Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Is Wrestlemania 33 interesting you guys? Thoughts on the big show.

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Is Wrestlemania 33 interesting you guys? Thoughts on the big show.

Lilslimshady is back!! Man, it's been a long time, but it's Mania' time. I've turned into such a casual, one of those people....I keep in touch most of the year online and watch the best 5-10 minutes per episode, and I'm invested and watch Summerslam. Things are shaping up for Mania' IMO. I'm not loving the card, but I'm definitely liking it. I remember last year with WrestleMania 32, we were disappointed in the card and the results of the show. WrestleMania 31 was very good. WrestleMania 30 was memorable and very enjoyable. I'm just going back the last 3 years. This year looks to be on par with WrestleMania 30 and 31. I understand some of these matches aren't official or confirmed, but let's make some educated guesses here: Shane/AJ looks to be happening. I'm not opposed to it as many on the internet are. I don't think it'll be awesome, but I think it'll be a somewhat fun and enjoyable match. SD women's title invitational will be solid. Raw women's match is shaping up to be entertaining. Raw and SD tag title bout's should be decent. Andre will either be filler or fun. We shall see what happens with Cruiserweights. I'm not too big on the division honestly. My smart markish loving those kinds of matches that were prevalent in ROH 2003-2006 has died off. I can still get into a good match, but that kind of storytelling and digging the Cruiserweights coming off the Indy's, I'm just not super into.

Let's get into the upper part of the card now: Ambrose/Corbin should be a good, quality match that interests me and keeps it throughout the night with awesome near falls and the excitement you'd want in a IC title match at Mania. Jericho/Owens will be an awesome bout' given at least 15-20 minutes. Triple H/Rollins will be all kinds of fantastic. I think it'' be MOTN. Mixed tag will get the job done fulfilling some entertaining and a different kind of match in the middle of a close to 7 hour show from all reports. Not a bathroom break match, but definitely a time to catch my breath and still enjoy it for what it is. Cena is doing this middle of the road match and I gotta' give it to him for really getting away from the main event picture. Taker/Reigns will be awesome. I think it'll be the 2nd best match of the night, with Jericho/Owens being third.

Now, the two World title matches. Bray/Orton will be fun and will keep my attention, but I'm not crazy about it. Goldberg/Brock has the chance to be awesome, if they give it even just 10 minutes. I really don't want to see it go 15-20. I do not want a squash match with Brock crushing Goldberg in a minute. Give em' 10 minutes and let em' throw suplexes, work stiff, throw some haymakers, and I'll be grinning ear to ear. Throw in New Day as hosts, surprise appearances, a concert that I could careless about, HOF segment where they come out, special entrances, video packages, and you have yourself 7 hours including the Pre-show and Main show from 5-Midnight Eastern of what will be WrestleMania 33. I don't think it's going to be a great Mania, but it'll be better than last year and WrestleMania 29 and WrestleMania 27 going back even a few more years. What are you guys expecting? Excited at all? Good to be back on the boards. I'm back until April 3-4 and then I'm peacing out again. I've missed you guys on the boards.

Re: Is Wrestlemania 33 interesting you guys? Thoughts on the big show.

The card on paper looks OK. Hopefully it will be better in the ring.

BTW, welcome back, Shady.

Still My Champ
    Thanks, surrender.

Comment

The card on paper looks OK. Hopefully it will be better in the ring.

BTW, welcome back, Shady.

Still My Champ
      Thanks, surrender.

Comment

Never been that big a fan of the Big Show, but can see his worth and place in the WWE. Been a great big wrestler throughout the years. Needs to retire soon though.

As for Wrestlemania, I think it's a great card so far. They've missed a beat here and there (not having Harper in the World title match, making New Day hosts which means an unbearable promo by them, sticking the Universal title on Goldberg, uncertanties around Rollins/ Triple H, lack of direction for Zayn, Joe, Strowman etc), but otherwise they've built it up great. The top world title has a program that has been built since September last year! The US and IC title have meaningful feuds that have been built well. The women will be represented immensly in 3 big matches (SD & Raw titles and the mixed tag), the Undertaker has a good program for the first time since 2013, Cena isn't hogging a major match and instead on the undercard, the CW divison has finally kick started, and AJ Styles is getting used massively against a McMahon. All in all they've made huge improvements from last year, and the show can only be good considering everyone involved and the match ups.

Comment

Never been that big a fan of the Big Show, but can see his worth and place in the WWE. Been a great big wrestler throughout the years. Needs to retire soon though.

As for Wrestlemania, I think it's a great card so far. They've missed a beat here and there (not having Harper in the World title match, making New Day hosts which means an unbearable promo by them, sticking the Universal title on Goldberg, uncertanties around Rollins/ Triple H, lack of direction for Zayn, Joe, Strowman etc), but otherwise they've built it up great. The top world title has a program that has been built since September last year! The US and IC title have meaningful feuds that have been built well. The women will be represented immensly in 3 big matches (SD & Raw titles and the mixed tag), the Undertaker has a good program for the first time since 2013, Cena isn't hogging a major match and instead on the undercard, the CW divison has finally kick started, and AJ Styles is getting used massively against a McMahon. All in all they've made huge improvements from last year, and the show can only be good considering everyone involved and the match ups.

Comment

It's better than last year for sure. Nice to see a bit of old guard vs. new guard, nice to have a world title program that has genuine story behind it, plus the card from a performance standpoint looks as though it could have a few great matches on it.

I wish Bill Goldberg and Brock Lesnar weren't the main event but I'm not stupid and understand why it is. Other than that it looks good.

Comment

It's better than last year for sure. Nice to see a bit of old guard vs. new guard, nice to have a world title program that has genuine story behind it, plus the card from a performance standpoint looks as though it could have a few great matches on it.

I wish Bill Goldberg and Brock Lesnar weren't the main event but I'm not stupid and understand why it is. Other than that it looks good.

Comment

Originally posted by Todd View Post

I still have a feeling that Goldberg and Brock will be put in the middle of the show, with perhaps Roman and Taker closing it.

Still My Champ
                Thanks, surrender.

Comment

Originally posted by Todd View Post

I still have a feeling that Goldberg and Brock will be put in the middle of the show, with perhaps Roman and Taker closing it.

Still My Champ
                  Thanks, surrender.

Comment

The only matches on the card that are almost guaranteed to suck complete ass is Shane Mcmahon vs AJ Styles and Lesnar vs Goldberg. Other than that, this Wrestlemania should actually be pretty interesting and a complete wrestling cinematic experience.

Def looking forward to the womens championship triple threat, Orton vs Wyatt, Reigns and Taker, Owens and Jericho.

On a side note: I really hope Reigns doesn't come out wearing basketball shoes to wrestle Taker.
                    Last edited by mx518; 03-14-2017, 04:16 PM.

Comment

The only matches on the card that are almost guaranteed to suck complete ass is Shane Mcmahon vs AJ Styles and Lesnar vs Goldberg. Other than that, this Wrestlemania should actually be pretty interesting and a complete wrestling cinematic experience.

Def looking forward to the womens championship triple threat, Orton vs Wyatt, Reigns and Taker, Owens and Jericho.

On a side note: I really hope Reigns doesn't come out wearing basketball shoes to wrestle Taker.

Comment

Roman and Taker should close the show. It's not worth putting it on two or three matches before the last and having Roman win because the crowd will never recover and the rest of the show will suffer for it, as the crowd will shit on the rest of the show even if the rest of the matches are good.

Comment

Roman and Taker should close the show. It's not worth putting it on two or three matches before the last and having Roman win because the crowd will never recover and the rest of the show will suffer for it, as the crowd will shit on the rest of the show even if the rest of the matches are good.

Comment

I think Goldberg vs Lesnar might get rejected by the audience if it's in the main event slot. They should stick it mid-show. But what should go on last? I say Undertaker vs Roman Reigns.

Comment

I think Goldberg vs Lesnar might get rejected by the audience if it's in the main event slot. They should stick it mid-show. But what should go on last? I say Undertaker vs Roman Reigns.

Comment

Working...
                              X