Undertaker's Wrestlemania Match...idea for new opponent

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Undertaker's Wrestlemania Match...idea for new opponent

So we know Undertaker is wrestling now and has pitched an opponent to WWE. It could be Rock, CM Punk, Cena, Orton, Brock, or even Kane. But I think there is one wrestler who is always left out of the picture who could give Undertaker a really great match and surprise some people. That man is none other than Captain Charisma, Christian. Christian is a seasoned veteran who is a great worker in the ring, as he showed in his great feud with Orton last year. Put in a high profile situation with Undertaker, I think he could thrive. I know it's not the "money match", but with Cena, Brock, Rock, Punk, and Orton on the card and possibly Triple H, it's got plenty of drawing power. Then they can have the big money Cena vs Taker match, or Brock vs Taker, or whatever they choose at the big wrestlemania 30. But Christian and Taker have never feuded which would make it completely new and fresh, and I believe the quality of the match would be amazing! They've had one 1 on 1 match ever and it ended in dq. I think it'd be a shocking choice, but also really fun. Thoughts?

Re: Undertaker's Wrestlemania Match...idea for new opponent

I'd love to see Christian face Undertaker...it would probably be a great match, but the fact is that Wrestlemania is all about the money match. Whoever Undertaker faces at WM will be a much bigger name (to the casual fan) than Christian.

Comment

The guy held the WHC for five days.

They would never be able to sell him as a legit threat.

Bender

This will remain in my sig until The Rock gets his WWE World Heavyweight Championship rematch.

Comment

You know what I would love to see The Undertaker do at Wrestlemania? Run the Gauntlet. Have 6 or 7 guys compete in it to test Taker's will against consistently fresh guys. It could be an interesting twist to his streak.

Still My Champ
        Thanks, surrender.

Comment

Originally posted by Champ View Post
          The guy held the WHC for five days.

They would never be able to sell him as a legit threat.
          At this point, does anyone really think anyone is a legit threat? I'd like to think Punk has a shot this year, or one of the other guys, but i Don't think anyone does except Cena. I think Christian and he can sell this on the mic and have a great match! I do see what you're saying though. I just think he's been underrated his whole career and it's a bummer.

Comment

Originally posted by CM Punk'd View Post
            You know what I would love to see The Undertaker do at Wrestlemania? Run the Gauntlet. Have 6 or 7 guys compete in it to test Taker's will against consistently fresh guys. It could be an interesting twist to his streak.
            Well, it's a better idea than a handicap match against Big Show and A-Train.

Okay, fine, I'm onboard. No one person is enough to test the streak, so Undertaker just goes full-on berserker and blitzkriegs half the roster. That sounds cool. Although that could also work for Ryback (so Undertaker can go one-on-one with someone and put on another 4-and-a-half-star classic).

Comment

I'd like to see Chris Jericho return at Wrestlemania just to Wrestle the Undertaker...

Then they can both fuck off for a year afterwards...

Comment

Originally posted by Spike View Post
                I'd like to see Chris Jericho return at Wrestlemania just to Wrestle the Undertaker...

Then they can both fuck off for a year afterwards...
                I'd love to see that match too, obviously. However, I'm sure most will say Jericho would not be credible threat which is probably fair. Theres really no way Jericho would end the streak. On the other hand, I don't see anyone other than Cena having a greater than 0% chance of ending the streak.

Comment

Originally posted by JohnMyDietSoda View Post
                  At this point, does anyone really think anyone is a legit threat? I'd like to think Punk has a shot this year, or one of the other guys, but i Don't think anyone does except Cena. I think Christian and he can sell this on the mic and have a great match! I do see what you're saying though. I just think he's been underrated his whole career and it's a bummer.
                  They might be able to get some people believing that Punk could do it, considering how much of the focus has been on him these last few months.

NO ONE is going to believe that Christian will.

Bender

This will remain in my sig until The Rock gets his WWE World Heavyweight Championship rematch.

Comment

There's no way they'd ever put Christian in there with Taker at Wrestlemania. Never mind being a threat or not, he's not a big enough star overall to warrant having a match with Taker on the big stage, and ever since WM23, Taker only fights the big names at Wrestlemania now (Batista, Edge, HBK, Triple H, Cena eventually, etc.) I know you could make the "not a megastar" claim against Punk as well, who might very well fight Taker next year, but he's at least been world champion for over a year now so it's more plausible for him to have a match with Taker.

Unless it's Brock or Punk, I don't see Taker fighting anyone next year.

Comment

I like Christian, but why would anybody think he's anywhere near the level to face Undertaker at WrestleMania? People would laugh, no joke. Terrible idea.

"Did you hear the one about the man, who can't be destroyed?"

Comment

Santino would have a better chance at facing Taker than Christian.

It would be very boring anyway. Christian's always been very overrated.

Hell where the hell is Christian anyway, still injured?

Comment

People would find it funny.

It's laughable. Literally. They could never pull it off.

Comment

Originally posted by Stefan View Post
                            Santino would have a better chance at facing Taker than Christian.

It would be very boring anyway. Christian's always been very overrated.

Hell where the hell is Christian anyway, still injured?
                            I think he's healthy again and they are waiting to bring him back but i'm not sure. If anything Christian has been underrated. You put him in the ring with anyone and give them time and Christian will put on a good match with them. The only problem with it I see is the star factor. But Christian is more than talented enough to have the match.

Comment

No one's saying it couldn't be a good match, but you don't just want good matches at WrestleMania. You want spectacles.

Bender

Comment

Working...
                              X