Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: Are Cena & Roman new type of heels?

Originally posted by Ashman View Post
    Hmm... not completely sure I agree actually. Historically, you are right, and to a degree it always comes back to the same very babyface straplines and catchphrases and points, but I'd have to say he wouldn't have been getting guys like AJ and Owens over as much as he has if he hadn't at least veered slightly into heelish territory in the process, and there is some, albeit limited, evidence of him going this way - running guys down and being an arrogant bastard (and not in a Rock or Austin funny or deliberately derogatory way... but in order to press a button with a certain segment of the audience).
    That still isn't heel.

Comment

Hmm... not completely sure I agree actually. Historically, you are right, and to a degree it always comes back to the same very babyface straplines and catchphrases and points, but I'd have to say he wouldn't have been getting guys like AJ and Owens over as much as he has if he hadn't at least veered slightly into heelish territory in the process, and there is some, albeit limited, evidence of him going this way - running guys down and being an arrogant bastard (and not in a Rock or Austin funny or deliberately derogatory way... but in order to press a button with a certain segment of the audience).
      That still isn't heel.

Comment

Originally posted by Jake View Post
        That still isn't heel.
        https://youtu.be/dJFXJDqqm4Y?t=2m45s

Never said it was completely 'heel', just said it definitely contained elements of what a heel does - for instance, arrogantly writes off all competition as 'BS', and displays a disconnected sense of entitlement which the audience doesn't appreciate, before exiting before anyone has time to respond.

Comment

That still isn't heel.

Never said it was completely 'heel', just said it definitely contained elements of what a heel does - for instance, arrogantly writes off all competition as 'BS', and displays a disconnected sense of entitlement which the audience doesn't appreciate, before exiting before anyone has time to respond.

Comment

That still isn't heel.

Comment

That still isn't heel.

Comment

Would have to characterise him in that promo as the disrespectful antagonist... so I disagree. Maybe not a heel in terms of cheating, blindside attacking, etc, but in a historic sense certainly the antagonist and the one disrespecting the competition.

Comment

Would have to characterise him in that promo as the disrespectful antagonist... so I disagree. Maybe not a heel in terms of cheating, blindside attacking, etc, but in a historic sense certainly the antagonist and the one disrespecting the competition.

Comment

Cena's promos aren't heel-ish in the slightest.
                    Didn't Cena in his contact signing with AJ say something like these people who boo me can't be me even on their best day. That is not a statement a full blown babyface would make.

Comment

Cena's promos aren't heel-ish in the slightest.
                      Didn't Cena in his contact signing with AJ say something like these people who boo me can't be me even on their best day. That is not a statement a full blown babyface would make.

Comment

Working...
                      X