Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Did Naomi Really 'Deserve' To Be Champion?

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Did Naomi Really 'Deserve' To Be Champion?

Let me preface this by saying I haven't seen enough of Naomi to form an opinion either way, but her win seems to have generated a swell of mixed emotions.

I'm interested to know, what makes Naomi a deserving champion?

What are some of the matches that stick out, or promos?

Re: Did Naomi Really 'Deserve' To Be Champion?

Originally posted by Big Pete View Post
    Let me preface this by saying I haven't seen enough of Naomi to form an opinion either way, but her win seems to have generated a swell of mixed emotions.

I honestly can't think of a single one. She's pretty mediocre on the mic. Her match with Alexa was the best I've seen from her yet.. I guess they just felt like giving the title to a face again? I honestly don't see her holding onto it for much longer unless she steps up her game big time
    Fuck The Revival!

Comment

Originally posted by Big Pete View Post

I honestly can't think of a single one. She's pretty mediocre on the mic. Her match with Alexa was the best I've seen from her yet.. I guess they just felt like giving the title to a face again? I honestly don't see her holding onto it for much longer unless she steps up her game big time
      Fuck The Revival!

Comment

It was probably just a respect reign. I can't think of too many memorable matches/segments, but on the same token has she ever really been given anything to work with? She has never been the focus throughout her career, so was she ever in a position to have a standout performance? The commentators constantly touted her as the best athlete the division has to offer. Didn't really do any favors when they said the same to Billy Gunn and Shelton Benjamin. Once she finally turned heel... well that was at the exact same time Nikki did and there was no way she was getting any traction that way.

It was also a case of them probably not having a choice the way they booked it. We all know how WWE loves to humiliate people in their hometowns. And the fact that Alexa totally ignored her in the build-up to the match would make her look like shit. But then again that's how they booked HTM and Kurt Angle as champions... frequent non-title jobs and then screwy ways to retain when it counted.

Comment

It was probably just a respect reign. I can't think of too many memorable matches/segments, but on the same token has she ever really been given anything to work with? She has never been the focus throughout her career, so was she ever in a position to have a standout performance? The commentators constantly touted her as the best athlete the division has to offer. Didn't really do any favors when they said the same to Billy Gunn and Shelton Benjamin. Once she finally turned heel... well that was at the exact same time Nikki did and there was no way she was getting any traction that way.

It was also a case of them probably not having a choice the way they booked it. We all know how WWE loves to humiliate people in their hometowns. And the fact that Alexa totally ignored her in the build-up to the match would make her look like shit. But then again that's how they booked HTM and Kurt Angle as champions... frequent non-title jobs and then screwy ways to retain when it counted.

Comment

She absolutely deserves it.

She's been with them a long time now and gives her all. Some of the greatest woman in the industry may not have had the best mic skills (Lita, Gail Kim, Asuka, Chyna to name a few) but she is solid in the ring and was/is a breath of fresh air in terms of move-set and being a bit adventurous in the ring with her style of wrestling.

When we've had woman like Kelly Kelly as the champion I can't understand some people having a big issue with Naomi getting a reign and i'm glad she's finally got a chance with the belt, you can tell it means a lot to her and she's been overlooked several times in the past but stayed patient and ambitious.

Good on her.

Comment

She absolutely deserves it.

She's been with them a long time now and gives her all. Some of the greatest woman in the industry may not have had the best mic skills (Lita, Gail Kim, Asuka, Chyna to name a few) but she is solid in the ring and was/is a breath of fresh air in terms of move-set and being a bit adventurous in the ring with her style of wrestling.

When we've had woman like Kelly Kelly as the champion I can't understand some people having a big issue with Naomi getting a reign and i'm glad she's finally got a chance with the belt, you can tell it means a lot to her and she's been overlooked several times in the past but stayed patient and ambitious.

Good on her.

Comment

When woman's wrestling was at an all time low in the WWE and treated as a joke her and AJ Lee showed women's wrestling could be as good as the guys. Those two easily had the best match in nXt season 3. And how were they rewarded to be eliminated 3rd and 2nd in the competition for someone who was still learning wrestling. They gave the wrestling contract to the one who was the worst at it. AJ Lee who came in 3rd place eventually got her due but what about Naomi. She gets called back 3rd to shake her booty with someone holding her down and dancing for someone holding her back. Nether of those two careers went anywhere after they left the WWE either. She even had one of her first Wrestlemania took from her because the show was running long. I know a lot of people are upset she beat Alexa Bliss but she hasn't even been on the main roster a year. And giving some a title too early can be just as bad as giving it to them too late. So yes Naomi definitely deserves this for all she has been through in the WWE.
                TNA Forum Title History
                Forum Championship (1 time)
                Tag Team Championship (3 time)
                X Championship (2 time)
                Internet Championship (3 time)

Comment

When woman's wrestling was at an all time low in the WWE and treated as a joke her and AJ Lee showed women's wrestling could be as good as the guys. Those two easily had the best match in nXt season 3. And how were they rewarded to be eliminated 3rd and 2nd in the competition for someone who was still learning wrestling. They gave the wrestling contract to the one who was the worst at it. AJ Lee who came in 3rd place eventually got her due but what about Naomi. She gets called back 3rd to shake her booty with someone holding her down and dancing for someone holding her back. Nether of those two careers went anywhere after they left the WWE either. She even had one of her first Wrestlemania took from her because the show was running long. I know a lot of people are upset she beat Alexa Bliss but she hasn't even been on the main roster a year. And giving some a title too early can be just as bad as giving it to them too late. So yes Naomi definitely deserves this for all she has been through in the WWE.
                  TNA Forum Title History
                  Forum Championship (1 time)
                  Tag Team Championship (3 time)
                  X Championship (2 time)
                  Internet Championship (3 time)

Comment

I think she deserves to at least carry the title down the aisle for her WrestleMania match. But I don't think she'll win there.

If I book the women for Mania, I'd make it a Fatal Four Way between Naomi, Alexa, Mickie, and Becky.

Still My Champ
                    Thanks, surrender.

Comment

I think she deserves to at least carry the title down the aisle for her WrestleMania match. But I don't think she'll win there.

If I book the women for Mania, I'd make it a Fatal Four Way between Naomi, Alexa, Mickie, and Becky.

Still My Champ
                      Thanks, surrender.

Comment

She deserves it as much as anyone else in WWE. It's just a babyface chant and nothing more.

I just find two things really puzzling and haven't really been clearly answered. Why do suddenly people have such an issue with the "You Deserve It" chants since Naomi won the SD Women's Title? Also, why are people set on the idea that Alexa Bliss is somehow light-years ahead of her?
                        Originally posted by mx518
                        he's one of the biggest smarks on this board and epitomizes everything that a smark actually is.
                        No, it's just called being realistic; I never thought I'd see DJM join the dark side.
                        NOBODY PUTS BABY IN A CORNER!

Comment

She deserves it as much as anyone else in WWE. It's just a babyface chant and nothing more.

I just find two things really puzzling and haven't really been clearly answered. Why do suddenly people have such an issue with the "You Deserve It" chants since Naomi won the SD Women's Title? Also, why are people set on the idea that Alexa Bliss is somehow light-years ahead of her?
                          he's one of the biggest smarks on this board and epitomizes everything that a smark actually is.
                          No, it's just called being realistic; I never thought I'd see DJM join the dark side.
                          NOBODY PUTS BABY IN A CORNER!

Comment

Originally posted by Djm View Post
                            We know why.

Comment

Originally posted by Djm View Post
                              We know why.

Comment

Working...
                              X