X
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: The New NXT Developmental Divas Updates Thread

Originally posted by Dex-star View Post
    On the other hand she could be another Layla who was already 29/30 when she won the diva search. I do think she has potential , in that house show tag match you posted while back she was actually already taking lucha moves which was impressive
    True about Layla. And judging by the quick instances we've seen Summer in action, she seems to appear more natural in the ring than Layla was at this point, so that's a good sign.

Comment

And Summer, like Layla, certainly doesn't look 30 so that's definitely in her favour.

Comment

Summer looks younger and I think with how "well" Kelly worked out as WWE's premiere Diva, who was probably too young I think Summer will have a good 6 or 7 years in WWE.

Comment

Nice showing from Paige and Summer...I liked that Summer picked up the win. Makes the feud more interesting and keeps things going...Summer showed a lot of potential heel wise after the match. You can see she's confident and it looks like she'll own the top heel role in NXT. Her age was something I thought about when she was originally signed but like LS pointed out, she doesn't look it and with her already being able to put on decent matches I'm sure WWE will push her regardless of her age. She'll probably come in as a manager...hopefully someone who WWE wants to succeed and not just a throwaway talent.

Dani looked good in the backstage segment and Sasha gives me AJ every time I see her lol. She just comes across as a likable person.

surrender

Comment

Summer Rae def looked better on television rather than photos i've seen, looked a lot younger than orginially thought which is good! She does seem confident which is a plus aswell, like others said, its just a shame they can't seem to bother with good, consistant storylines on the main roster.

Comment

Dani's profile picture has been removed from the NXT Divas roster, but the page itself still available if you have the link. We've seen similar situations like this where it means they've been released, but we'll have to wait and see.

For some reason I could see her coming to the main roster when Fandango re-debuts (he's been dancing with a girl in the vignettes - it's not Dani, but I could see them possibly bringing her up to dance with him). Coincidentally, after I thought of this possibility, I went to her Twitter and saw her most recent Twitter activity was retweeting Fandango.

If my theory - which is just a complete guess - is true, I doubt they'd remove her from the NXT roster page (especially before even debuting), but maybe she's getting a new name and new pics for a new gimmick.

Comment

^She did keep tweeting about taking new photos so maybe that's why her profile was pulled down. I'm always weary about profile removals though...9 times out of 10 it means they've been released. I definitely could see her as Fandango's partner though...she fits the bill looks wise. If that is the case, hopefully she can dance and won't just be floating around in ballroom gowns lol. As I was watching the promo for him last night I thought about them using an NXT diva as a valet for him but I couldn't think of one that would work who isn't needed in the division. Dani really is the only one who doesn't seem to be wrestling currently.

surrender

Comment

Davina has announced that her NXT ring name will be Bayley.

Comment

Cute, but it needs a surname!!

Comment

New Diva alert

http://www.diva-dirt.com/2013/02/20/wwe-signs-new-diva/
                      WWE has signed a new Diva by the name of Kendra Smith, who has already reported to developmental facility NXT for training.

Smith confirmed the signing on her official website by posting a few videos of her in the early stages of wrestling training under the headline, “WWE Diva Developmental Program”.

In addition, she posted a photo on Instagram of her recording studio shots for NXT’s show that tapes from Full Sail University in Orlando, Florida.

Not much is known about Smith in terms of how far along she is in her training, although she does list pro wrestling in her skill set alongside kickboxing, Muay Thai, and MMA/Grappling. She also looks to be an avid stunt woman who specializes in “aerial harness, air ram, green screen, and weapons.”

Honestly the best non-indy wrestler type of signing you can get. Seems like she should turn out to be pretty good.

Comment

That's the ring announcer that surrender posted in the OP, but it's good to hear that she's got a fighting background.

Comment

Well geeze.

Comment

Just knowing that tidbit of information about makes her one of my new favorites before she even started. I mean hell she has pro wrestling training. She's like the new Trinity in that sense of her being many things other than a prowrestler. I hope she does very well for herself.

Comment

Cool signing...hopefully her experience helps her stand out in NXT. Since she's ring announcing we probably won't see her in the ring often right away...I wish they would just hire someone to do ring announcing instead of throwing the new divas into the position lol. It's just so random, one week they're ring announcing and the next they're the focal point of the division.

surrender

Comment

I love it when a woman can do that.

Why is it that WWE's developmental Divas are better as a whole than the main roster ladies?

Comment

Working...
                                X