WWE Signs All-American Wrestler

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• WWE Signs All-American Wrestler

"PWInsider is reporting that WWE has signed Clayton Jack, an NCAA All-American wrestler from Oregon State University to a three year developmental deal.

Jack was scouted last year by Gerald Brisco and at the time he was offered a deal after attending a tryout in Tampa. Jack however turned that deal down at the time to finish his education. Now that Jack is done, he is accepting the standing offer.

The website for the University's wrestling team announced the signing and featured quotes from Jack."

The guy seems semi-knowledgeable about the business, has an amateur background, decent look, and good size.

Thoughts?

sigpic

Re: WWE Signs All-American Wrestler

Ahh the WWE's backup if Swagger bails or they end up fucking him up for the ____th time.
    Currently Playing:
    Cosmic Star Heroine(PS4), Rocket League(PS4), Steins;Gate 0(PS4)

Comment

They don't even know how to use the All-American American they currently have, do they really need another All-American.

Banner Credit: Surrender
      Made Nerdery Moderator - April 21st, 2015

Anime Currently Watching
      Dragon Ball Super, Pokemon Sun & Moon

Comment

Originally posted by Blindy View Post
        Ahh the WWE's backup if Swagger bails or they end up fucking him up for the ____th time.
        87th, I believe.

sigpic

Comment

Oh good maybe they can misuse him like they did Swagger.

Spoiler

*Many thanks to the amazing surrender for my banner*
          #TeamAuthority
          R.E.A.L

Comment

If he gets signed. He should keep his real name as a ring name. Clayton Jack sounds real badass. Or at worse, call him "Billy Jack Clayton."

Still My Champ
            Thanks, surrender.

Comment

Any one got a pic of this fellow?

Banner Credit: Spike

Comment

I just googled him and he looks Jack Swagger-ish

Banner Credit: Spike

Comment

An all american wrestler is never a bad thing. We at the very least will get good matches out of the dude. If you're into that sorta thing.
                  Originally posted by RT
                  I'm an Ice Cube.

Comment

I still don't see why they don't sign Jordan Burroughs from last year's Olympics. Takes the piss out of Angle so that he can't legally call himself "Professional Wrestling's Only Olympic Gold Medalist," and he has a built-in catchphrase. "All I see is Gold."

Comment

I'd be interested in more shoot style wrestlers/characters in the WWE. Clayton Jack is pretty damn good. Oregan State has one of the best wrestling programs in the country, so of course he's got the chops.

Would love to see WWE bring in more guys like this, maybe Kyle Dake. He's not real big but he's a fucking amazing grappler. Three time NCAA champion at three different weight classes. He wrestled a match against David Taylor from Penn State and the event drew a crowd of 3,376. That's a really big crowd for a college wrestling match. They were a hot crowd too from the reports I've read.

Pretty good sign that WWE is still interested in real wrestlers.

Comment

Yeah seeing that Brock Lesnar years later is still one of the biggest stars since the ending of the Attitude Era I don't know why the trend didn't continue. Kurt Angle was a solid hand too, but is only gone because the company doesn't want another Benoit situation with America's Gold Medal athlete. That would be a PR nightmare although if anything still happens the wwe is still going to be on the hook since that is where his biggest fame came from in the media's eyes.

The signing of models in the divas divsion must be awakening some eyes that the company needs people who are really into actual wrestling.
                        Who is the boss? Who made wrestling? Who is sports entertainment?

WRESTLEMANIA 4 LIFE~~

Comment

Working...
                        X