So is it Ethical to support TNA now?

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• So is it Ethical to support TNA now?

I wanted other opinions before I made my own.

Is it Ethical to support TNA? Watch it? Buy tickets? Buy Merchandise or PPVs?

Obviously the Hardy situation is the only one that would make me wonder.

Seems like it's their fault the Hardys left. I don't blame them. Logistics being what they are, they couldn't transfer over the infrastructure in place from one company to the next. So the contracts didn't get there soon enough.

The Hardys walked. It happens. It was Anthems fault but I doubt many other companies would have done better. It was a hectic situation I'm sure.

But now the lawsuit, and especially the tasteless way they wrote the Hardys off. (Not to mention non-sensical.)

Is it ethical to support this company? It would be a shame to walk away now after they seem to be doing so many things right. The SHow has an energizing and positive envirorment. I suspect the company is on the right track, finally.

But fair is fair. Should we support this company or are they gonna turn out to be another WWE?

Re: So is it Ethical to support TNA now?

Yes its ethical to support Impact Wresting. When the Hardy's contract came up for renewal Anthem had the right to resign for what they felt they were worth or not sign them. Just like when the Hardy's became free agents they had to option to sign with whoever they wanted. Things do not always work out. It's business.

If Anthem owns the rights to the "broken" character they are doing nothing wrong.

My best advise don't over think it. If you are a wrestling fan just enjoy it.

Comment

Yes its ethical to support Impact Wresting. When the Hardy's contract came up for renewal Anthem had the right to resign for what they felt they were worth or not sign them. Just like when the Hardy's became free agents they had to option to sign with whoever they wanted. Things do not always work out. It's business.

If Anthem owns the rights to the "broken" character they are doing nothing wrong.

Comment

I don't know about the ethics of it all because I wasn't a fly on the wall but I really doubt TNA owns the broken character it seems to be Matt's brain child. Even if it is TNA's property what's the harm of the Hardy's keeping the rights to the characters? does TNA need any more bad press?

Props to surrender for the great banner.

Comment

I don't know about the ethics of it all because I wasn't a fly on the wall but I really doubt TNA owns the broken character it seems to be Matt's brain child. Even if it is TNA's property what's the harm of the Hardy's keeping the rights to the characters? does TNA need any more bad press?

Comment

Ethically? Meaning, is it morally good or correct to support TNA?

Avoid trying to convolute the point you're making - should we support TNA?

The answer is, no.

No, we should not support TNA. Yet. They need to win the fans back. If we all jump on the bandwagon because Dixie is out and Jarrett is back in, what will it solve? Nothing. They need to first produce a product worth investing in. They need to lock some stuff down, some vision, some direction, some leadership - something they company has lacked for a long time, and some professionalism - leave the backstage bullshit, politics behind the scenes and do something.

Comment

The answer is, no.

No, we should not support TNA. Yet. They need to win the fans back. If we all jump on the bandwagon because Dixie is out and Jarrett is back in, what will it solve? Nothing. They need to first produce a product worth investing in. They need to lock some stuff down, some vision, some direction, some leadership - something they company has lacked for a long time, and some professionalism - leave the backstage bullshit, politics behind the scenes and do something.

Comment

Originally posted by body slam View Post

I don't know, nobody ever got hurt by over thinking something. Under thinking on the other hand ...

But good point, Anthem may very well own the broken character. A point others have not brought up that much.

I would point out, however, that I dont' have a problem with negoations breaking down and I don't think anybody should ever be insulted by a contract offer.

It's more the way they wrote them off TV, so disrespectful.

Originally posted by Ed View Post
                Yeah, I agree. It seems like a shitty thing to do especially when you consider what Matt has done for them, the situation that led to them leaving, and the horrible reputation and conditions of TNA WResgtling.
                Originally posted by nath45 View Post

The answer is, no.

It looks like they're really getting the direction down. The TV show seems really good. It's more the ethical stuff I'm worried about.

Comment

Originally posted by body slam View Post

I don't know, nobody ever got hurt by over thinking something. Under thinking on the other hand ...

But good point, Anthem may very well own the broken character. A point others have not brought up that much.

I would point out, however, that I dont' have a problem with negoations breaking down and I don't think anybody should ever be insulted by a contract offer.

It's more the way they wrote them off TV, so disrespectful.

Yeah, I agree. It seems like a shitty thing to do especially when you consider what Matt has done for them, the situation that led to them leaving, and the horrible reputation and conditions of TNA WResgtling.
                  Originally posted by nath45 View Post

The answer is, no.

It looks like they're really getting the direction down. The TV show seems really good. It's more the ethical stuff I'm worried about.

Comment

TNA? What is this TNA you all speak of?

Comment

Comment

Don't forget about the Eli Drake/Jeff Jarrett altercation regarding the shoot last week.

Comment

Don't forget about the Eli Drake/Jeff Jarrett altercation regarding the shoot last week.

Comment

I'm not familiar.

Originally posted by whocares View Post

That's another thing. Why can't they change the companies name if they want to? How2 hard is that?

I mean, they say TNA is the "Old company" and yet it's still on their titles and it's still their promo code for their fantasty draft sponsorship and everybody keeps calling it TNA.

They can't simply call it Impact Wrestling because that's the name of TNA's TV show people don't really get that it's a change. They just think that people are talking about their TV show, not a new company.

Comment

I'm not familiar.

Originally posted by whocares View Post

That's another thing. Why can't they change the companies name if they want to? How2 hard is that?

I mean, they say TNA is the "Old company" and yet it's still on their titles and it's still their promo code for their fantasty draft sponsorship and everybody keeps calling it TNA.

They can't simply call it Impact Wrestling because that's the name of TNA's TV show people don't really get that it's a change. They just think that people are talking about their TV show, not a new company.

Comment

Working...
                              X