Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: Mccool's work as a face is underrated from purely in-ring stand point

Originally posted by ShwaggyD View Post
    I agree with your point, but to be fair Charlotte has nowhere near the amount of wrestling training and experience of Michelle. Michelle has had the advantage of being with Undertaker, something that people tend to not take into consideration. I have noticed over time that the women who are in relationships with male wrestlers tend to be much better in the ring than those that aren't. Look at the Bella's and Naomi, all greatly improved in ring skills from training and learning from and with their mates.

Charlotte's in ring abilities do get exposed when she has to wrestle someone new to her, which I admit bothers me a bit considering how hard the WWE is shoving her down my throat saying she is the best woman wrestler on the roster. That being said I think her promo work and in ring persona is one of the best of the women's division right now and think her wrestling abilities with slowly catch up over time.
    Wtf ?

Michelle spent less than a year combined training full time in DSW/OVW.

Charlotte started training in May 2012 and didn't have her first televised match until over a year later. She spent a total of three years in NXT training full time. Charlotte also got to train the PC which has vastly better resources than places like DSW/OVW.

Charlotte also had the advantage of getting to train with the likes of Sasha, Becky, Bayley, Paige, Natalya, Sara Del Rey, Sarah Stock, and others.

Michelle had Angelina Love, Kristal Marshall , Kirssy Vaine, Trenesha Biggers, and Tracey Taylor to work with in comparison.

Also I find the "female wrestler is married to so and so male wrestler so they get better through osmosis instead of actual hard work" argument silly but even taking that into consideration Charlotte's dad is Rick Flair , it's not like she doesn't have family members who can give her advice on the wrestling business.

Like I don't see how anyone could say that Michelle had more training/experience than Charlotte. The fact that Michelle became as good she did is remarkable considering her expedited training process.

Originally posted by gl4mazon View Post
    I get what you're saying and as I said I recognise Michelle brought the best work out of Maria and maryse (although still not great let's be honest) but if it boils down to who is an overall better and more perfected wrestler/ package honestly I would say Charlotte. But not by miles - all credit due to McCool
    Better overall package yes I'd agree Charlotte has much more charisma, and has better mic skills than Michelle did. However in terms of pure wrestling ability I'd still say Michelle was better than Charlotte is at this point and time.

Comment

Originally posted by ShwaggyD View Post
      I agree with your point, but to be fair Charlotte has nowhere near the amount of wrestling training and experience of Michelle. Michelle has had the advantage of being with Undertaker, something that people tend to not take into consideration. I have noticed over time that the women who are in relationships with male wrestlers tend to be much better in the ring than those that aren't. Look at the Bella's and Naomi, all greatly improved in ring skills from training and learning from and with their mates.

Charlotte's in ring abilities do get exposed when she has to wrestle someone new to her, which I admit bothers me a bit considering how hard the WWE is shoving her down my throat saying she is the best woman wrestler on the roster. That being said I think her promo work and in ring persona is one of the best of the women's division right now and think her wrestling abilities with slowly catch up over time.
      Wtf ?

Michelle spent less than a year combined training full time in DSW/OVW.

Charlotte started training in May 2012 and didn't have her first televised match until over a year later. She spent a total of three years in NXT training full time. Charlotte also got to train the PC which has vastly better resources than places like DSW/OVW.

Charlotte also had the advantage of getting to train with the likes of Sasha, Becky, Bayley, Paige, Natalya, Sara Del Rey, Sarah Stock, and others.

Michelle had Angelina Love, Kristal Marshall , Kirssy Vaine, Trenesha Biggers, and Tracey Taylor to work with in comparison.

Also I find the "female wrestler is married to so and so male wrestler so they get better through osmosis instead of actual hard work" argument silly but even taking that into consideration Charlotte's dad is Rick Flair , it's not like she doesn't have family members who can give her advice on the wrestling business.

Like I don't see how anyone could say that Michelle had more training/experience than Charlotte. The fact that Michelle became as good she did is remarkable considering her expedited training process.

Originally posted by gl4mazon View Post
      I get what you're saying and as I said I recognise Michelle brought the best work out of Maria and maryse (although still not great let's be honest) but if it boils down to who is an overall better and more perfected wrestler/ package honestly I would say Charlotte. But not by miles - all credit due to McCool
      Better overall package yes I'd agree Charlotte has much more charisma, and has better mic skills than Michelle did. However in terms of pure wrestling ability I'd still say Michelle was better than Charlotte is at this point and time.

Comment

Athletically Charlotte kills Michelle. She can do everything in the ring Michelle can and more and she does it with a taller and thicker frame to boot. Michelle still has better ring psychology though, which how she is able to do better carry jobs.

That being said, sorry, Michelle still was underwhelming as face, even in the example you showed. Her style of breaking down a limb for submissions is the kind of ruthless pragmatism that works perfectly for a heel, but is TERRIBLE face psychology.

The only thing better about Michelle McCool's face run was her finisher. Wings of Love>>>>>>>>>>Faithbreaker.

Comment

Athletically Charlotte kills Michelle. She can do everything in the ring Michelle can and more and she does it with a taller and thicker frame to boot. Michelle still has better ring psychology though, which how she is able to do better carry jobs.

That being said, sorry, Michelle still was underwhelming as face, even in the example you showed. Her style of breaking down a limb for submissions is the kind of ruthless pragmatism that works perfectly for a heel, but is TERRIBLE face psychology.

The only thing better about Michelle McCool's face run was her finisher. Wings of Love>>>>>>>>>>Faithbreaker.

Comment

Charlotte right now is basically a more well-appreciated and a Michelle McCool that is given more reign to work with. Face Michelle was quite iffy, honestly. Athletically, she was good, but it was hard to get into her matches given how she was bigger than most of the girls she was working with during that time that it was hard to take her seriously as a face in peril. And honestly, the same can be said about Charlotte. That said, Michelle is a better carrier. She can work with your greenest girls and make them look like a hundred bucks (like Maria, Kelly, etc.).

<-- Resident Michelle McCool and Charlotte stan since 2008.
            ★ DO IT WITH FLAIR! ★

-surrender-

Comment

Charlotte right now is basically a more well-appreciated and a Michelle McCool that is given more reign to work with. Face Michelle was quite iffy, honestly. Athletically, she was good, but it was hard to get into her matches given how she was bigger than most of the girls she was working with during that time that it was hard to take her seriously as a face in peril. And honestly, the same can be said about Charlotte. That said, Michelle is a better carrier. She can work with your greenest girls and make them look like a hundred bucks (like Maria, Kelly, etc.).

<-- Resident Michelle McCool and Charlotte stan since 2008.
              ★ DO IT WITH FLAIR! ★

-surrender-

Comment

Michelle was twiggy as fuck, she would have been easy believable as a face in peril, she just didn't work that style.

Comment

Michelle was twiggy as fuck, she would have been easy believable as a face in peril, she just didn't work that style.

Comment

Ughh Michelle was terrible. Fucking the Undertaker did wonders for her career because that was when she got her mega push. I couldn't stand watching her skinny ass beat Nattie who in a shoot could break her legs.

Comment

Ughh Michelle was terrible. Fucking the Undertaker did wonders for her career because that was when she got her mega push. I couldn't stand watching her skinny ass beat Nattie who in a shoot could break her legs.

Comment

I don't think Michelle was underrated as a face, tbh. People were always pretty ignorant about the work-rate of most divas at that time.

For the most part, I never felt that her ring work was in question (once she'd established herself), unlike much of the other aspects of her face character. She was just SO good as a heel, it was like night and day. Whilst she was always pretty good as a face-worker, I always thought her psychology was fantastic as a heel, she just got it.

Comment

I don't think Michelle was underrated as a face, tbh. People were always pretty ignorant about the work-rate of most divas at that time.

For the most part, I never felt that her ring work was in question (once she'd established herself), unlike much of the other aspects of her face character. She was just SO good as a heel, it was like night and day. Whilst she was always pretty good as a face-worker, I always thought her psychology was fantastic as a heel, she just got it.

Comment

Working...
                          X