X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Ratings Thread.....June 22, 2013 and on

All talk about ratings goes in this thread

http://s7.zetaboards.com/S_W_A_T/index/

My beautiful oldest grand daughter Munchkin born Sept 6, 2012, And Evie Girl August 20, 2014
    2013 my beautiful son died, 2014 my dad died and in 2016 my loved Teddy the Pom, may they RIP

[/color]

Re: Ratings Thread.....June 22, 2013 and on

Alright, let's talk ratings.

First, a quick reminder of TNA's most recent rating.

From PWTorch... Don't head towards its light...

TNA Impact on Thursday, June 20 officially scored a 0.86 rating off a first hour 0.87 rating and second hour 0.86 rating.

All quarter-hours were below-average against the NBA Finals Game 7, ranging from a 0.82 to a 0.92. The peak rating and the low-point rating came within a 30-minute span in the first hour.
    Poop.

Now, it's time for the breakdown!

First Hour Break Down

Q1: Impact opened with a 0.82 rating, which was the lowest rating of the show. This was supposed to be avoided when TNA returned to the 9:00 p.m. EST timeslot, but the NBA competition skewed the rating this week.

The segment featured an amateurish skit kicking off the Bound for Glory Series with Hulk Hogan, Jeff Hardy, Bobby Roode, and a collection of interchangeable wrestlers in the ring. This was followed by one commercial.

Q2: Impact increased to a 0.90 rating for Mr. Anderson vs. Joseph Park, one commercial, and non-wrestling segment.

Q3: Impact scored a peak rating of a 0.92 for Austin Aries vs. Jay Bradley, one commercial, and Daniels vs. Hernandez.

Q4: Impact dropped one-tenth of a rating to a 0.83 rating for a segment that included two full commercial breaks and Magnus vs. Kazarian.

Second Hour Break Down

Q5: Impact did not get its top-of-the-hour bump, only scoring a 0.84 rating for Brooke Hogan's Knockouts Address, plus one commercial, then A.J. Styles walking to the ring. This was the lowest-rated "top of the second hour" rating of the year and lowest since Thanksgiving 2012.

Q6: Impact was essentially flat with a 0.85 rating for Styles calling out Samoa Joe, the first-half of their match, and one commercial.

Q7: Impact was essentially flat with a 0.84 rating for the second-half of Joe vs. Styles, one commercial, Hulk Hogan addressing muted X Division wrestlers backstage, main event ring introductions, and the first few minutes of Jeff Hardy vs. Bobby Roode.

Q8: Impact increased to a second-hour-high 0.91 rating for the end of Hardy vs. Roode, one mid-match commercial, and Sting bringing out his new Main Event Mafia member, Kurt Angle, to take out Bully Ray as Impact faded out.
    My thoughts:

Q1: Yeah, let's blame the NBA... 'Cause wrestling has never been able to pull in good numbers when up against sports... Oh, I just broke my sarcasm...

Q2: Joseph Park equals ratings! It must be the ribs.

Q3: Either Jay Bradley has a lot of boom in his stick... or Aries really is the greatest man ever... Suddenly I feel less manly...

Q4: I blame Chavo... Somehow this is all his fault...

Q5: Trend, where you at? Guess it just let Brooke Hogan take that bullet... Too bad it didn't kill her...

Q6: Joe... AJ... You're better than this. Man, I'm so disappointed in you two. They both must have tripped over bad booking during this match...

Q7: I don't remember Hulk Hogan addressing X-mutes... Is this real? Well, I guess I blame the X-mutes then... for allowing Hulk Hogan to speak so much...

Q8: I really want to give all the credit to Roo... But I think we all know it was because of the old guys... Meh.

Well, at least the numbers seem a bit consistent... that's gotta be worth something... Not sure if next week will get much of a bump. I mean, it's a taped show... and those ones don't seem to do quite as good as the live ones. Guess we'll see.

Laters.

Comment

For the benefit of those with flash photography... Ratings!

Taken from PWTorch... With my knee...

TNA Impact on Thursday, June 27 scored a 0.91 rating, slightly improving on a 0.86 rating last week.

Impact averaged 1.108 million viewers, slightly improving on an average of 1.083 million viewers last week against Game 7 of the NBA Finals featuring the Miami Heat.

Impact was opposed by the NBA Draft, which averaged three million viewers and was the most-watched Draft in ten years. This dates back to the loaded class of 2003, which, coincidentally, featured current Heat stars LeBron James, Dwayne Wade, and Chris Bosh.

Overall on cable TV Thursday night, Impact ranked #39 in overall viewers, a very distant #27 in males 18-34, and #21 among males 18-49.

The m18-34 rating was down one-tenth of a rating compared to last week, while Impact did not chart in adults 18-34. The key demos that improved from last week were m18-49, adults 18-49, and teen males.

- One year ago, Impact scored a 0.98 rating. The key demos from 2012 to 2013 are nearly identical when averaging out the slight differences across the board.
      And somehow they find a way to still blame the NBA... Despite the fact they just showed that the ratings were better last year... Stop giving TNA excuses! Jesus!

Breakdowns whenever. Be there!

Comment

Hey, why don't we try something different for a change? Like... Uhh... breaking down some ratings! Yay! Quiet, you!

From PWTorch... Yup...

First Hour Break Down

- Q1: Impact opened with a 0.91 rating for Sting & Kurt Angle in the ring, Aces & Eights backstage, and one commercial.

Peak viewership in males 18-49 was 402,000 viewers at 9:04 p.m. for Sting celebrating re-starting Main Event Mafia.

- Q2: Impact was flat with a 0.92 rating for the X Division three-way match, plus one mid-match commercial.

Peak viewership in m18-49 was 403,000 viewers at 9:17 p.m. for the X Title ring introductions. Peak viewership during the actual match was 384,000 viewers at 9:20 p.m. when the match cut to break. The finish got 350,000 viewers at 9:29 p.m.

- Q3: Impact increased slightly to a 0.95 rating for Hulk Hogan addressing the X Division/Suicide situation, one commercial, and a Gut Check match.

Peak viewership in m18-49 was 404,000 viewers at 9:42 and 9:43 p.m. for the end of Big O vs. Ryan Howe, then Sting & Angle walking backstage.

- Q4: Impact dipped to a show-low 0.87 rating for videos, backstage segments, set-up for the Knockouts Title match, and one-and-a-half commercials.

Despite being the lowest-rated segment of the first hour, peak viewership of the first hour was in Q4 - 431,000 viewers at 9:51 p.m. for Velvet Sky's ring introduction for the KO Title match.

Second Hour Break Down

- Q5: Impact increased to a show-high 0.98 rating for Mickie vs. Velvet for the KO Title, one commercial, and backstage segments.

Peak viewership in m18-49 was 460,000 viewers at 10:05 p.m. and 459,000 viewers at 10:06 p.m. for the finish of Mickie-Velvet. These were the two most-watched minutes of the entire show, and the entire match stayed above 400,000 viewers, which boosted the quarter-hour rating.

- Q6: Impact dipped to a 0.92 rating for Magnus vs. Bobby Roode, one commercial, and A&E backstage.

Peak viewership in m18-49 was 404,000 viewers at 10:16 p.m. for the start of Magnus vs. Roode. Viewers tuned out throughout the match before Impact rebounded to 364,000 viewers at 10:24 p.m. when Impact cut to break.

- Q7: Impact dipped to a second-hour-low 0.89 rating for the Storm & Gunner-Bro-Man's in-ring talking segment, one commercial, and the first-half of Samoa Joe vs. Mr. Anderson in the main event.

Peak viewership in m18-49 was 400,000 viewers at 10:32 p.m. for the start of Storm/Gunner-Bro-Man's. Viewership was steady right below 400,000 before Impact cut to break at 10:36 p.m.

- Q8: Impact increased to a 0.95 rating for the second-half of Joe-Angle and the show-closing angle revolving around Suicide/Austin Aries.

Peak viewership in m18-49 was 413,000 viewers at 10:47 p.m. for the end of Joe-Anderson. At the end of the show, Impact averaged 414,000 viewers at 10:57, 430,000 viewers at 10:58, and 418,000 viewers at 10:59 once Aries revealed himself as Suicide. This fell short of the Knockouts match at the top of the second hour.
        My thoughts:

Q1: People really do love them some nostalgia... Dummies.

Q2: So, X-ring entrances draw more than X-wrestling? Can somebody please hand me an X-gun so I can X-eat it...

Q3: Who knew the Big-O was so over? Why does that seem like a stupid thing to say?

Q4: I guess you can't blame dat ass. Huzzah!

Q5: The trend has returned! Thank you, trend.

Q6: Do people only like the wrestlers and not the wrestling? Wrestling fans are very strange fans indeed.

Q7: Proof that James Storm plus a microphone equals nothing good... They'd be better off giving Garrett and Briscoe more mic time...

Q8: See? If TNA put everybody behind masks the ratings would skyrocket! Skyrocket I tells ya!

Well, at least the ratings seem a bit more stable throughout the show. The only problem is their audience is not growing. How do you fix that? Hell if I know... Maybe nipples? No? Then I got nothing.

Bye.

Comment

Ratings.

-- The July 4th edition of TNA iMPACT! Wrestling scored a 0.78 (0.8) cable rating, with 1.05 million viewers. This is down from the previous week's 0.91 (0.9) rating and 1.11 million viewers.
          Holidays... Ain't they a bitch? That being said, TNA has done way better in past years... So, they're partly to blame too.

Breakdowns? It took this long for the actual rating to come out... sort of doubt we'll be getting breakdowns. Who knows?

Comment

Time to break down some ratings. Just for the hell of it.

From PWTorch... to your hands...

Quarter-by-Quarter Break Down

Figures cited are for the m18-49 demographic.

- Q1: Impact opened with a 0.56 rating with the peak viewership of the show for Hulk Hogan sorting out the X Division mess and booking the main event of Aries vs. Sabin vs. Manik for the X Division Title, plus one commercial.

- Q2: Impact dipped to a 0.43 rating for A.J. Styles vs. Kazarian (with Christopher Daniels), one commercial, and Mickie James's in-ring promo. In a split segment, Mickie's promo segment hurt the quarter-hour rating.

Styles-Kazarian averaged 312,000 viewers in the first-half of the segment, then Mickie's promo averaged 233,000 viewers in the second-half.

- Q3: Impact slipped to a 0.40 rating for Gut Check deliberations, one commercial, Jay Bradley vs. Hernandez, and Bully Ray backstage. No portion of Q3 made much noise. The peak was 304,000 viewers at 9:32 p.m. just before a commercial.

During this quarter-hour, Impact lost 33,000 viewers to "Pawn Stars" at 9;34 p.m. and 33,000 movies to a TNT movie at 9:39 p.m.

- Q4: Impact slipped to a show-low 0.38 rating for GunStorm vs. Bro-Mans and two full commercial breaks. The peak viewership was 309,000 viewers at 9:59 p.m. when Impact returned from commercial for the Main Event Mafia's segment at the top of the second hour.

- Q5: Impact jumped to a 0.52 rating for the Mafia's promos and introduction of Magnus as their newest member. Peak viewership was 422,000 viewers at 10:05 p.m. for Magnus's introduction before the audience fell off once the reveal was made.

Looking at the viewership flow within the segment, Impact gained 22,000 viewers from an FXM Prime Movie at 10:04 p.m. and 18,000 viewers from Macy's 4th of July Fireworks show at 10:05 p.m.

- Q6: Impact stayed at a 0.52 rating buoyed by a steady audience for Jeff Hardy in action against Joseph Park. Peak viewership was 401,000 viewers at 10:23 p.m. for the finish of the match.

A big contributor to the audience bump was 40,000 viewers from "Dog & Beth: On the Hunt" at 10:23 p.m. Other than the first minute of the show, this was the top contributor of the show.

When Impact cut to break after the match, Impact then lost 40,000 viewers to "Call of the Wildman" on Animal Planet.

- Q7: Impact stayed at a 0.52 rating for the Gut Check Evaluation, one commercial, and ring introductions for the TV main event. Peak viewership was 384,000 viewers at 10:44 p.m. for the minute just before the match started.

- Q8: Impact inched up to a 0.53 rating for the X Division Title three-way match. Peak viewership was 361,000 viewers for the conclusion of the match.
            My thoughts:

Q1: And the show starts off with a bang... A bang as powerful as a sparkler...

Q2: Mickie would have been better off just jumping off the ladder...

Q3: I guess Al Snow's pimp suit scared off the audience...

Q4: Maybe the viewers thought Storm was gonna cut another promo and prematurely decided to run for the hills? I don't blame them for being overly cautious around that drunk.

Q5: The trend strikes again! I'll just ignore the part about the ratings dropping after the Magnus reveal...

Q6: Consistency! Can't say much about that thing... It's consistent.

Q7: More consistency! Maybe people just accidentally left their TV's on when they went outside to see the fireworks? Who knows?

Q8: Any tiny growth for X-wrestling is a good thing. Huzzah!

You'd think the 1st hour would have been stronger than the 2nd. That seems a bit odd to me. Anyways, I guess TNA better hope everyone comes back for next week. Or else shit will be hitting fan.

Out! And out!

Comment

More ratings for you number marks.

Source: PWTorch... It lights your fire...

TNA Impact on Thursday, July 11 rebounded to a 0.99 rating. Last week, Impact drew a year-low 0.77 rating on the Fourth of July.

Impact averaged 1.19 million viewers compared to 1.05 million viewers on the holiday last week.

Putting the viewership in a broader comparison range, Impact has averaged 1.10 million viewers since returning to 9:00 pm. and averaged 1.17 million viewers since WrestleMania Season.

On cable TV Thursday night, Impact ranked #33 in overall viewers, a distant #24 among males 18-34, and #16 among males 18-49.

The m18-34 demographic actually decreased slightly compared to last week's holiday show, while the m18-49 demo jumped to a two-month high. TNA also got a ratings surge in the teen male demographic.
              And the quest to break passed the 1.0 mark continues... again! Will you ever win, TNA? Of course not.

Breakdowns coming soon to a theater near you!

Bye-Bye-Bye! Ain't no lie! Yeesh.

Comment

With those numbers, I am surprised that TNA is able to survive let alone being able to compete with WWE.

Comment

And now... ratings!

From PWTorch... Torchalicious...

The "Destination X" TNA Impact on Thursday, July 18 scored a 1.16 rating, up 17 percent from last week's rating.

It was the first Impact to top a 1.0 rating since June and the highest-rated Impact since January 24.

Impact averaged 1.494 million viewers, up 25 percent from last week's average. What would have been middle-of-the-road viewership last year was the most-watched Impact since January this year.

- On cable TV Thursday night, Impact ranked #30 in overall viewers, #18 in males 18-34, and #16 in males 18-49.

Impact was boosted by one-tenth of a ratings jump in adults 18-49, males 18-34, and adults 18-34. However, m18-49 & m12-34 were flat compared to last week.

- Impact appeared to be helped by its lead-in show, "Cops," which averaged 1.374 million viewers at 8:30 p.m. EST on Spike TV leading into Impact. Also, Cops was only slightly behind Impact in males 18-49.

Although outside of the key male demos, Cops outdrew Impact among women 18-34 by one-tenth of a ratings point, reflecting Impact drawing a male-heavy audience.
                  They finally broke the 1.0 barrier... again! Was it the free PPV concept? Was it the Title change? Was it because of Cops? Who knows! Let's just see if TNA can maintain that momentum... I'm betting on 'No'.

Bye.

Comment

And now... ratings!

From PWTorch... Torchalicious...

The "Destination X" TNA Impact on Thursday, July 18 scored a 1.16 rating, up 17 percent from last week's rating.

It was the first Impact to top a 1.0 rating since June and the highest-rated Impact since January 24.

Impact averaged 1.494 million viewers, up 25 percent from last week's average. What would have been middle-of-the-road viewership last year was the most-watched Impact since January this year.

- On cable TV Thursday night, Impact ranked #30 in overall viewers, #18 in males 18-34, and #16 in males 18-49.

Impact was boosted by one-tenth of a ratings jump in adults 18-49, males 18-34, and adults 18-34. However, m18-49 & m12-34 were flat compared to last week.

- Impact appeared to be helped by its lead-in show, "Cops," which averaged 1.374 million viewers at 8:30 p.m. EST on Spike TV leading into Impact. Also, Cops was only slightly behind Impact in males 18-49.

Although outside of the key male demos, Cops outdrew Impact among women 18-34 by one-tenth of a ratings point, reflecting Impact drawing a male-heavy audience.
                    They finally broke the 1.0 barrier... again! Was it the free PPV concept? Was it the Title change? Was it because of Cops? Who knows! Let's just see if TNA can maintain that momentum... I'm betting on 'No'.

Bye.

Comment

Time to break down some ratings just for the fuck of it. Here we go.

From PWTorch... It's internet wrestling hell...

First Hour Break Down

Q1: Impact opened with a first-hour-high 1.16 rating for the opening segment featuring Hulk Hogan, Bully Ray, and Brooke Hogan following the "Cops" lead-in. There was also one commercial.

Q2: After the Hogan segment, Impact dropped to a show-low 1.03 rating for the first-half of Austin Aries vs. Bobby Roode, plus one commercial.

Q3: Impact increased to a 1.14 rating for the finish of Roode-Aries, one commercial, and the first of three X Division qualifying matches. The match featured Petey Williams, Homicide, and Sonjay Dutt.

Q4: Impact tied with Q1 with a 1.16 rating for the second of two X Division matches and two full commercial breaks. The match featured Chavo Guerrero, Kenny King, and Manik.

Second Hour Break Down

Q5: Impact jumped to a 1.23 rating for Main Event Mafia-Aces & Eights confrontation, one commercial, and the first portion of the third X Division match. This match featured the former Trent Barreta, Rubix, and Rockstar Spud.

Q6: Impact declined to a second-hour-low 1.18 rating for the finish of the X Division match, one commercial, and Mickie James-Gail Kim in the ring.

Q7: Impact increased to a then-show-high 1.25 rating for main event ring introductions, the first portion of Bully Ray vs. Chris Sabin for the TNA Title, and one commercial.

Q8: Impact increased to an overall show-high 1.31 rating for the conclusion of Bully vs. Sabin, plus one commercial.
                      Me thoughts:

Q1: I guess the Cops audience really isn't into boring drama involving the Hogan's... Few are.

Q2: I still blame the Hogan's... They literally killed the audience with boring...

Q3: Oldschool TNA equals ratings! Booyah!

Q4: This night was all win for the X-Division. Just imagine how much more ratings they would have gotten had they busted out the 6-sided ring. Oh well.

Q5: Trend! And it's stronger than ever.

Q6: Why am I not surprised that a promo with Mickie James and Gail Kim lost ratings...?

Q7: I think the spoilers for the show came out around this time...

Q8: So, I'm gonna go ahead and say people tuned in because they wanted to see the Title change.

That first hour doesn't look as good as the 2nd... Anyways, it's a good rating for one show... but something tells me that next week won't be as good. I could be wrong though... You never know.

Done.

Comment

Time to break down some ratings just for the fuck of it. Here we go.

From PWTorch... It's internet wrestling hell...

First Hour Break Down

Q1: Impact opened with a first-hour-high 1.16 rating for the opening segment featuring Hulk Hogan, Bully Ray, and Brooke Hogan following the "Cops" lead-in. There was also one commercial.

Q2: After the Hogan segment, Impact dropped to a show-low 1.03 rating for the first-half of Austin Aries vs. Bobby Roode, plus one commercial.

Q3: Impact increased to a 1.14 rating for the finish of Roode-Aries, one commercial, and the first of three X Division qualifying matches. The match featured Petey Williams, Homicide, and Sonjay Dutt.

Q4: Impact tied with Q1 with a 1.16 rating for the second of two X Division matches and two full commercial breaks. The match featured Chavo Guerrero, Kenny King, and Manik.

Second Hour Break Down

Q5: Impact jumped to a 1.23 rating for Main Event Mafia-Aces & Eights confrontation, one commercial, and the first portion of the third X Division match. This match featured the former Trent Barreta, Rubix, and Rockstar Spud.

Q6: Impact declined to a second-hour-low 1.18 rating for the finish of the X Division match, one commercial, and Mickie James-Gail Kim in the ring.

Q7: Impact increased to a then-show-high 1.25 rating for main event ring introductions, the first portion of Bully Ray vs. Chris Sabin for the TNA Title, and one commercial.

Q8: Impact increased to an overall show-high 1.31 rating for the conclusion of Bully vs. Sabin, plus one commercial.
                        Me thoughts:

Q1: I guess the Cops audience really isn't into boring drama involving the Hogan's... Few are.

Q2: I still blame the Hogan's... They literally killed the audience with boring...

Q3: Oldschool TNA equals ratings! Booyah!

Q4: This night was all win for the X-Division. Just imagine how much more ratings they would have gotten had they busted out the 6-sided ring. Oh well.

Q5: Trend! And it's stronger than ever.

Q6: Why am I not surprised that a promo with Mickie James and Gail Kim lost ratings...?

Q7: I think the spoilers for the show came out around this time...

Q8: So, I'm gonna go ahead and say people tuned in because they wanted to see the Title change.

That first hour doesn't look as good as the 2nd... Anyways, it's a good rating for one show... but something tells me that next week won't be as good. I could be wrong though... You never know.

Done.

Comment

Ratings related news here:

Source: Pwinsider.com

-- Several top executives at Spike TV were at last week's iMPACT! taping and were said to be very happy about TNA's ratings as they currently stand because they help the network's overall primetime average. The company was particularly happy with the quarter hour rating for Sabin vs. Bully Ray on Impact, reasoning that Bully Ray is working well as a heel and Sabin's story is connecting with viewers.
                          I think they'll soon find out that isn't the reason why Bully/Sabin pulled in the rating it did... Man, I really hope next week's ratings prove my theory...

Anyways, I guess TNA doesn't have to worry about anything on the Spike TV front. All they gotta concern themselves with is their financial situation.

Comment

Ratings related news here:

Source: Pwinsider.com

-- Several top executives at Spike TV were at last week's iMPACT! taping and were said to be very happy about TNA's ratings as they currently stand because they help the network's overall primetime average. The company was particularly happy with the quarter hour rating for Sabin vs. Bully Ray on Impact, reasoning that Bully Ray is working well as a heel and Sabin's story is connecting with viewers.
                            I think they'll soon find out that isn't the reason why Bully/Sabin pulled in the rating it did... Man, I really hope next week's ratings prove my theory...

Anyways, I guess TNA doesn't have to worry about anything on the Spike TV front. All they gotta concern themselves with is their financial situation.

Comment

I feel like PPV buyrates should go in here... So...

Source: The Wrestling Observer Newsletter

-- The TNA Slammiversary PPV did around 15,500 buys. This is down approximately 7% from last year's event and considered a disappointment due to the fact that TNA cut their live PPV schedule from 12 down to 4.
                              I guess cutting back on PPV's wasn't exactly a great idea... Although, if I remember correctly, the card for Slammiversary wasn't exactly all that strong... Eh...

Comment

Working...
                              X