Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: The Fallen Angel Ascends To The Top

Originally posted by Engel View Post
    Hate to be that guy, but I think this is the start of the sunset for Daniels. Been almost 20 years since he nearly broke his neck on live TV. He is not young anymore at 45, and approaching 20 years since his WWE debut. I mean, he fought Angle coming up in the match were Angle could not bump for him and was around for Angle's farewell in TNA. His career was longer than many indy guys that came up during the RoH era that already have retired.

My all-time favorite Daniels gimmick was Prophecy Daniels during the long stretch where he was not in RoH but Ally Danger would speak for him for like two years. When he finally did return it was amazing to see them united.

As for Dalton, his time is coming. Surprised that WWE did not grab him already really. He will be signed sooner or later.
    I'm a huge Daniels mark but I'm with you here. I'm happy that Chris finally got his long overdue moment in the sun.

Props to surrender for the great banner.

Comment

Originally posted by Engel View Post
      Hate to be that guy, but I think this is the start of the sunset for Daniels. Been almost 20 years since he nearly broke his neck on live TV. He is not young anymore at 45, and approaching 20 years since his WWE debut. I mean, he fought Angle coming up in the match were Angle could not bump for him and was around for Angle's farewell in TNA. His career was longer than many indy guys that came up during the RoH era that already have retired.

My all-time favorite Daniels gimmick was Prophecy Daniels during the long stretch where he was not in RoH but Ally Danger would speak for him for like two years. When he finally did return it was amazing to see them united.

As for Dalton, his time is coming. Surprised that WWE did not grab him already really. He will be signed sooner or later.
      I'm a huge Daniels mark but I'm with you here. I'm happy that Chris finally got his long overdue moment in the sun.

Props to surrender for the great banner.

Comment

I'm glad he finally won the world championship. Well deserved and long overdue.

Comment

I'm glad he finally won the world championship. Well deserved and long overdue.

Comment

I'm glad Daniels finally won a World Title. Over a decade too late but better late than never. He was the guy who got me into non-Maryland indy wrestling so I'll always have a soft spot for him. Here is a thing I wrote about Daniels a few years ago in PW's Favorite Wrestler Countdown. I had him at #24 on my list. Doubt he'd be that high nowadays but he was a personal favorite from about 1998-2006.

Spoiler

Comment

I'm glad Daniels finally won a World Title. Over a decade too late but better late than never. He was the guy who got me into non-Maryland indy wrestling so I'll always have a soft spot for him. Here is a thing I wrote about Daniels a few years ago in PW's Favorite Wrestler Countdown. I had him at #24 on my list. Doubt he'd be that high nowadays but he was a personal favorite from about 1998-2006.

Spoiler

Comment

I've never been as crazy about Daniels as some people are but I'm glad he finally got the strap in ROH. Always thought it should have been him getting the belt instead of Xavier and then Samoa Joe would beat him to start his long title run as ROH champ. I don't know exactly why that didn't happen, Xavier seemed like an odd choice to make champ.

Comment

I've never been as crazy about Daniels as some people are but I'm glad he finally got the strap in ROH. Always thought it should have been him getting the belt instead of Xavier and then Samoa Joe would beat him to start his long title run as ROH champ. I don't know exactly why that didn't happen, Xavier seemed like an odd choice to make champ.

Comment

Originally posted by vendrell View Post
                    TNA.

Comment

Originally posted by vendrell View Post
                      TNA.

Comment

Working...
                      X