Outlaw Ron Bass Passes Away

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Outlaw Ron Bass Passes Away

"Outlaw" Ron Bass (real name Ronald Heard) has passed away, PWInsider.com is sad to report.

Bass had been hospitalized after suffering a burst appendix, which at the time, he was unaware had happened. The story we are hearing is that Bass, not realizing what had happened, waited a week before going to get medical attention. While he was hospitalized, that delay made it impossible for him to recover. He was 68 years old at the time of his passing.
    Another sad loss for the business. I vividly remember him cutting open Beefcake with those spurs, which ultimately led to the Ultimate Warrior winning the Intercontinental Championship from Honky Tonk Man at SummerSlam 1988, both of which are top moments in wrestling history and I wish I could have gotten to see more of his work outside of the E.

RIP

Re: Outlaw Ron Bass Passes Away

May he rest in peace. Know the name but hadn't seen much of his.
    First set of inductees for Titans: Bret Hart, Randy Savage, Shawn Michaels, "Stone Cold" Steve Austin and The Undertaker

Comment

May he rest in peace. Know the name but hadn't seen much of his.
      First set of inductees for Titans: Bret Hart, Randy Savage, Shawn Michaels, "Stone Cold" Steve Austin and The Undertaker

Comment

My first knowledge of Bass was his feud with Barry Windham in Florida. Great heel.

Comment

My first knowledge of Bass was his feud with Barry Windham in Florida. Great heel.

Comment

Weirdly, I was just reading about him recently, after thinking "Wasn't he just a poor man's Stan Hansen?"

Comment

Weirdly, I was just reading about him recently, after thinking "Wasn't he just a poor man's Stan Hansen?"

Comment

The Beefcake spurs incident was even bigger than that time Berzerker tried stabbing Undertaker. Seems like every fan of my generation remembers it vividly. The big red x covering Beefcake's blood was a nice touch. Bass had also a cool finisher with his proto-Pedigree Gourdbuster. My brother was actually a big Ron Bass fan. And people think I have weird tastes! Watched a Bass shoot last year. He was the rare old wrestler who wasn't bitter. Seemed like a really cool guy.

RIP Outlaw

Comment

The Beefcake spurs incident was even bigger than that time Berzerker tried stabbing Undertaker. Seems like every fan of my generation remembers it vividly. The big red x covering Beefcake's blood was a nice touch. Bass had also a cool finisher with his proto-Pedigree Gourdbuster. My brother was actually a big Ron Bass fan. And people think I have weird tastes! Watched a Bass shoot last year. He was the rare old wrestler who wasn't bitter. Seemed like a really cool guy.

RIP Outlaw

Comment

Working...
                  X