Raw 1/7 is Enormous Success

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Raw 1/7 is Enormous Success

The figures are in for the 1/7 Raw and it's very good news for WWE. Despite directly opposing the BCS Championship game, they managed an average viewership 4.42m, the highest average viewership since the 8/27 show. Hour one drew 4.29m, the highest hour one since the post-Hell in a Cell show. Hour two drew 4.32m - this is fantastic for WWE because the game was well under way and still competitive at this point, they would not have expected a rise on hour one. Hour three (helped by the fact that the game was a blow-out) drew a 4.65, the first hour three to have the highest average viewership of the show since it went to three hours. It was also the highest hour three since the second three-hour show on 7/30.

For ratings figures to be higher than they have been in months, across the board, while opposing a college football game that by all accounts draws the same audience as wrestling and drew a 14.0 rating, this show is an unbelievable success for WWE. They now have a platform to build from with the 20th Anniversary next week. These are exciting times.

Re: Raw 1/7 is Enormous Success

Not exactly surprising that The Rock drew, but still impressive considering their competition.

Bender

This will remain in my sig until The Rock gets his WWE World Heavyweight Championship rematch.

Comment

Great, besides the jobbing matches with 3MB it was a fantastic show!

Comment

is there an average rating number? not in millions...
        great numbers, Rock's return acomplished exactly what vince wanted to acomplish

Comment

If I may inject of a bit cynicism.

It's just about Wrestlemania Season, which is known as the one part of the year where WWE really, really tries really hard to put on the best shows possible. It's nice to see that it is coming in returns.

I just worry what will they do when Rock isn't around, if that even matters anymore. I don't think it does.
          Originally posted by mx518
          he's one of the biggest smarks on this board and epitomizes everything that a smark actually is.
          No, it's just called being realistic; I never thought I'd see DJM join the dark side.
          NOBODY PUTS BABY IN A CORNER!

Comment

I'm giving the credit to Cesaro and Khali.

"There are two novels that can change a bookish fourteen-year old's life: The Lord of the Rings and Atlas Shrugged. One is a childish fantasy that often engenders a lifelong obsession with its unbelievable heroes, leading to an emotionally stunted, socially crippled adulthood, unable to deal with the real world. The other, of course, involves orcs."

Comment

Hopefully, the ratings can stay at this level or go up from here till atleat Wrestlemania.
              surrender

First Ever PW Heavyweight Champion!

Comment

Great news, but it's not a shocker considering The Rock was there.

Comment

The numbers probably could have been better if they didn't hold off on Rock until 10:58.

Banner Credit: Spike

Comment

I'll give The Rock props for most of this weeks ratings. However, a TLC match between Ryback and CM Punk has been advertised and hyped for quite a while. I'd like to think that match helped bring in some viewers who usually flip channels or skip parts of the show.

Comment

Shite. This means that they'll think three hours works.

Comment

Originally posted by Crippler View Post
                        Shite. This means that they'll think three hours works.
                        They weren't going to change it back anyway.

Bender

This will remain in my sig until The Rock gets his WWE World Heavyweight Championship rematch.

Comment

Good show. It also goes to show the merit of hyping shit up well in advance instead of announcing everything the night the show airs.

Originally posted by TJ Wyoming
                          Maybe so, but at least I'm not a fucking loser. You and your country is our bitch! Been that way for a couple of centuries. And Canada (technically part of your "empire") is our bitch which makes Owens our bitch. Deal with it.
                          Don't worry, he's only making PW great again

Comment

Originally posted by Falcone View Post
                            Good show. It also goes to show the merit of hyping shit up well in advance instead of announcing everything the night the show airs.
                            Do you think that includes Smackdown Spoilers?
                            he's one of the biggest smarks on this board and epitomizes everything that a smark actually is.
                            No, it's just called being realistic; I never thought I'd see DJM join the dark side.
                            NOBODY PUTS BABY IN A CORNER!

Comment

I didn't say hyping up results.

They hyped up the 1 Hour Ironman Match against HHH & Benoit 2 weeks in advance, they gave fans time to get pumped, and IIRC, it paid off. It's a practice that they did all the way back in the golden days, and only abandoned around 2006/2007 where they decided that hyping stuff up in advance was overrated.

Hell, they hyped up the TLC Match on RAW in advance, so it shows a return to form.

Originally posted by TJ Wyoming
                              Maybe so, but at least I'm not a fucking loser. You and your country is our bitch! Been that way for a couple of centuries. And Canada (technically part of your "empire") is our bitch which makes Owens our bitch. Deal with it.
                              Don't worry, he's only making PW great again

Comment

Working...
                              X