Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: 4/11 Smackdown Women's Shake up

Originally posted by Emperor View Post
    I don't get the "Tamina can't wrestle and has no redeeming qualities" meme that dominates this subforum, like she's Ashley Massaro or something. Not even Nia Jax gets that level of hate, and Tamina is way better than she will probably ever be. Tamina is far from great, but I think she's quite good. She has the fundamentals down and she's quite athletic. It's nice to have a fresh face on the scene and in 2017 I'd rather see her than the likes of Natalya and Mickie James.
    It's not that she's awful, she's just so f*cking boring. Watching a Tamina match is about as exciting as watching paint dry. That's the problem.

But I will give her the benefit of the doubt. Girls are allowed to do more in the ring than when she last wrestled. All the heels had the most awful, boring movesets about 2 years ago, so I will give her another chance (even though she still looks boring).

Comment

Originally posted by Kaye88 View Post
      Wait, Becky jobbing to lesser skilled women? The only woman she's ever really lost to consistently was Alexa Bliss and that's because Alexa was the champion. Even after Becky lost her title, she was in a side feud with Mickie James, which she won. Granted, it wasn't the best feud, but she was still featured. She got a title shot when Naomi dropped the title and of course it went back to Alexa because she's a heel and it's always good to have a face win the title from a heel. You don't see Becky repeatedly losing cleanly to Carmella.

With Naomi as top face now, Becky will have to take a backseat unless she turns (which I hope she won't). She can do a side feud with Tamina (for now, I guess) while Charlotte takes the title from Naomi and you run back the Becky and Charlotte animosity since PCB in a title feud that can be extended until Survivor Series or Wrestlemania. That's what happens. Let the other girls have the spotlight and she'll go back to being in the sun.
      You sort of made my point. Alexa is no where near as talented in the ring as Becky, in fact Becky is really the only one that makes Alexa look good in the ring. I'm not saying that I think Alexa is terrible, just that I find her matches hard to watch. The reality of the WWE under Vince has always been that muscles and great promos are what get the best pushes from him over in ring talent. This is how Alexa 'stole' Becky's championship push. As a mic worker Alexa has quickly evolved into one of top women which I have tremendous respect for. That doesn't mean I view her as the best. I love the Naomi push and hope it goes for a while, she does deserve the spotlight for a while. She has grown both on the mic and in the ring through hard work and that deserves to be rewarded. Becky deserves to be in the picture, after all she was SD's #1 women's pick.

Comment

Originally posted by Kaye88 View Post
        Wait, Becky jobbing to lesser skilled women? The only woman she's ever really lost to consistently was Alexa Bliss and that's because Alexa was the champion. Even after Becky lost her title, she was in a side feud with Mickie James, which she won. Granted, it wasn't the best feud, but she was still featured. She got a title shot when Naomi dropped the title and of course it went back to Alexa because she's a heel and it's always good to have a face win the title from a heel. You don't see Becky repeatedly losing cleanly to Carmella.

With Naomi as top face now, Becky will have to take a backseat unless she turns (which I hope she won't). She can do a side feud with Tamina (for now, I guess) while Charlotte takes the title from Naomi and you run back the Becky and Charlotte animosity since PCB in a title feud that can be extended until Survivor Series or Wrestlemania. That's what happens. Let the other girls have the spotlight and she'll go back to being in the sun.
        You sort of made my point. Alexa is no where near as talented in the ring as Becky, in fact Becky is really the only one that makes Alexa look good in the ring. I'm not saying that I think Alexa is terrible, just that I find her matches hard to watch. The reality of the WWE under Vince has always been that muscles and great promos are what get the best pushes from him over in ring talent. This is how Alexa 'stole' Becky's championship push. As a mic worker Alexa has quickly evolved into one of top women which I have tremendous respect for. That doesn't mean I view her as the best. I love the Naomi push and hope it goes for a while, she does deserve the spotlight for a while. She has grown both on the mic and in the ring through hard work and that deserves to be rewarded. Becky deserves to be in the picture, after all she was SD's #1 women's pick.

Comment

Originally posted by ShwaggyD View Post
          Now this I agree with. Alexa still has miles to improve in the ring to be on the same level as Becky or even Naomi in the ring. As of now, she's getting the Trish Stratus push of being the great character that still needs a lot of in ring work.

I do think the medical emergency Becky had to deal with back in October/November really impacted how quickly she lost the belt. As it was, only Alexa got the spotlight during that feud and she stole it completely that it made no sense to hold off on her push. If Becky had been at full health and sparring with Alexa more, Lexi wouldn't have won the belt that early into Becky's reign (and only in her second defense, too). I would like to see Becky and Naomi have a friendly match or two for the title. But we all know Charlotte's in and she'll be shot straight to the title. Becky will come after.
          ★ DO IT WITH FLAIR! ★

-surrender-

Comment

Originally posted by ShwaggyD View Post
            Now this I agree with. Alexa still has miles to improve in the ring to be on the same level as Becky or even Naomi in the ring. As of now, she's getting the Trish Stratus push of being the great character that still needs a lot of in ring work.

I do think the medical emergency Becky had to deal with back in October/November really impacted how quickly she lost the belt. As it was, only Alexa got the spotlight during that feud and she stole it completely that it made no sense to hold off on her push. If Becky had been at full health and sparring with Alexa more, Lexi wouldn't have won the belt that early into Becky's reign (and only in her second defense, too). I would like to see Becky and Naomi have a friendly match or two for the title. But we all know Charlotte's in and she'll be shot straight to the title. Becky will come after.
            ★ DO IT WITH FLAIR! ★

-surrender-

Comment

TBH, I really think Mickie lost her prime. I don't see the point of her being there anymore. With her switching to Raw, I could be wrong. I don't really know if she is heel or face. I don't know in some way she could of stayed on SD and feud with Natalya, if she turned face lol.

I was bothered with Tamina being introduced. I mean all this time, I thought she was in SD. I think they kind of screwed it up for the SD women's division. I think they could have transferred Alicia and the guy she is managing. They could of feuded with Carmella and the guy she is paired up (I think I forgot his name lol). When I saw them wrestle each other at Survivor Series, it seemed like they could have good chemistry. If anything, they could of brought up Tamina in a different way; and not making it count as a roster draft. Then, we have Lana. I don't see that kind of gimmick helping her to be a serious wrestler. Its also similar to Summer's gimmick. Looking forward seeing Charlotte feuding with Naomi. I just hope Naomi doesn't drop the belt soon. Charlotte should have beaten Nia, before going to SD though.

Overall, I think Raw benefited from the draft than SD lol.

Comment

TBH, I really think Mickie lost her prime. I don't see the point of her being there anymore. With her switching to Raw, I could be wrong. I don't really know if she is heel or face. I don't know in some way she could of stayed on SD and feud with Natalya, if she turned face lol.

I was bothered with Tamina being introduced. I mean all this time, I thought she was in SD. I think they kind of screwed it up for the SD women's division. I think they could have transferred Alicia and the guy she is managing. They could of feuded with Carmella and the guy she is paired up (I think I forgot his name lol). When I saw them wrestle each other at Survivor Series, it seemed like they could have good chemistry. If anything, they could of brought up Tamina in a different way; and not making it count as a roster draft. Then, we have Lana. I don't see that kind of gimmick helping her to be a serious wrestler. Its also similar to Summer's gimmick. Looking forward seeing Charlotte feuding with Naomi. I just hope Naomi doesn't drop the belt soon. Charlotte should have beaten Nia, before going to SD though.

Overall, I think Raw benefited from the draft than SD lol.

Comment

I agree Alicia could have definitely benefited with a move to SD. RAW has both Summer and Paige (?) waiting in the wings.

Comment

I agree Alicia could have definitely benefited with a move to SD. RAW has both Summer and Paige (?) waiting in the wings.

Comment

Working...
                    X