Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Beth Phoenix entering the Hall of Fame

Confirmed by WWE.com today.

Thoughts? Is she/her career deserving? Were you a fan of the Glamazon?

Re: Beth Phoenix entering the Hall of Fame

Cyndi Lauper
    Miss Elizabeth
    Bull Nakano
    Ivory

All women that should be in before Beth.

Still My Champ
    Thanks, surrender.

Comment

Cyndi Lauper
      Miss Elizabeth
      Bull Nakano
      Ivory

Still My Champ
      Thanks, surrender.

Comment

Beth is definitely one of the girls from her era who I would choose for the Hall of Fame, but I can't help but think how much better her career/legacy could have been had WWE's booking been better.

I think 2008 was her peak in terms of her character and storylines - the breakup feud with Melina, followed up the Glamarella partnership, were all enjoyable. Those two angles are also good examples of her range, as one was a heated feud with some physicality while the other was a more comedic role.

Her face run when she moved to SmackDown was pretty good too.

Divas of Doom was an absolute disaster - which is a shame because I think if her and Nattie's characters + the storyline were all not so horrible, the team could have actually made a mark as heels and helped bring some new interest into the division. Instead it had the opposite effect and was just plain bad, with embarrassing and horrible writing. I've always maintained they should have feuded with the Chickbusters instead of being so heavily involved with Kelly Kelly, which would have 1) produced better matches and 2) added even more substance to AJ going psycho on Kaitlyn during the Daniel Bryan saga the following year.

In terms of her matches, I'd say two of her best were Vengeance 2011 with Eve Torres and the Tables match with Natalya against LayCool at TLC 2010.

Comment

Beth is definitely one of the girls from her era who I would choose for the Hall of Fame, but I can't help but think how much better her career/legacy could have been had WWE's booking been better.

I think 2008 was her peak in terms of her character and storylines - the breakup feud with Melina, followed up the Glamarella partnership, were all enjoyable. Those two angles are also good examples of her range, as one was a heated feud with some physicality while the other was a more comedic role.

Her face run when she moved to SmackDown was pretty good too.

Divas of Doom was an absolute disaster - which is a shame because I think if her and Nattie's characters + the storyline were all not so horrible, the team could have actually made a mark as heels and helped bring some new interest into the division. Instead it had the opposite effect and was just plain bad, with embarrassing and horrible writing. I've always maintained they should have feuded with the Chickbusters instead of being so heavily involved with Kelly Kelly, which would have 1) produced better matches and 2) added even more substance to AJ going psycho on Kaitlyn during the Daniel Bryan saga the following year.

In terms of her matches, I'd say two of her best were Vengeance 2011 with Eve Torres and the Tables match with Natalya against LayCool at TLC 2010.

Comment

If you're someone that's very concerned about the history of women's wrestling, Beth Phoenix in the Hall of Fame is probably a headscratcher.

If you get that Beth is probably in good graces with the company, and WWE probably feels like they need to fill a quota, this makes sense.
            Originally posted by mx518
            he's one of the biggest smarks on this board and epitomizes everything that a smark actually is.
            No, it's just called being realistic; I never thought I'd see DJM join the dark side.
            NOBODY PUTS BABY IN A CORNER!

Comment

If you're someone that's very concerned about the history of women's wrestling, Beth Phoenix in the Hall of Fame is probably a headscratcher.

If you get that Beth is probably in good graces with the company, and WWE probably feels like they need to fill a quota, this makes sense.
              he's one of the biggest smarks on this board and epitomizes everything that a smark actually is.
              No, it's just called being realistic; I never thought I'd see DJM join the dark side.
              NOBODY PUTS BABY IN A CORNER!

Comment

Will Edge or Nattie induct her?

Edge must have some pull. Taker can't even get his wife in the WWE HOF, The Undertaker!

Originally posted by CM Punk'd View Post
                Cyndi Lauper
                Miss Elizabeth
                Bull Nakano
                Ivory

Vickie Guerrero should have been the diva pick this year even if she wasn't a wrestler.
                Currently Playing:
                Cosmic Star Heroine(PS4), Rocket League(PS4), Steins;Gate 0(PS4)

Comment

Will Edge or Nattie induct her?

Edge must have some pull. Taker can't even get his wife in the WWE HOF, The Undertaker!

Cyndi Lauper
                  Miss Elizabeth
                  Bull Nakano
                  Ivory

Vickie Guerrero should have been the diva pick this year even if she wasn't a wrestler.
                  Currently Playing:
                  Cosmic Star Heroine(PS4), Rocket League(PS4), Steins;Gate 0(PS4)

Comment

Cyndi Lauper
                    Miss Elizabeth
                    Bull Nakano
                    Ivory

Sable, Chyna, and Luna Vachon as well. Even Molly Holly and Victoria.

Honestly, this doesn't make sense to me. Way too soon.

Comment

Cyndi Lauper
                      Miss Elizabeth
                      Bull Nakano
                      Ivory

Sable, Chyna, and Luna Vachon as well. Even Molly Holly and Victoria.

Honestly, this doesn't make sense to me. Way too soon.

Comment

Think this is a good move. Clearly chyna won't be a first choice into the halll fame cos of Steph and hunter

Comment

Think this is a good move. Clearly chyna won't be a first choice into the halll fame cos of Steph and hunter

Comment

AJ Lee did more in a year for women in the WWE than anyone else in the last 10, and is nowhere to be found. We know the reasons, so I have a theory, that eventually, everyone on good terms with the WWE will be inducted.

Comment

AJ Lee did more in a year for women in the WWE than anyone else in the last 10, and is nowhere to be found. We know the reasons, so I have a theory, that eventually, everyone on good terms with the WWE will be inducted.

Comment

Working...
                              X