Hulk Hogan's Contract to Expire October 1st

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Hulk Hogan's Contract to Expire October 1st

Would normally post something like this in the general discussion thread, but obviously if Hogan is released it is likely to have a significant impact (no pun intended) on TNA's future. Via prowrestling.net:

Hulk Hogan's contract with the company expires on October 1, according to multiple sources within the company. There is no indication that Hogan and TNA have come to terms on a new deal. Sources within the Hogan camp declined to comment on the matter.

Powell's POV: It seems logical that Hogan worked out his original deal so that it would expire shortly before the Bound For Glory pay-per-view, as that would give him the most leverage given that it's TNA's biggest event of the year. I am not aware of whether TNA has an option to trigger a renewal clause as they did last year.
    IMO it would be better for all sides if TNA let Hogan go. He hasn't had any noticeable effect on ratings and his influence over the company has caused it to start bleeding money at a horrific rate, to the point where they cannot renew a huge amount of contracts.

Hogan isn't really getting anything out of TNA either. Yes, he's paid a fair wedge, but he could get just as much doing promotional events or one off appearances with WWE - where he'd also get significantly more exposure.

Are there any pros to Hogan staying in TNA ... ? He's still big abroad, I guess? But unless TNA are planning to set up in Germany or the UK it's kind of irrelevant.

Re: Hulk Hogan's Contract to Expire October 1st

My buddy seems to think the he and Sting will be coming over for WrestleMania.

Banner Credit: Spike

Comment

My buddy seems to think the he and Sting will be coming over for WrestleMania.

Comment

People think Sting is coming over every year.

Comment

People think Sting is coming over every year.

Comment

I think both parties would benefit tremendously from separating. He's not drawing, he's rarely mentioning Impact in media (and when he does, he usually says stupid shit like Jeff Hardy and AJ Styles are the future of TNA), and he's leaching money from the company while doing it.

In all honesty, it's Hulk fucking Hogan. He can make money doing whatever he wants, wherever he wants. But as of now, he's not doing anything for TNA.

sigpic

Comment

I think both parties would benefit tremendously from separating. He's not drawing, he's rarely mentioning Impact in media (and when he does, he usually says stupid shit like Jeff Hardy and AJ Styles are the future of TNA), and he's leaching money from the company while doing it.

In all honesty, it's Hulk fucking Hogan. He can make money doing whatever he wants, wherever he wants. But as of now, he's not doing anything for TNA.

sigpic

Comment

There was a part of me that was rooting for Hogan to make a difference but its been 3 years and he hasn't done anything special. Before he arrived they had an awesome women's division, tag team division, x division, Heavyweight division but all of that has declined. I think it might be time for them to part ways because he's not producing at all.

Comment

There was a part of me that was rooting for Hogan to make a difference but its been 3 years and he hasn't done anything special. Before he arrived they had an awesome women's division, tag team division, x division, Heavyweight division but all of that has declined. I think it might be time for them to part ways because he's not producing at all.

Comment

In my opinion stars have emerged since Hogan came to TNA, not sure how much is on Hogan's Shoulders. Bobby Roode, Austin Aries...

Comment

In my opinion stars have emerged since Hogan came to TNA, not sure how much is on Hogan's Shoulders. Bobby Roode, Austin Aries...

Comment

How great would it be, at Wrestlemania 30, to hear the theme song of the man who started it all!

Thanks JV for the artwork!!

Comment

How great would it be, at Wrestlemania 30, to hear the theme song of the man who started it all!

Thanks JV for the artwork!!

Comment

Get the bum out of here. All he's done is get overpaid while making outrageous promises to revolutionize wrestling. He took away the six sided ring along with everything else that made TNA unique, and what? 0.8s! He's a bum and he's always about Hogan. Its always Hogan above the business. Don't just let his contract expire throw him in a garbage truck along with Bischoff.

Comment

Get the bum out of here. All he's done is get overpaid while making outrageous promises to revolutionize wrestling. He took away the six sided ring along with everything else that made TNA unique, and what? 0.8s! He's a bum and he's always about Hogan. Its always Hogan above the business. Don't just let his contract expire throw him in a garbage truck along with Bischoff.

Comment

Working...
                              X