Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• John Cena is inducting Kurt Angle into the HOF

John Cena to induct Kurt Angle into the WWE Hall of Fame

John Cena will have the honor of inducting Kurt Angle – his very first opponent in WWE – into the WWE Hall of Fame during the 2017 Induction Ceremony on Friday, March 31, airing live on WWE Network.

Cena was a long way from becoming a 16-time World Champion on June 27, 2002 when he accepted the Olympic Gold Medalist’s open challenge, believing he had the “ruthless aggression” to defeat Angle before striking him. Though he did not earn the victory, Cena established himself as a force to be reckoned with in WWE.

Angle and Cena would remain rivals throughout the latter’s rise to Superstardom, even battling over the WWE Championship in 2005. Now, Cena will present Angle to the WWE Universe for the first time in more than a decade – and officially as a WWE Hall of Famer.

What will Cena have to say when he inducts one of his greatest rivals into sports-entertainment history? Find out during the 2017 WWE Hall of Fame Induction Ceremony, Friday, March 31 at 8 p.m. ET/5 p.m. PT, live on the award-winning WWE Network!
    I'm trying very hard to be objective about this and I'll try my best to avoid posting my personal opinion about this. But one of the "greatest" wrestlers and performers in WWE history, the WWE's top star of the past 10 years ..the legendary John Cena has been assigned to induct Kurt Angle into the WWE Hall of Fame this year.

Early on in Kurt Angle's WWE career, him and Cena feuded quite a bit and they had a couple of matches (I don't remember how many exactly).

On the bright side, I'm very excited that Angle is being inducted in general and I really hope he's given ample time to talk about some stories of his career. I really hope Vince doesn't forbid him from talking about TNA, but who we are kidding?

Personally, I was hoping it would either be Steve Austin or The Rock. But whatever.

Re: John Cena is inducting Kurt Angle into the HOF

I did not see this coming. I thought it would have been Austin, Rock, HBK or Brock.

Comment

I did not see this coming. I thought it would have been Austin, Rock, HBK or Brock.

Comment

I assume it would be Cena or Brock and since Brock is kinda antisocial. Cena makes sense.
        Last edited by X-zero; 03-16-2017, 04:56 PM.
        TNA Forum Title History
        Forum Championship (1 time)
        Tag Team Championship (3 time)
        X Championship (2 time)
        Internet Championship (3 time)

Comment

I assume it would be Cena or Brock and since Brock is kinda antisocial. Cena makes sense.
          TNA Forum Title History
          Forum Championship (1 time)
          Tag Team Championship (3 time)
          X Championship (2 time)
          Internet Championship (3 time)

Comment

Cena's first match in the WWE was with Kurt Angle. So this doesn't surprise me.

Still My Champ
            Thanks, surrender.

Comment

Cena's first match in the WWE was with Kurt Angle. So this doesn't surprise me.

Still My Champ
              Thanks, surrender.

Comment

This feels surprising, but then again, there isn't an obvious person to induct Kurt. I'm sure he has many friends but he's not known for being especially close with a particular wrestler. If I had to put a name into a hat, it would have been Steve Austin, but Cena is fine.

Comment

This feels surprising, but then again, there isn't an obvious person to induct Kurt. I'm sure he has many friends but he's not known for being especially close with a particular wrestler. If I had to put a name into a hat, it would have been Steve Austin, but Cena is fine.

Comment

Before Edge, Kurt Angle was Cena's biggest rival. He was Cena's biggest roadblock for every time he ever tried to make it up that hill. from 02-04 Cena (i don't think) never got a legit feud ending win over the guy. Then in 05 it changed in Cena's favor. They always had great chemistry. And Angle was probably a guy that helped mold Cena into a main eventer with all of their bouts and time spent together backstage because of it. Cena would probably consider him in a way his teacher for becoming the main eventer he is today, or whatever he'll spin his intro speech.

The other options would have been The Rock, Lesnar (you can see why they wouldn't do that for kayfabe reasons in not wanting him to get cheered over Goldberg), Stone Cold, Triple H (same reason as Lesnar for why they wouldn't choose him), or one of the McMahons.
                    Candice Larae, Bea Priestley, Nixon Newell, and Tessa Blanchard tribute
                    Finn Balor is the future of the WWE
                    Siera, Hotel, India, Echo, Lima, Delta - Forever
                    Cena fan for LIFE
                    Did you know, without lifts, Ambrose is taller than Reigns by an inch?

banner by, Dj LatinoHeat

Comment

Before Edge, Kurt Angle was Cena's biggest rival. He was Cena's biggest roadblock for every time he ever tried to make it up that hill. from 02-04 Cena (i don't think) never got a legit feud ending win over the guy. Then in 05 it changed in Cena's favor. They always had great chemistry. And Angle was probably a guy that helped mold Cena into a main eventer with all of their bouts and time spent together backstage because of it. Cena would probably consider him in a way his teacher for becoming the main eventer he is today, or whatever he'll spin his intro speech.

The other options would have been The Rock, Lesnar (you can see why they wouldn't do that for kayfabe reasons in not wanting him to get cheered over Goldberg), Stone Cold, Triple H (same reason as Lesnar for why they wouldn't choose him), or one of the McMahons.
                      Candice Larae, Bea Priestley, Nixon Newell, and Tessa Blanchard tribute
                      Finn Balor is the future of the WWE
                      Siera, Hotel, India, Echo, Lima, Delta - Forever
                      Cena fan for LIFE
                      Did you know, without lifts, Ambrose is taller than Reigns by an inch?

banner by, Dj LatinoHeat

Comment

Cena is a sound choice. They certainly had plenty of history together working on and off from Cena's debut up until Angle's departure in 06. Cena is great in this position and I expect him to do a good job.

The thing with Angle is that he worked with so many different acts he could have been inducted by a host of people. Whether it was Stephanie, Jericho, Edge, Christian, Triple H, The Rock, Foley, The Undertaker, Austin, Shane, Brock, Booker, AJ etc. they all would have made sense. However I expect that Cena ticked all the boxes for the WWE and I'm sure that Angle is non-plussed by the whole situation.

Comment

Cena is a sound choice. They certainly had plenty of history together working on and off from Cena's debut up until Angle's departure in 06. Cena is great in this position and I expect him to do a good job.

The thing with Angle is that he worked with so many different acts he could have been inducted by a host of people. Whether it was Stephanie, Jericho, Edge, Christian, Triple H, The Rock, Foley, The Undertaker, Austin, Shane, Brock, Booker, AJ etc. they all would have made sense. However I expect that Cena ticked all the boxes for the WWE and I'm sure that Angle is non-plussed by the whole situation.

Comment

For me, it's a great selection! The stuff with Angle WAS THE HINT that WWE saw something special with Cena. It included the matches of course BUT ALSO Taker's stamp of approval afterwards. Given that Cena is WWE's Golden Boy of the last decade, it makes sense for me.

Comment

For me, it's a great selection! The stuff with Angle WAS THE HINT that WWE saw something special with Cena. It included the matches of course BUT ALSO Taker's stamp of approval afterwards. Given that Cena is WWE's Golden Boy of the last decade, it makes sense for me.

Comment

Working...
                              X