WWE drops the ball again - HIAC Ryback vs Punk Ending

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• WWE drops the ball again - HIAC Ryback vs Punk Ending

I'm just speechless. I halfway expected it, but had hope....WWE is reminding me more and more of WCW these days....that was just horrible?

You end Ryback's undefeated streak with a screwball ending??

WCW 2.0

Re: WWE drops the ball again

they didnt drop they put it inn a slingshot toward hurricane sandy but ryback was just a place holder as we knew already but the fued may not be over. steaks dont mean nothing anyway and they proved it with that ending ryback did preform good puck didnt even try to sell the meat hook but wcw no where close to it wwe comes they would of had ryback when thrn hand it over to punk on raw..at the same time it wasnt a hard faught loss it was a fluck so its more to come for sure

Comment

People don't care that Ryback was undefeated. People care that Ryback is Dominant

He's still Dominant therefore people still care. Him being undefeated was never important

I fully expect him to defeat Big Show & Lesnar between now & Mania to stamp his dominance even further

Ryback is a star & doesn't need to win the belt or beat Punk to prove it. It's best to have money matches with Punk as champ & Ryback as your bad ass. Loved the finish to the match

In Between The Lines, There's A Lot Of Obscurity. I'm Not Inclined To Resign To Maturity
      If It's All Right, Then You're All Wrong. Why Bounce Around To The Same Damn Song
      You Rather Run When You Can't Crawl. I Know That You Know That I'm Not Telling The Truth
      I Know That You Know, They Just Don't Have Any Proof. Embrace The Deception, Learn How To Bend
      Your Worst Inhibitions They Will PSYCH You Out In The End

Comment

Originally posted by Bristowj View Post
        I'm just speechless. I halfway expected it, but had hope....WWE is reminding me more and more of WCW these days....that was just horrible?

You end Ryback's undefeated streak with a screwball ending??

WCW 2.0
        I said the same thing a week ago. More and more every day.

Comment

Originally posted by Codebreaker82 View Post
          I said the same thing a week ago. More and more every day.
          Actually, they were somewhat seperate. The only thing alike between the two was the streak. At Starrcade '98, Goldberg was the champion, and was screwed by Scott Hall with a stun gun. Tonight, Ryback was challenger, and was screwed by a corrupt referee.

Still My Champ
          Thanks, surrender.

Comment

I've said it once and I'll say it again....streaks don't last forever. What will happen WHEN Ryback loses....just do away with the character?

He came out looking strong and they are still pushing him to the moon.

Quit your fucking whining and just watch Raw tomorrow. Not even remotely close to being WCW 2.0 you fucktard.

Comment

I guess we have different definitions of horrible. Punk got to keep his title, Ryback got to look like a monster and get an amazing moment. I thought the ending was very well done.

A ton and a half of credit to Rad for this superb artwork

Originally posted by The Miz
              I'd rather you all hate me for everything I am than love me for something i'm not
              Days Oncall has left to use his MITB Contract: 300-ish

Comment

The WWE couldn't have foreseen the Ref doing that. I don't know how Punk got to him, but he did. The WWE should definitely fire that official.

Comment

Was the undefeated streak THAT important?

Like I said in the party thread, Ryback getting screwed over by a ref in cahoots with Punk/Heyman, causing him to go berserk, is a more interesting story than the undefeated streak continuing...

Comment

Originally posted by LS View Post
                    Was the undefeated streak THAT important?

Like I said in the party thread, Ryback getting screwed over by a ref in cahoots with Punk/Heyman, causing him to go berserk, is a more interesting story than the undefeated streak continuing...
                    As far as advancing the tension yes, but I was at the Georgia Dome when Goldberg defeated Hogan. It was an amazing and iconic moment seeing Goldberg lift his two titles in the air. He was Champ and still undefeated.

Comment

The other dropped ball to me...

Where the hell was Dolph Ziggler. I was there, we got to see Cena take him out on the pre-show, and then about his guaranteed cash-in...uhhhhhh, nothing.

Even if they wanted to, Vickie is in charge of Raw, she could allow him to cash in on Punk when he's injured on top of the Cell....but nope.

The hell is that?

It was a pay-per-view that when we left me and my friends said, we saw 3 hours of nothing of note.

THIS AWWWWWWESOME BANNER MADE BY SPIKE

I'M BACK BAYBAY!!!

Comment

Obviously Ziggler planned on cashing in on a Sheamus that'd had the shit beat out of him, not an alert, on-his-feet Big Show.

Comment

Originally posted by Wild Crippler View Post
                          Obviously Ziggler planned on cashing in on a Sheamus that'd had the shit beat out of him, not an alert, on-his-feet Big Show.
                          Did they mention anything about it on the broadcast?

THIS AWWWWWWESOME BANNER MADE BY SPIKE

I'M BACK BAYBAY!!!

Comment

NO ONE GIVES A FUCK ABOUT UNDEFEATED STREAKS IN WRESTLING BECAUSE IT'S ALL A WORK! Only reason WCW fans ever gave a fuck about Goldberg's undefeated streak is because most of them were stupid redneck's who still think it's real.

Comment

Originally posted by Cenamark2.0 View Post
                              As far as advancing the tension yes, but I was at the Georgia Dome when Goldberg defeated Hogan. It was an amazing and iconic moment seeing Goldberg lift his two titles in the air. He was Champ and still undefeated.
                              The story of Ryback winning the title tonight would have only been him winning the title, people wouldn't be talking about the undefeated streak continuing. The streak hasn't been going on THAT long.

Also, Ryback winning the belt tonight wouldn't have been an iconic moment anyway.

Comment

Working...
                              X