Flair. It was also a way to get the audience to see vintage Flair as the 60 minute man winning the Rumble and title.
                      Last edited by Vince Mcmahon; 01-24-2013, 12:49 AM.
                      Who is the boss? Who made wrestling? Who is sports entertainment?

WRESTLEMANIA 4 LIFE~~

Comment

No, it would be a crap way to end Punk's historical reign. Also, what would be the point of stripping him and then putting the belt up for grabs in the chamber match? Punk would still end up getting pinned, and the fact that he could use having to fight several people in the chamber at once as an excuse wouldn't make much of a difference. All The Shield stipulation means is that Rock is either winning, or the casuals get shocked when the match results in interference anyway, but because Heyman calls upon Brock to help Punk retain, setting up Rock/Brock for Wrestlemania.

It's funny 'cause I had the same idea for the Rumble, only Vince tells Punk and Heyman that if ANY WWE employee interferes, they will be fired and Punk will be stripped. The catch is, Brock isn't an employee and thus can't be fired (he got fired when he attacked HHH and only came back because HHH laid down the challenge) and thus Punk can't be stripped either. I would be fine with either scenario because Rock/Brock would mean we're not getting Rock/Cena again, but at the same time, I kinda want to see Rock win the belt again.

Comment

You know what, I do want Rock to be champ, I really do. But what if Punk actually wins by himself? Punk is very talented in the ring, and has some good moves. He's has his title for 400 plus days. It's not like he's not going to fight. Remember at RAW 1000? Punk knocked out Rock with the G.T.S. If he does that at the Rumble, and gets the 3 count, Punk could still be champion at RAW Roulette. We all want Rock to win, (including myself), but don't count out the very talented CM Punk! He could do this.

Comment

Punk retains then Triple threat at Mania
                            It doesn't get better than that.. Unless we find a way to incorporate bacon.

Comment

I like bacon
                              How to win the WWE title
                              BEST AVATAR IN THE WORLD!
                              The winner of Summerfest!'s Signature Face-Off!
                              Thanks to all who give rep

Comment

Working...
                              X