Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Did Naomi Really 'Deserve' To Be Champion?

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: Did Naomi Really 'Deserve' To Be Champion?

So let me get this right, she deserves it for being a company girl?

By that logic, doesn't Heath Slater 'deserve' to be WWE Champion?

Thanks for the match recommendation [MENTION=2390]X-zero[/MENTION].

So far I've got...

Naomi vs AJ Lee - NXT 11/23/10

A six minute match from over six years ago that prove her credentials. Surely there has to be something else?
    [MENTION=34279]Djm[/MENTION] It wasn't sudden and I don't think Naomi was the target, rather it was Bray Wyatt who was supposed to be the biggest heel on the roster and yet he's getting babyface reactions. Naomi is copping it by proxy but I think there has always been a groundswell of people who didn't like her. Since she's relevant, it's as good a time as any to really explore her body of work to see where she fits in the grand scheme of things.

Comment

So far I've got...

A six minute match from over six years ago that prove her credentials. Surely there has to be something else?
      [MENTION=34279]Djm[/MENTION] It wasn't sudden and I don't think Naomi was the target, rather it was Bray Wyatt who was supposed to be the biggest heel on the roster and yet he's getting babyface reactions. Naomi is copping it by proxy but I think there has always been a groundswell of people who didn't like her. Since she's relevant, it's as good a time as any to really explore her body of work to see where she fits in the grand scheme of things.

Comment

I mean, I don't think Naomi really deserved it. Not that she couldn't deserve it. But she sorta showed up again out of the blue, got a title shot, and won.

Plus Naomi's addition ruined what I thought could have been a pretty good Mickie/Becky/Alexa story, so.....

The only person who has gotten the chant that deserved it was Bryan.

Big thanks to Surrender!

PW Accolades

Spoiler

Comment

I mean, I don't think Naomi really deserved it. Not that she couldn't deserve it. But she sorta showed up again out of the blue, got a title shot, and won.

Plus Naomi's addition ruined what I thought could have been a pretty good Mickie/Becky/Alexa story, so.....

The only person who has gotten the chant that deserved it was Bryan.

Big thanks to Surrender!

PW Accolades

Spoiler

Comment

Heath Slater would deserve an IC title reign for sure.

Comment

Heath Slater would deserve an IC title reign for sure.

Comment

Originally posted by Big Pete View Post

So far I've got...

Back then 6 minutes was consider a lot. The woman wrestlemania match around said time was like 4 minutes and features 10 women. It isn't like woman have multiple title tiers of title like the men so they have to use that one as a thank you for all your years.
                TNA Forum Title History
                Forum Championship (1 time)
                Tag Team Championship (3 time)
                X Championship (2 time)
                Internet Championship (3 time)

Comment

So far I've got...

Back then 6 minutes was consider a lot. The woman wrestlemania match around said time was like 4 minutes and features 10 women. It isn't like woman have multiple title tiers of title like the men so they have to use that one as a thank you for all your years.
                  TNA Forum Title History
                  Forum Championship (1 time)
                  Tag Team Championship (3 time)
                  X Championship (2 time)
                  Internet Championship (3 time)

Comment

So far I've got...

Naomi vs. Nikki Bella at Extreme Rules 2015 is a good match - if you can get past the half-dead crowd and enjoy the action. Paige vs. Naomi at MITB 2014 is another good one.

Comment

So far I've got...

Naomi vs. Nikki Bella at Extreme Rules 2015 is a good match - if you can get past the half-dead crowd and enjoy the action. Paige vs. Naomi at MITB 2014 is another good one.

Comment

I think she "deserved" it for the sole fact that she went from background dancer to champion. Hell of a rise.

Honestly, only 2 people truly "deserved" it and that was Mic Foley and Daniel Bryan. Chris Benoit would've been on the list, until he went Manson.

Comment

I think she "deserved" it for the sole fact that she went from background dancer to champion. Hell of a rise.

Honestly, only 2 people truly "deserved" it and that was Mic Foley and Daniel Bryan. Chris Benoit would've been on the list, until he went Manson.

Comment

Originally posted by surrender View Post
                            We know why.
                            I wanna make it clear that I'm making no assumptions on this at all, including the obvious. But I'd really like to hear an answer
                            Originally posted by mx518
                            he's one of the biggest smarks on this board and epitomizes everything that a smark actually is.
                            No, it's just called being realistic; I never thought I'd see DJM join the dark side.
                            NOBODY PUTS BABY IN A CORNER!

Comment

Originally posted by surrender View Post
                              We know why.
                              I wanna make it clear that I'm making no assumptions on this at all, including the obvious. But I'd really like to hear an answer
                              he's one of the biggest smarks on this board and epitomizes everything that a smark actually is.
                              No, it's just called being realistic; I never thought I'd see DJM join the dark side.
                              NOBODY PUTS BABY IN A CORNER!

Comment

Originally posted by Djm View Post
                                I just think, ya know, she was off tv for a few months. She came back, got in a two week story, then won.

That's just how I see it.

Big thanks to Surrender!

PW Accolades

Spoiler

Comment

Working...
                                X