Crazy theory: WWE hates Roman Reigns

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Crazy theory: WWE hates Roman Reigns

Talking to RT and BigRed on twitter regarding Wrestlemania, I expressed a theory and now i'm posting it here. I'm sure it sounds out there but let's see what you have to say.

Roman Reigns is supposed to be the top babyface of the promotion (excluding part-timers I suppose) For the briefest of moments, WWE likes to show that they actually know how to book him this way (HHH beatdown at TLC, Shield hot tags and that LMS with Big Show are a few examples)

That's only a few percent of the time though, the rest of the time it's Sufferin Succotash Roman, Story time Roman and all the other shit promo material he's been given.

Now they want him to face Taker at Mania, think about that. Taker at Mania and they think Roman will get even one cheer in that sort of environment. This isn't a match with Wyatt, there's actually a strong chance Roman goes over here in my view, with the yard reference.

The only way it stands even a remote chance of success is if Roman gets vicious in the build up, turns heel (I know it's an internet cliche) and embraces the position that so many fans think he has, that he's Vinces new guy. Promos like he's putting the old dog out to pasture, taking it behind the shed and shooting it etc.

Then on the Raw after Mania, he comes out looking all smug, in an OTT 3 piece suit and tells Brock Lesnar that "You have my property and i'm coming to get it"

WWE seem to constantly put Roman in bad situations and book him the exact opposite as to how you'd book your top face, it almost seems vindictive.

Thoughts?

A ton and a half of credit to Rad for this superb artwork

Originally posted by The Miz
    I'd rather you all hate me for everything I am than love me for something i'm not
    Days Oncall has left to use his MITB Contract: 300-ish

Re: Crazy theory: WWE hates Roman Reigns

You have to remember that they book Roman to get over with the kiddies... not the older fans.

Oh, and the Taker match isn't about boos and cheers... it's about building up his credibility.

That being said, don't be surprised if Taker/Reigns ends with respect/respect.

Comment

You have to remember that they book Roman to get over with the kiddies... not the older fans.

Oh, and the Taker match isn't about boos and cheers... it's about building up his credibility.

Comment

Originally posted by whocares View Post

In my opinion, that will make the fans hate him more. Think Rock coming out and raising Roman's arm.

And kids boo his ass too. I was just at a house show and all 3 merch booths were lined up all night. Guess which shirts were left when they were packing up? Reigns & Miz. Everything else was gone.

I will have more on this when I'm not on my phone. But I'm digging [MENTION=27589]Oncall[/MENTION]'s theory. I like it.

Comment

In my opinion, that will make the fans hate him more. Think Rock coming out and raising Roman's arm.

And kids boo his ass too. I was just at a house show and all 3 merch booths were lined up all night. Guess which shirts were left when they were packing up? Reigns & Miz. Everything else was gone.

I will have more on this when I'm not on my phone. But I'm digging [MENTION=27589]Oncall[/MENTION]'s theory. I like it.

Comment

Agree, as per some sites, there is no chance of heel turn or anything, it is going to be the respect/respect, face/face kind of thing.
            Most probably Reigns, Taker and Vince are going to have a steamy threesome post mania.

Comment

Agree, as per some sites, there is no chance of heel turn or anything, it is going to be the respect/respect, face/face kind of thing.
              Most probably Reigns, Taker and Vince are going to have a steamy threesome post mania.

Comment

If they do, then they finally have something in common with their fans.

Oh, and tell BigRed I said he sucks and is poopy.

Comment

If they do, then they finally have something in common with their fans.

Oh, and tell BigRed I said he sucks and is poopy.

Comment

I think Roman's best chance to get cheered is if he reunites with the Shield again or takes off his vest in a room full of women(or gay dude's)

Jokes aside. The forcing of talent to be "at the top" doesn't really work in todays environment. It doesn't help that he is fed terrible material and has no personality to deliver it well. They are not playing on his best asset which is that he is really good in the ring and have great matches. As for the Undertaker match, I also feel like respect/respect is the way they will go. I can understand how Vince and Co. might think that Roman beating the Undertaker then having a handshake moment followed by a Monday Night Raw moment might help out Roman. The endorsement from Undertaker should be enough to finally put Roman over with the majority right? The only problem is he will first get boo'ed out of the building on his entrance, boo'ed for his "comeback sequence", and most definitely boo'ed for pinning Taker. So this will do more bad for Roman in terms of being the top face.

Banner Credit: Spike

Comment

I think Roman's best chance to get cheered is if he reunites with the Shield again or takes off his vest in a room full of women(or gay dude's)

Jokes aside. The forcing of talent to be "at the top" doesn't really work in todays environment. It doesn't help that he is fed terrible material and has no personality to deliver it well. They are not playing on his best asset which is that he is really good in the ring and have great matches. As for the Undertaker match, I also feel like respect/respect is the way they will go. I can understand how Vince and Co. might think that Roman beating the Undertaker then having a handshake moment followed by a Monday Night Raw moment might help out Roman. The endorsement from Undertaker should be enough to finally put Roman over with the majority right? The only problem is he will first get boo'ed out of the building on his entrance, boo'ed for his "comeback sequence", and most definitely boo'ed for pinning Taker. So this will do more bad for Roman in terms of being the top face.

Banner Credit: Spike

Comment

Turn him full blown heel.

Some quick fantasy booking:
                        Hunter v Rollins at Wrestlemania - Roman interferes siding with Triple H.
                        Monday Night Raw, the night after Wrestlemania - Roman, Owens, Joe and Triple H reform the new Authority, Roman cuts a promo similar to Rocky's 'respect' promo in 98.

Comment

Turn him full blown heel.

Some quick fantasy booking:
                          Hunter v Rollins at Wrestlemania - Roman interferes siding with Triple H.
                          Monday Night Raw, the night after Wrestlemania - Roman, Owens, Joe and Triple H reform the new Authority, Roman cuts a promo similar to Rocky's 'respect' promo in 98.

Comment

Unfortunately, I don't see any heel turns in Roman's future. The roadmap seems pretty clear to me. Brock is going to be champ after 'Mania and Roman is going over Taker so he can move into a title feud with Lesnar afterwards. Throw in an unimaginable number of references to yards for good measure.

At this point, I don't think any amount of booing in the world can stop their plans for Reigns. They seem determined to drive the poor guy into the ground. It's going to take something dramatic to change their minds. The only thing I can think of is if maybe people started chanting "Die Roman die!" (which is what forced them to turn The Rock in his first face run) instead of the whole Let's go Roman/Roman Sucks thing then they might finally have to acknowledge that any reaction is NOT necessarily a good reaction.

Comment

Unfortunately, I don't see any heel turns in Roman's future. The roadmap seems pretty clear to me. Brock is going to be champ after 'Mania and Roman is going over Taker so he can move into a title feud with Lesnar afterwards. Throw in an unimaginable number of references to yards for good measure.

At this point, I don't think any amount of booing in the world can stop their plans for Reigns. They seem determined to drive the poor guy into the ground. It's going to take something dramatic to change their minds. The only thing I can think of is if maybe people started chanting "Die Roman die!" (which is what forced them to turn The Rock in his first face run) instead of the whole Let's go Roman/Roman Sucks thing then they might finally have to acknowledge that any reaction is NOT necessarily a good reaction.

Comment

Working...
                              X