Is Broken Matt Hardy done?

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: Is Broken Matt Hardy done?

Let's give it more then one Raw before we assume it's dead. He's very clearly doing the mannerisms and there are multiple WWE youtube videos of Matt and Jeff using the good old words like obsolete, delete and wonderful etc.

A ton and a half of credit to Rad for this superb artwork

Originally posted by The Miz
    I'd rather you all hate me for everything I am than love me for something i'm not
    Days Oncall has left to use his MITB Contract: 300-ish

Comment

Let's give it more then one Raw before we assume it's dead. He's very clearly doing the mannerisms and there are multiple WWE youtube videos of Matt and Jeff using the good old words like obsolete, delete and wonderful etc.

A ton and a half of credit to Rad for this superb artwork

Originally posted by The Miz
      I'd rather you all hate me for everything I am than love me for something i'm not
      Days Oncall has left to use his MITB Contract: 300-ish

Comment

To be totally honest, I like how Matt is now. It's this hybrid character that seems to be working so far.

You can't ignore the history the Hardy Boyz have in the WWE, but you also can't ignore the last year or two of Matt's career. He's Matt Hardy but with this weird twitch, and the crowd can chant "DELETE!" to their heart's content. It's the best of both worlds.

Maybe sometime down the road the legal thing gets settled, the Hardyz lose the tag titles, then it drives them mad and they become "broken," searching for that one last title reign. Or maybe we just get one last good run out of them and this hybrid team of old and broken continues on. Either way I think I'm happy with it.

Comment

To be totally honest, I like how Matt is now. It's this hybrid character that seems to be working so far.

You can't ignore the history the Hardy Boyz have in the WWE, but you also can't ignore the last year or two of Matt's career. He's Matt Hardy but with this weird twitch, and the crowd can chant "DELETE!" to their heart's content. It's the best of both worlds.

Maybe sometime down the road the legal thing gets settled, the Hardyz lose the tag titles, then it drives them mad and they become "broken," searching for that one last title reign. Or maybe we just get one last good run out of them and this hybrid team of old and broken continues on. Either way I think I'm happy with it.

Comment

Originally posted by Ness View Post
            I'm sure it'll go over as well as when Zack Ryder's show was taken over by WWE.com.
            Haha. Yes. Welcome ... to the sarcastic side of the force!

Originally posted by Oncall View Post
            I hear they're suing the odd word and voice infliction but not the actual character. Like Matt is just being Matt but saying "Wonderful!" Every now and again.

Comment

Originally posted by Ness View Post
              I'm sure it'll go over as well as when Zack Ryder's show was taken over by WWE.com.
              Haha. Yes. Welcome ... to the sarcastic side of the force!

Originally posted by Oncall View Post
              I hear they're suing the odd word and voice infliction but not the actual character. Like Matt is just being Matt but saying "Wonderful!" Every now and again.

Comment

Originally posted by RT View Post

I don't think there's a distinction between WWE Hardys and Broken Hardys. I think they're the same characters ... just doing the broken gimmick is cooler.

Also, I'm really big on storylines making sense and doing it mid way through their WWE run would be odd. You'd have to explain why they went back to their original selves and that'd be hard.

I know, I know, wrestling doesn't have to make sense ... but I wish it did more often.

Comment

Originally posted by RT View Post

I don't think there's a distinction between WWE Hardys and Broken Hardys. I think they're the same characters ... just doing the broken gimmick is cooler.

Also, I'm really big on storylines making sense and doing it mid way through their WWE run would be odd. You'd have to explain why they went back to their original selves and that'd be hard.

I know, I know, wrestling doesn't have to make sense ... but I wish it did more often.

Comment

What I think is while no doubt the Bucks learned a lot from the Hardyz, they learned a lot from the Bucks as well. I think Matt is keeping the Broken gimmick for his fans "in the know." So expect it on Twitter. For WWE, he will do what they want. I assume we will see some of Broken Matt brough to Matt Hardy, but I assume the crazier shit like the Seven Deities and the extended cast are gone. Obviously Nero is gone, which I am bummed about, but get. People LOVE Jeff, so mine as well let them have Jeff, since his time is nearly over.

That sad, I expect Matt to work a new gimmick for WWE that is essentially, Broken Matt 2.0. Fuck they may just redo the whole damn story and just to fuck with TNA refer to him as Fixed Matt Hardy when he returns broken. Which I am actually really down for, as I love WWE remaking classic angles as they tend to nail them when other feds laid out exactly how to do them, e.g. Summer of Punk 2.0.
                    Flowers gathered in the morning,
                    Afternoon they blossom on,
                    Still are withered by the evening:
                    You can be me when I'm gone.

Comment

What I think is while no doubt the Bucks learned a lot from the Hardyz, they learned a lot from the Bucks as well. I think Matt is keeping the Broken gimmick for his fans "in the know." So expect it on Twitter. For WWE, he will do what they want. I assume we will see some of Broken Matt brough to Matt Hardy, but I assume the crazier shit like the Seven Deities and the extended cast are gone. Obviously Nero is gone, which I am bummed about, but get. People LOVE Jeff, so mine as well let them have Jeff, since his time is nearly over.

That sad, I expect Matt to work a new gimmick for WWE that is essentially, Broken Matt 2.0. Fuck they may just redo the whole damn story and just to fuck with TNA refer to him as Fixed Matt Hardy when he returns broken. Which I am actually really down for, as I love WWE remaking classic angles as they tend to nail them when other feds laid out exactly how to do them, e.g. Summer of Punk 2.0.

Comment

Originally posted by Engel View Post
                        What I think is while no doubt the Bucks learned a lot from the Hardyz, they learned a lot from the Bucks as well. I think Matt is keeping the Broken gimmick for his fans "in the know." So expect it on Twitter. For WWE, he will do what they want. I assume we will see some of Broken Matt brough to Matt Hardy, but I assume the crazier shit like the Seven Deities and the extended cast are gone.
                        I'd be disapointed if I was watching the WWE. Here's why.

It's great that twitter and the internet serve as this great space for the talent to do extra stuff to get themselves over. But at the end of the day? You are selling a product. And a huge portion of the audiance is only gonna watch the TV show.

It would be like watching the Walking Dead but all the great stuff only happened on the show's official twitter. I'm all for the internet and such but at some point you gotta put up a good product on the actual show.

Obviously Nero is gone, which I am bummed about, but get. People LOVE Jeff, so mine as well let them have Jeff, since his time is nearly over.
                        Two things. I dont' know how long his contract is or how much longer he'll wrestle but as a fan that's the last thing you wanna hear, I'd suspect, that somebody's time is nearly over. I look at guys like Jericho who can do huge things still but will never be taken seriously or used well because they're older and should only be "Putting over talent" or getting a swan song.

And also, brother Nero is Jeff hardy and vice versa. The fact that Matt was calling him that and Jeff was doing that, it made Jeff Hardy better. Nobody loses for out for the Nero character being there. But people do miss out for it not being there.

I admit this would work. But my respect for writing, again, I wish they would explain everything and make it make sense.

But I can admit it would still be cool.

Comment

What I think is while no doubt the Bucks learned a lot from the Hardyz, they learned a lot from the Bucks as well. I think Matt is keeping the Broken gimmick for his fans "in the know." So expect it on Twitter. For WWE, he will do what they want. I assume we will see some of Broken Matt brough to Matt Hardy, but I assume the crazier shit like the Seven Deities and the extended cast are gone.
                          I'd be disapointed if I was watching the WWE. Here's why.

It's great that twitter and the internet serve as this great space for the talent to do extra stuff to get themselves over. But at the end of the day? You are selling a product. And a huge portion of the audiance is only gonna watch the TV show.

It would be like watching the Walking Dead but all the great stuff only happened on the show's official twitter. I'm all for the internet and such but at some point you gotta put up a good product on the actual show.

Obviously Nero is gone, which I am bummed about, but get. People LOVE Jeff, so mine as well let them have Jeff, since his time is nearly over.
                          Two things. I dont' know how long his contract is or how much longer he'll wrestle but as a fan that's the last thing you wanna hear, I'd suspect, that somebody's time is nearly over. I look at guys like Jericho who can do huge things still but will never be taken seriously or used well because they're older and should only be "Putting over talent" or getting a swan song.

And also, brother Nero is Jeff hardy and vice versa. The fact that Matt was calling him that and Jeff was doing that, it made Jeff Hardy better. Nobody loses for out for the Nero character being there. But people do miss out for it not being there.

I admit this would work. But my respect for writing, again, I wish they would explain everything and make it make sense.

But I can admit it would still be cool.

Comment

Originally posted by Mad Dog Smith View Post
                            Actually, WWE does not. Matt seems happier than he used to be, and his hair is weirder, but Team Extreme is back and as good as ever. In WWE land TNA never happened. So Matt may have been a little loopy at times, but everything is good.

Also if WWE wants to mention Broken Matt, they can refer to a time in the past where Matt was not himself. So when they redo the Broken Angle, which they will no doubt do since it is not only free money, but they can refine the angle to make a Hardyz Boys breakup and Matt breaking even better. The original angle was ok, but I think it would have been far, far better, if Matt was not broken by Jeff doing a high spot, but as a result of Jeff going for the big move instead of looking out for his partner. If I think this, no doubt Matt is considering it. But anyway, they can break Matt and either refer to Broken Matt then, or just mention after he is revealed that this is not the first time something like this has happened to him. As to why he returned to normal, those who watch multiple feds know about character changes, and those who do not, well, they have no idea who Broken Matt is or why he seems odd at times.

Comment

Originally posted by Mad Dog Smith View Post
                              Actually, WWE does not. Matt seems happier than he used to be, and his hair is weirder, but Team Extreme is back and as good as ever. In WWE land TNA never happened. So Matt may have been a little loopy at times, but everything is good.

Also if WWE wants to mention Broken Matt, they can refer to a time in the past where Matt was not himself. So when they redo the Broken Angle, which they will no doubt do since it is not only free money, but they can refine the angle to make a Hardyz Boys breakup and Matt breaking even better. The original angle was ok, but I think it would have been far, far better, if Matt was not broken by Jeff doing a high spot, but as a result of Jeff going for the big move instead of looking out for his partner. If I think this, no doubt Matt is considering it. But anyway, they can break Matt and either refer to Broken Matt then, or just mention after he is revealed that this is not the first time something like this has happened to him. As to why he returned to normal, those who watch multiple feds know about character changes, and those who do not, well, they have no idea who Broken Matt is or why he seems odd at times.

Comment

You'd still have to explain why they reverted. I mean, you odn't have to to do anything, it's like, "How do you kill a vampire, right?"

Anyway you want, Vampires don't exist.

But I suspect that in fiction you get rewarded when people can follow it without having explain on behalf of the company.

I look at it like this. If I'm watching with a non-wrestling fan, and they're not calling out all the ridiculous stuff that doesnt' make sense ...

I call that a win. Because that potential fan has less of an obstacle to becoming a regular fan , and it elevates the product and medium itself.

Comment

Working...
                                X