The Fallen Angel Ascends To The Top

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• The Fallen Angel Ascends To The Top

With Daniels reaching his goal, I took sometime to look back at his highs and lows both in ROH and in TNA.

The Fallen Angel Ascends To The Top

https://wrestlingrecaps.com/2017/03/...ds-to-the-top/

Re: The Fallen Angel Ascends To The Top

I really wanted Dalton to win the belt. And while it's possible Daniels is simply getting a Homicide style reign, his victory made it much more unlikely. I guess in a way I didn't think it was possible. "Let it go" we always said in regards a world title run, much like Cena turning heel or or Summer Rae being used. They simply weren't gonna happen.

But seeing Twitter posts from the business it does seem like one of the legit times someone deserves that particular chant.

Comment

I really wanted Dalton to win the belt. And while it's possible Daniels is simply getting a Homicide style reign, his victory made it much more unlikely. I guess in a way I didn't think it was possible. "Let it go" we always said in regards a world title run, much like Cena turning heel or or Summer Rae being used. They simply weren't gonna happen.

But seeing Twitter posts from the business it does seem like one of the legit times someone deserves that particular chant.

Comment

Angel is one of those talents that ring of honor desperately needs yet doesn't do anything with.

I'm glad they made him the champ. It's gonna be the first time in a long time that they have a champ I'm interested in.

Comment

Angel is one of those talents that ring of honor desperately needs yet doesn't do anything with.

I'm glad they made him the champ. It's gonna be the first time in a long time that they have a champ I'm interested in.

Comment

Originally posted by Mad Dog Smith View Post

I plan on checking out his match with Cole. I'm thinking it's a short-lived run. I just don't know who they'd put it on.

Comment

Originally posted by Mad Dog Smith View Post

I plan on checking out his match with Cole. I'm thinking it's a short-lived run. I just don't know who they'd put it on.

Comment

Originally posted by WrestlingRecap View Post
                I don't care if it's a short run or a long one or why they put it on him.

Here's what I wanna know as a fan ... "What's his character like. What's his storylines gonna be like?"

That's it. If Ring of Honor has good answers to those questions their show is gonna improve. And if their show is not gonna improve it doesn't matter who they put the belt.

I will say this, though. It's not a good sign that we're all talking about how great it is that he finally won the championship, and that zero people are actually talking about the product.

Back in the old days everyone was all like, "You'll never guess what Stone Cold did to McMahon." Or, "I saw some crazy ass shit in ECW."

The focus needs to be on the storylines. I'm not hearing anything about that.

Comment

Originally posted by WrestlingRecap View Post
                  I don't care if it's a short run or a long one or why they put it on him.

Here's what I wanna know as a fan ... "What's his character like. What's his storylines gonna be like?"

That's it. If Ring of Honor has good answers to those questions their show is gonna improve. And if their show is not gonna improve it doesn't matter who they put the belt.

I will say this, though. It's not a good sign that we're all talking about how great it is that he finally won the championship, and that zero people are actually talking about the product.

Back in the old days everyone was all like, "You'll never guess what Stone Cold did to McMahon." Or, "I saw some crazy ass shit in ECW."

The focus needs to be on the storylines. I'm not hearing anything about that.

Comment

Well deserve, I always thought the only thing holding him back was his look. His appearance as a whole looks kinda of odd (body and ring gear).
                    TNA Forum Title History
                    Forum Championship (1 time)
                    Tag Team Championship (3 time)
                    X Championship (2 time)
                    Internet Championship (3 time)

Comment

Well deserve, I always thought the only thing holding him back was his look. His appearance as a whole looks kinda of odd (body and ring gear).
                      TNA Forum Title History
                      Forum Championship (1 time)
                      Tag Team Championship (3 time)
                      X Championship (2 time)
                      Internet Championship (3 time)

Comment

Much like Jericho and Austin, Daniels has done a an excellent job of changing his character to fit with the times. I was never that big of a fan of serious "fallen angel" early TNA Daniels. However, I love the "Ring General"Daniels and his partner Kaz.

Comment

Much like Jericho and Austin, Daniels has done a an excellent job of changing his character to fit with the times. I was never that big of a fan of serious "fallen angel" early TNA Daniels. However, I love the "Ring General"Daniels and his partner Kaz.

Comment

Hate to be that guy, but I think this is the start of the sunset for Daniels. Been almost 20 years since he nearly broke his neck on live TV. He is not young anymore at 45, and approaching 20 years since his WWE debut. I mean, he fought Angle coming up in the match were Angle could not bump for him and was around for Angle's farewell in TNA. His career was longer than many indy guys that came up during the RoH era that already have retired.

My all-time favorite Daniels gimmick was Prophecy Daniels during the long stretch where he was not in RoH but Ally Danger would speak for him for like two years. When he finally did return it was amazing to see them united.

As for Dalton, his time is coming. Surprised that WWE did not grab him already really. He will be signed sooner or later.
                            Flowers gathered in the morning,
                            Afternoon they blossom on,
                            Still are withered by the evening:
                            You can be me when I'm gone.

Comment

Hate to be that guy, but I think this is the start of the sunset for Daniels. Been almost 20 years since he nearly broke his neck on live TV. He is not young anymore at 45, and approaching 20 years since his WWE debut. I mean, he fought Angle coming up in the match were Angle could not bump for him and was around for Angle's farewell in TNA. His career was longer than many indy guys that came up during the RoH era that already have retired.

My all-time favorite Daniels gimmick was Prophecy Daniels during the long stretch where he was not in RoH but Ally Danger would speak for him for like two years. When he finally did return it was amazing to see them united.

As for Dalton, his time is coming. Surprised that WWE did not grab him already really. He will be signed sooner or later.
                              Flowers gathered in the morning,
                              Afternoon they blossom on,
                              Still are withered by the evening:
                              You can be me when I'm gone.

Comment

Working...
                              X