No announcement yet.

So is it Ethical to support TNA now?

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: So is it Ethical to support TNA now?

Originally posted by Mad Dog Smith View Post
    I'm not familiar.

That's another thing. Why can't they change the companies name if they want to? How2 hard is that?

I mean, they say TNA is the "Old company" and yet it's still on their titles and it's still their promo code for their fantasty draft sponsorship and everybody keeps calling it TNA.

They can't simply call it Impact Wrestling because that's the name of TNA's TV show people don't really get that it's a change. They just think that people are talking about their TV show, not a new company.
    Source: PWInsider

PWInsider.com is reporting that several wrestlers backstage were upset at the latest Impact Wrestling tapings with the company taking shots at the previous regime, feeling like it was also insulting everyone that was there, including the roster.

Eli Drake reportedly confronted Jeff Jarrett over this, and the two were said to have had a conversation that was not described "as getting ugly." Drake was said to have voiced some of the frustrations that the locker room was having, feeling like they were being disrespected despite sticking with the company through all of the problems that they had last year. Drake reportedly also spoke with Bruce Prichard.
    It was noted that the shots at the former regime on tonight's Impact Wrestling were meant to be aimed at the former management team, i.e. Dixie Carter. It was meant to be a way for the company to distance themselves going forward without having to do a reboot.

Props to surrender for the great banner.

Comment

Originally posted by Mad Dog Smith View Post
      I'm not familiar.

That's another thing. Why can't they change the companies name if they want to? How2 hard is that?

I mean, they say TNA is the "Old company" and yet it's still on their titles and it's still their promo code for their fantasty draft sponsorship and everybody keeps calling it TNA.

They can't simply call it Impact Wrestling because that's the name of TNA's TV show people don't really get that it's a change. They just think that people are talking about their TV show, not a new company.

PWInsider.com is reporting that several wrestlers backstage were upset at the latest Impact Wrestling tapings with the company taking shots at the previous regime, feeling like it was also insulting everyone that was there, including the roster.

Eli Drake reportedly confronted Jeff Jarrett over this, and the two were said to have had a conversation that was not described "as getting ugly." Drake was said to have voiced some of the frustrations that the locker room was having, feeling like they were being disrespected despite sticking with the company through all of the problems that they had last year. Drake reportedly also spoke with Bruce Prichard.
      It was noted that the shots at the former regime on tonight's Impact Wrestling were meant to be aimed at the former management team, i.e. Dixie Carter. It was meant to be a way for the company to distance themselves going forward without having to do a reboot.

Comment

Most big businesses do unethical stuff all the time. It just how badly it angers you to decide if you want to support them or not. I believe a good wrestling company would probably have rights to characters made on there show. Knowing how TNA has done businesss in the past they probably don't have rights to the characters.
        TNA Forum Title History
        Forum Championship (1 time)
        Tag Team Championship (3 time)
        X Championship (2 time)
        Internet Championship (3 time)

Comment

Most big businesses do unethical stuff all the time. It just how badly it angers you to decide if you want to support them or not. I believe a good wrestling company would probably have rights to characters made on there show. Knowing how TNA has done businesss in the past they probably don't have rights to the characters.
          TNA Forum Title History
          Forum Championship (1 time)
          Tag Team Championship (3 time)
          X Championship (2 time)
          Internet Championship (3 time)

Comment

I'd say no. The general way they are heading has really put me off. They had already lost me after the whole Hardy situation and the way they chose to deal with it which was highly unprofessional and disrespectful but even other than that they are just turning out to be a bunch of of petty people high on power. Such a shame though because with such a locker room full of talent I would have really wanted to support this company.

Comment

I'd say no. The general way they are heading has really put me off. They had already lost me after the whole Hardy situation and the way they chose to deal with it which was highly unprofessional and disrespectful but even other than that they are just turning out to be a bunch of of petty people high on power. Such a shame though because with such a locker room full of talent I would have really wanted to support this company.

Comment

Originally posted by Ed View Post

I can easily see this turning into an on air storyline where Eli Drake and others are against the way the new regime runs things and they fued with an pro Anthem ownership stable. The way Bruce Pritchard completed ignored everything EC3 said about getting a title shot and giving Alberto Del Rio errr, I mean El Patron the title shot vs Bobby Lashley I can see him joining Drake in it.
                Austin Aries> CM Punk

Comment

I can easily see this turning into an on air storyline where Eli Drake and others are against the way the new regime runs things and they fued with an pro Anthem ownership stable. The way Bruce Pritchard completed ignored everything EC3 said about getting a title shot and giving Alberto Del Rio errr, I mean El Patron the title shot vs Bobby Lashley I can see him joining Drake in it.
                  Austin Aries> CM Punk

Comment

I would assume if any talent actually feels that way, they're taking it the wrong way.

TNA is absolutely in the right to call out past management and acknowledge, finally, that the show was awful and the company was awful.
                    Originally posted by X-zero View Post
                    I don't think that's true. I think there are so many big businesses who's actions go unchecked that it's easy to say most big businesses are terrible but I dion't think that's true.

I think most businesses are ethical as far as the law goes. EVen beyond the law.
                    Originally posted by CarlitoCool9111 View Post
                    God I hope not. The good guy wrestlers can't be seen as on the same side as Dixie Carter.

Comment

I would assume if any talent actually feels that way, they're taking it the wrong way.

TNA is absolutely in the right to call out past management and acknowledge, finally, that the show was awful and the company was awful.
                      Originally posted by X-zero View Post
                      I don't think that's true. I think there are so many big businesses who's actions go unchecked that it's easy to say most big businesses are terrible but I dion't think that's true.

I think most businesses are ethical as far as the law goes. EVen beyond the law.
                      Originally posted by CarlitoCool9111 View Post
                      God I hope not. The good guy wrestlers can't be seen as on the same side as Dixie Carter.

Comment

Someone needs to challenge these wrestling companies over their "trademarking" of characters etc. First of all, unless Matt specifically sold the "Broken" character to TNA, they can not legally trademark it. It is someone else's intellectual property. However, it doesn't stop companies from trying all the time. The NFL and the Saints tried to trademark"Who Dat" and the Fleur De Lis(the symbol on the Saints helmet) They bullied some shops into pulling merchandise etc. However, when some local attorneys found out, they had to put their tail between their legs and back off like cowards. The Who Dat trademark goes way back and there is a lot of debate on who owns it but one thing everyone knows is that the Saints didn't create it. If anyone deserves a copyright it would be the radio stations that played the original "who dat" song. Them trying to copyright the fleur de lis is even more funny as that goes back hundreds of years to when New Orleans belonged to the French.

Anyway, these companies always want their cake and eat it to. The WWE gives wrestlers names that sound like their real names and then proceed to use past achievements of the real person playing their character. That should disqualify them from owning 100% of the character. If they completely made up a past for all the wrestlers like Kane and Undertaker than ok. However, if you would like to use Titus O'Neill's national championships at Florida to build his "character" then use the damn name he played football under.

Comment

Someone needs to challenge these wrestling companies over their "trademarking" of characters etc. First of all, unless Matt specifically sold the "Broken" character to TNA, they can not legally trademark it. It is someone else's intellectual property. However, it doesn't stop companies from trying all the time. The NFL and the Saints tried to trademark"Who Dat" and the Fleur De Lis(the symbol on the Saints helmet) They bullied some shops into pulling merchandise etc. However, when some local attorneys found out, they had to put their tail between their legs and back off like cowards. The Who Dat trademark goes way back and there is a lot of debate on who owns it but one thing everyone knows is that the Saints didn't create it. If anyone deserves a copyright it would be the radio stations that played the original "who dat" song. Them trying to copyright the fleur de lis is even more funny as that goes back hundreds of years to when New Orleans belonged to the French.

Anyway, these companies always want their cake and eat it to. The WWE gives wrestlers names that sound like their real names and then proceed to use past achievements of the real person playing their character. That should disqualify them from owning 100% of the character. If they completely made up a past for all the wrestlers like Kane and Undertaker than ok. However, if you would like to use Titus O'Neill's national championships at Florida to build his "character" then use the damn name he played football under.

Comment

Rose Mary has been allowed to use the character elsewhere. I wonder what's different about her situation compared to the Hardy's?

Comment

Rose Mary has been allowed to use the character elsewhere. I wonder what's different about her situation compared to the Hardy's?

Comment

Well Rosemary is still with the company right? So there's that.

But I'd be surprised if they didn't let her use her name anyway. She's not the kind of money that the Broken Matt Hardy is.

Comment

Working...
                                X