Stephanie McMahon- MIA

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Stephanie McMahon- MIA

With Stephanie appearing on SD last night to help her father, it got me thinking- where the hell has she been?

Now after 4+ years of her dominating TV and emasculating and downgrading every superstar who came upon her, I'm not here saying I haven't had enough of her, it's just from a kayfabe point of view.

She's the commissioner of Raw for goodness sake, and she hasn't been seen since Wrestlemania.

Now at Wrestlemania I believe she took a table bump, or knock of the apron from Triple H, right? Then the next night Kurt Angle was instated as the new Raw GM. You're telling me a character like Stephanie McMahon in 2017 would be alright with that, and 5 months later would still not do anything about it?

Don't get me wrong, Angle is a breath of fresh air as the authority figure, and a face authority too! Especially compared to the doldrums of 20 minute promos from Steph and Hunter kicking off Raw, or Stephanie interfering in everyone's business and running them down time and time again, never getting any comeuppance. But they have down nothing to explain why she's been off TV for so long. She's the Raw commissioner, the supposed top figure for Raw, she ruled Raw with an iron fist for 4 years prior, why has her character suddenly stopped?

Look at SD, their commissioner appears nearly every week!

I personally actually like the Stephanie McMahon character, but I fully understand why others don't and that they'd be happy to never see her on TV again, but at least explain from a kayfabe point of view why she, the Raw commissioner!, isn't there.

I thought she stopped being commissioner when she was taken off tv. Both her and her GM were essentially removed from power. I thought it was understood that, being Vince's fave, she thought she was a shoe-in for SD Commish. She didn't get it and thus is very embarrassed and went to hide in a hole. Sounds like common sense to me
    All she would be doing is undermining Kurt as the heel Commissh. And I think we're all a little tired of heels having power.

Thank you Surrender!!!
    Voted Co-Most Underrated Nerdery Poster of 2014 (With Raven*)
    If prowrestling were fake, it would make every fan in the history of the sport a complete & utter moron - Monty Burns

Comment

as far as kayfabe is concerned its a little weird but im sure she will arise at some point.

that aside there should be no rush to bring her back on TV. her character while drawing a great amount of heat was hurting the show than helping by basically being untouchable even verbally

Comment

Originally posted by Mistress View Post
        I thought she stopped being commissioner when she was taken off tv. Both her and her GM were essentially removed from power. I thought it was understood that, being Vince's fave, she thought she was a shoe-in for SD Commish. She didn't get it and thus is very embarrassed and went to hide in a hole. Sounds like common sense to me
        All she would be doing is undermining Kurt as the heel Commissh. And I think we're all a little tired of heels having power.
        No the SD commissioner was already instated by the time she disappeared from TV and had been for about 7 months with her appearing every week, so that had nothing to do with it.
        She fired Foley on the last Raw before Mania, so Angle took over the week after as a result of Vince hiring, but Stephanie hasn't appeared since Mania and nothing has been said about her being removed from power.
        I agree with being tired of heels having the power, especially Stephanie, there's just no kayfabe explanation why she's off TV

Comment

Personally I'm glad she's off tv for the time being...There just wasn't much else for her character to do, in my opinion, which makes her hiatus very much worth it on that end. Yea, WWE's kayfabe explanation will probably not make too much sense but I'll take whatever explanation they'll give if Steph doesn't appear on tv til at least the Royal Rumble.

Comment

the evil authority gimmick needs a break anyway. And it's really hard to buy into her being the bad character on raw or smackdown and then for us to be shown highlights of her and HHH doing some nice charity thing, or showing up at the Mae Young classic acting all face like.

Comment

Working...
            X