Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• *POTENTIAL SPOILERS* Regarding WrestleMania Main Events

Source: The Wrestling Observer Newsletter

As of right now, the top four WrestleMania 29 matches are below. Most of these have been previously reported in the last few days, though the last of them is a newly-reported one:

* The Rock vs. John Cena -(WWE Title Match??)
    * CM Punk vs. The Undertaker -(WWE Title Match??)
    * Ryback vs. The Big Show
    * Sheamus vs. Randy Orton (heel)

Where Brock Lesnar fits in is yet to be seen, though there is still the possibility of a rematch with Triple H.

Lets not forget the talks of Sin Cara vs. Rey Mysterio

Re: Wrestlemania 29 Matches Update

This card fucking sucks.

Bender

This will remain in my sig until The Rock gets his WWE World Heavyweight Championship rematch.

Comment

I really don't want to see Rock vs. Cena for the WWE title. It will be incredibly obvious what the outcome will be, and there really is nothing gained by them having the match for the title. If they really must do the rematch, don't make it for the title.

I'll buy the PPV anyway since its Mania', but I agree that its a lackluster card if it ends up as above.

Comment

My dream card has Daniel Bryan facing Taker. What a match those two would put on. Before Benoit went all psycho and murdered his family I wished him and Taker went at it at Wrestlemania but now Daniel Bryan is taking his place.
        Last edited by Santa Clawz; 11-30-2012, 05:24 AM.

Comment

Re: *POTENTIAL SPOILERS* Regarding WrestleMania Main Events

I am not usually one to complain, but I really don't want to see Rock/Cena again...

The outcome is obvious, the match may be a little better than last year but the fact the match last year wasn't good in the first place makes me not want to see it again anyway. The rest of the card I like.

"Did you hear the one about the man, who can't be destroyed?"

Comment

If this is true and they stick with it, Wrestlemania is going to suck a bunch of stuff that isn't good.

Comment

If 'Taker turns up regularly before his match, the build could be absolutely amazing.

As for things getting rehashed (Rock/Cena), let's remember that a lot of people were unhappy at HHH/'Taker being announced last year for that very reason. A few weeks later it was being frothed over as a classic. You have to let these things play out.

Comment

I also expect Daniel Bryan to face Kane. I highly doubt they stick together all the way to WM.

Plus Lesnar vs HHH and Rey vs Cara.

That's seven matches with Miz, Kofi, Cesaro, Ziggler, Barrett, The Shield, R-Truth, Sandow and Cody on the sidelines waiting for a match.

Comment

Great shout on the Taker/HHH comparison Todd. I was one of those who groaned a bit and then ended up jizzing over it.

It still seems like a card where all the winners of the main matches are completely obvious though which I don't like.

( ?_?) - 97% of PW suddenly think Michael Cole is awesome. If you're part of the 3% that still thinks he is an annoying tool, copy & paste this into your sig.

Currently Playing: Suikoden 1, Max Payne 1, Beyond Good and Evil, MGS Peace Walker

Comment

I don't want to see it either, but mainly because I didn't really think it was very good.

Comment

Taker/Cena, Punk/Rock, Lesnar/Ryback would be so much cooler.

( ?_?) - 97% of PW suddenly think Michael Cole is awesome. If you're part of the 3% that still thinks he is an annoying tool, copy & paste this into your sig.

Currently Playing: Suikoden 1, Max Payne 1, Beyond Good and Evil, MGS Peace Walker

Comment

I think they've got one eye on WM30, Taker/Cena will most likely happen then and be the main event.

Comment

Originally posted by Heteroflexible View Post
                          I think they've got one eye on WM30
                          Hopefully only because it's a year away, and not because "they" share the internet's obsession with Mania's that end in the number 0.

Anyhow, I like this potential card. Aggressively.

Comment

Originally posted by Todd View Post
                            If 'Taker turns up regularly before his match, the build could be absolutely amazing.

As for things getting rehashed (Rock/Cena), let's remember that a lot of people were unhappy at HHH/'Taker being announced last year for that very reason. A few weeks later it was being frothed over as a classic. You have to let these things play out.
                            Stop making sense of things, Todd! Don't you know how this works?

1) Hear rumors.
                            2) Complain for months.
                            3) Watch the PPV anyway, but hate it because you told yourself you were going to.

Get with the program, bro.

(for the record, read Kid's post to see why this potential card excites me, or why ANY potential card excites me...so much awesome talent this year..)

Comment

Originally posted by Heteroflexible View Post
                              I think they've got one eye on WM30, Taker/Cena will most likely happen then and be the main event.
                              I have a hard time believing 'Taker has one eye on anything other than his next match. Maybe they just don't see Cena/'Taker as the streak-defining match we see it as.

Comment

Working...
                              X