No announcement yet.

Mae Young Classic Spoiler Discussion

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• They showed the 6-woman tag during the MYC Road to the Finals special and it was an enjoyable match, if kinda weird in terms of booking. I liked the fact that Tom, Nigel, and Beth Phoenix were the ones calling the match. That would have made for a great team during the whole tournament outside of putting Mauro in.

Now onto the match, I liked the fact that the four women who lost the main event first round matches (Jazzy, Sarah, Santana, and Tessa) were chosen. I looked at all the other first round losers to try and think of a reason why Marti Belle was there and saw that she was the only other "experienced" woman outside of Kay Lee Ray and Sage Beckett. Sage really should have gotten her slot in the 6-woman tag. The funny thing was that Jazzy was the most over and she was put of the "heel" team with Tessa and Kay Lee. On the other hand, Marti Belle was booed loudly during her "face" entrance, but she got some cheers along the match. Santana got booed during her hot tag offense on Jazzy. The girls did really well. Sarah and KLR had some really good strikes. Tessa was amazing as a heel (BORN FOR IT), and her offense on the ropes and spike DDT looked beautiful. Santana was athletic, but she really did not shine at all. And Marti was there. Just there.

Hope we get another multi-woman match tomorrow during the finals! I would love to see more from the other losers, like Abbey, Dakota, Toni, and Piper!
    ★ DO IT WITH FLAIR! ★

-surrender-

Comment

• Great bookend to the Mae Young Classic. Great match, and the right person won.

I'd like to see Kairi on SmackDown, with the roster they have.

Still My Champ
      Thanks, surrender.

Comment

• Sane wins in a great match Working the ribs was a great touch.

Funny how bad the IWC is at predicting what will be popular. Kavita Devi vs Dakota Kai is near 2 million views. Second most viewed match was Princesea Sugheit vs Kay Lee Ray. Two biggest stars were Kavita Devi and Princesea Sugheit.
        Flowers gathered in the morning,
        Afternoon they blossom on,
        Still are withered by the evening:
        You can be me when I'm gone.

Comment

• Originally posted by Engel View Post
          Sane wins in a great match Working the ribs was a great touch.

Funny how bad the IWC is at predicting what will be popular. Kavita Devi vs Dakota Kai is near 2 million views. Second most viewed match was Princesea Sugheit vs Kay Lee Ray. Two biggest stars were Kavita Devi and Princesea Sugheit.
          Indians and Mexicans will watch en masse, their stars compete. So it's not too much of a surprise that it's that high.

Still My Champ
          Thanks, surrender.

Comment

• Originally posted by Engel View Post
            Sane wins in a great match Working the ribs was a great touch.

The token India talent getting a shit ton of views doesn't mean the 'wwe universe' likes it.

That was a great match to finish the tournament. I feel like I'm eating my words on my Shayna hate, her and Kairi both performed great tonight.

Comment

• It was a fine finish for the tournament but I'm just really not a fan of the Shayna product. I thought Bianca/Kairi was THE match of the tournament.

Triple H just revealed that Kairi will take part in a multi woman contest for the NXT title at the next takeover. I'd DIE for her to feud with Peyton who is fast on the rise.

Comment

• Originally posted by nazzer View Post
                That was a great match to finish the tournament. I feel like I'm eating my words on my Shayna hate, her and Kairi both performed great tonight.
                She can work and her selling tonight was great. I can't wait to see her after Del Ray is done with her.

Interesting Kairi will have to fight for the title. NXT is obviously way behind her already naming her trademark moves. But fighting for the title means she has to go through Ember Moon, The Iconic Duo, Ruby Riot and Nikki Storm. NXT's women's belt without Asuka just became one of the most interesting belts in wrestling.

Do not really wanted to see Sane feud with Peyton because I do not want to see the Iconic Duo stuck in NXT any longer. Sadly without their own show though, women are screwed when they leave NXT.
                Flowers gathered in the morning,
                Afternoon they blossom on,
                Still are withered by the evening:
                You can be me when I'm gone.

Comment

• I think Raw women might be screwed. I still think SD has the better female roster

Thank you Surrender!!!
                  Voted Co-Most Underrated Nerdery Poster of 2014 (With Raven*)
                  If prowrestling were fake, it would make every fan in the history of the sport a complete & utter moron - Monty Burns

Comment

• A WILD SUMMER RAE APPEARED!!!

I thought the match was a mixed bag. I guess I was a little disappointed because it wasn't as smooth as Kairi/Toni, Toni/Piper, Kairi/Bianca, or Kairi/Tessa. But for what it was, it was a great match. Smart attack on the ribs to set the platform for Kairi to fight out of Shayna's rear naked choke. And I thought both girls played their roles really well, because the crowd went from being half for Kairi and half for Shayna to being totally behind Kairi. They were so behind Kairi that Shayna getting the win at the end would have put a damper on the ending of the whole tournament.

Production-wise, it was kinda messy though. So Kairi won. And then? We'll see in the future, then. Congratulations to Kairi!

Edit: Just read the report that she'll be getting an NXT Women's Championship match at Houston. She'll probably go up against Ember Moon, who is the only possible choice at the moment. But this week's NXT TV tapings could shape up very interesting if it was a multiple woman match. I think Kairi would work well with Peyton.
                    Last edited by Kaye88; 1 week ago.
                    ★ DO IT WITH FLAIR! ★

-surrender-

Comment

• That final was amazing and justified the booking of the tournament. Kairi showed something I haven't really seen in the previous rounds. Her offense was convincing, and her hanging with a much larger opponent was believable. Great psychology. Shayna's great at everything. For the first time in this tournament, she had to sell long-term, and she did a fantastic job. That match wouldn't have worked half as well as it did if it weren't for her selling.

Another point regarding Shayna is who she chooses to shake hands with. You see her refuse handshakes in the first round and you just think "oh, she's a dick heel, I get it". But as the tournament went on, she shook hands with Mercedes, former mentor/associate, making the point that you have to earn Shayna's respect. She gave Kairi a little slap on the hand before their match. I saw that as an acknowledgement of the credibility of her opponent, but not full respect. That was earned when Kairi pinned her shoulders to the mat and won the tournament. Nice little bit of storytelling there. Shayna is awesome.

Comment

• Really thought they were giving it to Shayna, so I expected to wake up and read the results and be pissed. Shocking. I'm kinda disappointed they didn't just make the finals for the title, but since it wasn't a Takeover, well that makes sense. I kinda hope it isn't Ember. She has had several title shots already. But I guess she cracked Batista's code.

Comment

Working...
                        X