Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Is Corbin more of a main event talent than Strowman?

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Is Corbin more of a main event talent than Strowman?

The monster heel is back in vogue. Strowman, Jax and Corbin are leading the way on Raw and Smackdown, respectively. Is Corbin in a better position on Smackdown to win the WWE title than Strowman is on Raw to win the Universal title? Yes. In my opinion, I think you've to look at the names in contention for the Universal title and the WWE title. On Raw, you've Reigns, Rollins and Balor. On Smackdown, there's no obvious choice with Styles relegated to mid-card status and Wyatt moving to Raw. Basically Corbin has traded places with Styles. From this, you can elevate other names on the main roster, such as Nakamura and Zayn. On the one hand, the WWE wants to get more bang for the buck by having Lesnar as the Universal champion or in main event matches for the Universal title. On the other hand, this is the main reason why Strowman's push won't culminate in winning the Universal title and having a run with it. In my opinion, Strowman has shown that he's a capable main event talent and there's no doubt about his physical talent. And he has passable skills on the microphone. I also can see Strowman's dominance as a potential story-line for the eventual reformation of The Shield. The bottom line is, Strowman's more over than Corbin on Raw and should win the Universal title before Corbin wins the WWE title. But, he [Strowman] won't... Although I like Corbin, the opportunity to win the WWE title is a benefit of the brand extension. I mean, he's good at being a bully but Strowman's better at being a monster and a threat to your title.
    The two major WWE pushes for this year are Baron Corbin on the SmackDown side and Braun Strowman on the RAW brand. While both are being groomed as top stars and the top heels on their respective brands, Dave Meltzer noted on Wrestling Observer Radio that WWE officials have higher hopes for Corbin as a main event talent.
    http://www.wrestlinginc.com/wi/news/...raun-strowman/
    Last edited by sillyrabbit; 04-19-2017, 06:09 PM.
    sigpic

"It's the sad thing about entertainment, it's not always about who is the best."
    - Jake "The Snake" Roberts

Re: Is Corbin more of a main event talent than Strowman?

I think in the long term, corban will be more of a main stay in the main event. Strowmans push will last till he is fed to lesnar, then he slowly fade back into the roster.

Comment

I think in the long term, corban will be more of a main stay in the main event. Strowmans push will last till he is fed to lesnar, then he slowly fade back into the roster.

Comment

I'm not so sure. I am not a fan of Corbin but I don't dislike him either. It seems like a lot of people like him, so I'm trying to figure out why and give myself a reason to like him. Personally, I don't think he's that good, but I guess I'm undecided about him. I think he's boring on the microphone.

I think Braun's a beast and he's become one of my favorite wrestlers on the roster believe it or not. I think they've pushed him well and he's done a great job in the role he's in. I could definitely see him as a main event guy.

Comment

I'm not so sure. I am not a fan of Corbin but I don't dislike him either. It seems like a lot of people like him, so I'm trying to figure out why and give myself a reason to like him. Personally, I don't think he's that good, but I guess I'm undecided about him. I think he's boring on the microphone.

I think Braun's a beast and he's become one of my favorite wrestlers on the roster believe it or not. I think they've pushed him well and he's done a great job in the role he's in. I could definitely see him as a main event guy.

Comment

I would say yes. Corbin has been one of my favorite young guns since his debut, while Strowman has just now started to grow on me.

Comment

I would say yes. Corbin has been one of my favorite young guns since his debut, while Strowman has just now started to grow on me.

Comment

Corbin definitely has the potential for greater versatility. Braun is knocking it out of the park at the moment, but let's face it, the big bad monster heel has a shelf life and Strowman could just as easily be doing silly comedy skits in a couple of years.

Comment

Corbin definitely has the potential for greater versatility. Braun is knocking it out of the park at the moment, but let's face it, the big bad monster heel has a shelf life and Strowman could just as easily be doing silly comedy skits in a couple of years.

Comment

Strowman has become my favorite big man in years. Corbin is actually growing on me. They both play their roles well. Corbin needs a little help on the mic but he's ok. I see Corbin being more versatile where Strowman will be the next 'giant' or Big Show but they'll both have their place in the Main Event.

Spoiler

*Many thanks to the amazing surrender for my banner*
                    #TeamAuthority
                    R.E.A.L

Comment

Strowman has become my favorite big man in years. Corbin is actually growing on me. They both play their roles well. Corbin needs a little help on the mic but he's ok. I see Corbin being more versatile where Strowman will be the next 'giant' or Big Show but they'll both have their place in the Main Event.

Spoiler

*Many thanks to the amazing surrender for my banner*
                      #TeamAuthority
                      R.E.A.L

Comment

Corbin has a blah personality and more importantly a very blah look. People try and say looks don't matter but all the big successes had a defining look. And that's not just about being good looking I'm talking about a certain characteristic that makes you stand out above the rest.

Corbin isn't good looking. He's tall but far from the tallest. Rather scrawny for someone his size especially in the wrestling world. No elaborate facial hair. Doesn't wow anybody on the mic and hasn't shown much if any personality beyond him being a tough guy. Athletically he's average..... So what I'm getting at is that I don't see what others see in him.

He's pretty tall and has a distracting receding hairline for someone with long hair. That's the guys defining characteristics. Oh and his entrance lighting is rather cool. I just don't get Corbin

Braun is the perfect big man and should be in the main event scene for a very long time. Or at least until the inevitable moment when the WWE humanizes the big man and puts him in some comedic tag team. Making him the 3rd member of the Fashion Police seems like something the WWE would do.

Comment

Corbin has a blah personality and more importantly a very blah look. People try and say looks don't matter but all the big successes had a defining look. And that's not just about being good looking I'm talking about a certain characteristic that makes you stand out above the rest.

Corbin isn't good looking. He's tall but far from the tallest. Rather scrawny for someone his size especially in the wrestling world. No elaborate facial hair. Doesn't wow anybody on the mic and hasn't shown much if any personality beyond him being a tough guy. Athletically he's average..... So what I'm getting at is that I don't see what others see in him.

He's pretty tall and has a distracting receding hairline for someone with long hair. That's the guys defining characteristics. Oh and his entrance lighting is rather cool. I just don't get Corbin

Braun is the perfect big man and should be in the main event scene for a very long time. Or at least until the inevitable moment when the WWE humanizes the big man and puts him in some comedic tag team. Making him the 3rd member of the Fashion Police seems like something the WWE would do.

Comment

I concur. Corbin's mislabeled as a "monster" heel. He's simply a heel like Razor Ramon or, specifically, a do-it-yourself heel like Bad New Allen/Brown. On the other hand, what I like about Corbin is he's a throwback bad guy to me. In other words, he goes out there and does his job and tries to beat you up. He's straightforward. Perhaps, he's bland and doesn't invest in his image but he isn't an enhancement talent or a glorified jobber. At least, I don't view him in that way. For me, Corbin must prove that he can be Smackdown's top heel and be a main event draw at a PPV. Furthermore, Strowman must prove that he can perform at a high level with others on the Raw roster besides the Big Show. The answers to these questions will help to determine whether they can have prolonged success after their current push.
                            sigpic

"It's the sad thing about entertainment, it's not always about who is the best."

Comment

I concur. Corbin's mislabeled as a "monster" heel. He's simply a heel like Razor Ramon or, specifically, a do-it-yourself heel like Bad New Allen/Brown. On the other hand, what I like about Corbin is he's a throwback bad guy to me. In other words, he goes out there and does his job and tries to beat you up. He's straightforward. Perhaps, he's bland and doesn't invest in his image but he isn't an enhancement talent or a glorified jobber. At least, I don't view him in that way. For me, Corbin must prove that he can be Smackdown's top heel and be a main event draw at a PPV. Furthermore, Strowman must prove that he can perform at a high level with others on the Raw roster besides the Big Show. The answers to these questions will help to determine whether they can have prolonged success after their current push.
                              sigpic

Comment

Working...
                              X