Wrestling Pet Peeves

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Re: Wrestling Pet Peeves

I hate that every time a new wrestler debuts and does a dropkick, they are automatically so impressive.

Big thanks to Surrender!

PW Accolades

Spoiler

Comment

I hate that every time a new wrestler debuts and does a dropkick, they are automatically so impressive.

Big thanks to Surrender!

PW Accolades

Spoiler

Comment

Originally posted by Dazz View Post
        Agreed, a dropkick is never impressive.

Unless you are John Cena, because The Dropkick is always impressive as fuck
        That's all, folks.

Comment

Originally posted by Dazz View Post
          Agreed, a dropkick is never impressive.

Unless you are John Cena, because The Dropkick is always impressive as fuck
          That's all, folks.

Comment

Emma is adorable. She's cute, bubbly and looks like a ton of fun, not to mention she's easy on the eyes.

She's also had some decent matches in NXT, she can definitely get it done in the ring.

A ton and a half of credit to Rad for this superb artwork

Originally posted by The Miz
            I'd rather you all hate me for everything I am than love me for something i'm not
            Days Oncall has left to use his MITB Contract: 300-ish

Comment

Emma is adorable. She's cute, bubbly and looks like a ton of fun, not to mention she's easy on the eyes.

She's also had some decent matches in NXT, she can definitely get it done in the ring.

A ton and a half of credit to Rad for this superb artwork

Originally posted by The Miz
              I'd rather you all hate me for everything I am than love me for something i'm not
              Days Oncall has left to use his MITB Contract: 300-ish

Comment

BTW, Emperor, I just got done re-reading your opening post and realized there is one point you make that no one seemed to bother trying to defend (I wonder why...).

Originally posted by Emperor View Post
                Over-the-top moves
                There are many of these out there. I'll name a few examples. Sin Cara's armdrag. Fuck that move. Why would you go to all that trouble to perform an armdrag? Undertaker's old school, as cool as it is, is similarly ridiculous. However, the worst offender I have seen is Rob Van Dam (sorry, Shinobi). RVD is very fortunate Benoit was gracious enough to walk over halfway across the ring to get hit by his opponent's stupidly elaborate crossbody, as RVD certainly wasn't checking to see where Benoit was.
                I can get the frustration with super moves like those (though I don't share it at all), but believe it or not, there is a point to Sin Cara/Mistico's armdrag!

The constant swinging in Sin Cara's (and all smaller sized luchadores) moves is meant to cause confusion and dizziness on the opponent, as well as making them lose their balance, allowing the attacker to finish with a move they would otherwise find hard to pull off on the opponent. This is the same principle that allows La Mistica (which finishes in a Fujiwara Armbar) to work on big opponents.
                That's all, folks.

Comment

BTW, Emperor, I just got done re-reading your opening post and realized there is one point you make that no one seemed to bother trying to defend (I wonder why...).

Originally posted by Emperor View Post
                  Over-the-top moves
                  There are many of these out there. I'll name a few examples. Sin Cara's armdrag. Fuck that move. Why would you go to all that trouble to perform an armdrag? Undertaker's old school, as cool as it is, is similarly ridiculous. However, the worst offender I have seen is Rob Van Dam (sorry, Shinobi). RVD is very fortunate Benoit was gracious enough to walk over halfway across the ring to get hit by his opponent's stupidly elaborate crossbody, as RVD certainly wasn't checking to see where Benoit was.
                  I can get the frustration with super moves like those (though I don't share it at all), but believe it or not, there is a point to Sin Cara/Mistico's armdrag!

The constant swinging in Sin Cara's (and all smaller sized luchadores) moves is meant to cause confusion and dizziness on the opponent, as well as making them lose their balance, allowing the attacker to finish with a move they would otherwise find hard to pull off on the opponent. This is the same principle that allows La Mistica (which finishes in a Fujiwara Armbar) to work on big opponents.
                  That's all, folks.

Comment

Over-the-top moves????

I always hated the Styles Clash...especially the one off the second rope.
                    Like a guy is really gonna give up his arms like that.

Emmalution will knock you down to size

Comment

Over-the-top moves????

I always hated the Styles Clash...especially the one off the second rope.
                      Like a guy is really gonna give up his arms like that.

Emmalution will knock you down to size

Comment

I have no problem with moves that are over the top.

It's wrestling, damn it, it's all over the top.

Big thanks to Surrender!

PW Accolades

Spoiler

Comment

I have no problem with moves that are over the top.

It's wrestling, damn it, it's all over the top.

Big thanks to Surrender!

PW Accolades

Spoiler

Comment

How every move, every single wrestler has ever done is cited as "vintage" by Michael Cole.

"OH MY GOD THAT'S A VINTAGE PUNCH FROM SANTINO MARELLA!!!!" annoys me a little.

Comment

How every move, every single wrestler has ever done is cited as "vintage" by Michael Cole.

"OH MY GOD THAT'S A VINTAGE PUNCH FROM SANTINO MARELLA!!!!" annoys me a little.

Comment

Originally posted by Oncall View Post
                                I don't disagree with any of that. However, that "dance" is infuriating, and the fact that it is her entire gimmick is also infuriating.

Originally posted by Nightwolf View Post

I can understand that logic, and I have no problem with La Mistica, as the Fujiwara Armbar is a pretty nasty move. However, going to all that effort just to slide your opponent across the ring with an armdrag seems a little silly to me.

Comment

Working...
                                X