Supposedly The Reason Why Big Show Dropped the World Title to ADR

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Supposedly The Reason Why Big Show Dropped the World Title to ADR

There's been a lot of speculation as to why Alberto Del Rio was made World Heavyweight Champion, but the real story behind the scenes is that Big Show could not come to terms with WWE on a new contract. Since Big Show's contract was running out, WWE Chairman Vince McMahon made the decision to crown Del Rio the new champion. At the time of the taping in Miami, that was actually considered potentially to be Big Show's last match in WWE. Later in the week, the company and Big Show came to terms, and he hasn't missed any shows.

We heard from one source on the writing team that the company was very angry the negotiations went all the way to the breaking point, but now that Del Rio has been crowned champion "the plans have changed, as Del Rio is the focus of the show going forward."
    http://www.wrestlezone.com/news/2667...shows-contract

From WrestleZone, so take that for what it's worth. Makes sense since he did come back around this time in 2008, so if he signed a four year contract it would run out soon. Surprised we didn't hear about it sooner. Also surprised they gave him the World Title without securing him first.

Re: Supposedly The Reason Why Big Show Dropped the World Title to ADR

Originally posted by Stefan View Post
    http://www.wrestlezone.com/news/2667...shows-contract

From WrestleZone, so take that for what it's worth. Makes sense since he did come back around this time in 2008, so if he signed a four year contract it would run out soon. Surprised we didn't hear about it sooner. Also surprised they gave him the World Title without securing him first.
    That's a good point about 2008. Vince has had some trouble as of late with contract negotiating.

Comment

Everything has to be discovered without keeping some mystery I guess.
      Who is the boss? Who made wrestling? Who is sports entertainment?

WRESTLEMANIA 4 LIFE~~

Comment

Big Show's iron-clad contract ran out? Iron-clad contracts don't run out, do they? I can see why Big Show would be annoyed at that.

Comment

Originally posted by Emperor View Post
          Big Show's iron-clad contract ran out? Iron-clad contracts don't run out, do they? I can see why Big Show would be annoyed at that.
          He needs to get David Otunga to check that out.

Comment

I was told that the network didn't like having a overweight man as there champion and really pushed WWE to have a champion that was skinner and more fit.

Comment

Johnny Ace is so inept, he gave Big Show an iron clad contract that ran out in 6 months.

Originally posted by TJ Wyoming
              Maybe so, but at least I'm not a fucking loser. You and your country is our bitch! Been that way for a couple of centuries. And Canada (technically part of your "empire") is our bitch which makes Owens our bitch. Deal with it.
              Don't worry, he's only making PW great again

Comment

Show dropping the title the way he did makes more sense to me now.

Props to surrender for the great banner.

Comment

Originally posted by Aaron View Post
                  He needs to get David Otunga to check that out.
                  Definitely. Otunga is a Harvard-graduated lawyer and is undefeated in court! He will stomp a mudhole in the WWE's lawyers. Then he will get fired.

Comment

I'm just happy ADR is champion. I never was a fan of big show..even when he was in WCW

Thank you Surrender!!!
                    Voted Co-Most Underrated Nerdery Poster of 2014 (With Raven*)
                    If prowrestling were fake, it would make every fan in the history of the sport a complete & utter moron - Monty Burns

Comment

Big Show ended up resigning...so why would they strip him anyway? He's been with the company for ages, could they not trust him?

Its why I don't know about this article.
                      Currently Playing:
                      Cosmic Star Heroine(PS4), Rocket League(PS4), Steins;Gate 0(PS4)

Comment

Originally posted by Blindy View Post
                        Big Show ended up resigning...so why would they strip him anyway? He's been with the company for ages, could they not trust him?

Its why I don't know about this article.
                        Because he hadn't signed when they stripped him. And it's not about trust, if your contract is up then you're allowed to leave, period. Eve just did the exact same thing.

That said, it is from WrestleZone, so if it hasn't been reported elsewhere, it should be taken lightly.

Bender

This will remain in my sig until The Rock gets his WWE World Heavyweight Championship rematch.

Comment

Originally posted by Champ View Post
                          Because he hadn't signed when they stripped him. And it's not about trust, if your contract is up then you're allowed to leave, period. Eve just did the exact same thing.

That said, it is from WrestleZone, so if it hasn't been reported elsewhere, it should be taken lightly.
                          Show ended up returning though...so give him the belt back? Should have waited until the Rumble.

That being said I guess ADR's title reign has more potential than what Show's did....that and Zigs at any minute could cash it in on the face ADR.
                          Currently Playing:
                          Cosmic Star Heroine(PS4), Rocket League(PS4), Steins;Gate 0(PS4)

Comment

I think we will see Big Show defeat ADR for the title fairly soon. Maybe at the Rumble or early February.

Banner Credit: Spike

Comment

Originally posted by Blindy View Post
                              Show ended up returning though...so give him the belt back? Should have waited until the Rumble.

That being said I guess ADR's title reign has more potential than what Show's did....that and Zigs at any minute could cash it in on the face ADR.
                              If his contract was up before the Rumble, how could they have waited until the Rumble?

Bender

This will remain in my sig until The Rock gets his WWE World Heavyweight Championship rematch.

Comment

Working...
                              X